GTA 5 TRAILER 11.02.2011

• 104 results
#1 Edited by eivraj (14 posts) -
#2 Edited by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

What?

Edit: Ah, you edited in a link.

Edit#2: Man, I'm excited as hell. I know some users here hate GTA4 for whatever reason, but I honestly can't wait to see what's up with the next entry.

#3 Posted by eivraj (14 posts) -

@Cincaid: haha sorry!

#4 Posted by PirateNeal (270 posts) -

BALLS!

#5 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1133 posts) -

I guess it's legit as it's in the same style as the GTA title and is on a branch of Rockstar's website (at least, I think it is).

#6 Posted by Mmmslash (2171 posts) -

I just came to post this! You're as fast as reddit!

#7 Posted by solidlife (885 posts) -

shit just got real!

#8 Posted by elcalavera (351 posts) -

I am so excited right now.

#9 Posted by eivraj (14 posts) -
#10 Edited by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

ahahah I hope they make a competent PC port this time!

EDIT: Did anybody else click on the picture like a dumbass expecting the trailer to play?

#11 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Cool, I'm interested.

#12 Posted by Matt (968 posts) -

I hope it's better than GTA 4.

#13 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

THAT V IS GREEN. I REPEAT, THAT V IS GREEN.

Which gives me hope that the main guy in this game: Irish. I want a McReary type storyline for the full game.

But either way: EXCITED AS HELL. I wonder if they'll do a little extra recording to add into the bombcast to talk about this, as they record it on mondays. Probably not.

#14 Posted by Jothel (937 posts) -

The internet will blow up that day then

#15 Posted by Yummylee (22579 posts) -

SONOFAMOTHERFU-

Lovin' that V logo, too. Must surely hint at the local, if not maybe the lead character. The colour green honestly made me think it might be an Irish protagonist, but that's a quick reactionary spitball. Best wait for the trailer rather than speculating till my eyes go dry.

#16 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

Hello months of hype!

#17 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

That V logo reminds me of the UK 5 Pound note. Also the writing of five is in the same font if I'm not mistaken so I'm thinking GTA London or maybe another city.

#18 Posted by Tebbit (4486 posts) -

The font on "Five" makes me think maybe a return to San Andreas? Although secretly, I'm kinda hoping for a new location.

#19 Posted by Soap (3645 posts) -

I'll be honest, I came into this thread expecting spam, I have been corrected and I couldn't be fucking happier about it!

#20 Posted by MEATBALL (3505 posts) -

Looks like they're trying to invoke money, where is money printed in the US? Washington?

#21 Posted by OtakuGamer (1291 posts) -

Looks like SA to me.

#22 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

so just the image or whaT?

#23 Posted by MeierTheRed (4941 posts) -

Meh.

#24 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I'm not a terribly big fan of the GTA series. Never really enjoyed it that much or even managed to finish one the games all the way through to completion. So when they released RDR I was pretty excited and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, kind of hoping they go that way with GTA5 so it's more of a fresh experience than a re-hash of the same old formula.

#25 Posted by BionicRadd (616 posts) -

I liked 4, a lot. Only stopped playing because I couldnt get past the construction yard mission. I'd like to get excited for 5, but I wish Rockstar would shorten the main stories in their games. Id love to burn through the main storyline in 4 or 5 hours and then have the whole city open up from there with side missions and crazy, silly stuff.

#26 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

Thought they only gave out numbers to new engines. So does this mean they're using a new engine to power GTAV?

#27 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

I still play GTA 4 today and I still madly enjoy the physics and gameplay and story and voice acting and THE CRAZY RADIO STATIONS 

Bring. it. ON.

#28 Posted by Eidderf (507 posts) -
@Hamz said:

I'm not a terribly big fan of the GTA series. Never really enjoyed it that much or even managed to finish one the games all the way through to completion. So when they released RDR I was pretty excited and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, kind of hoping they go that way with GTA5 so it's more of a fresh experience than a re-hash of the same old formula.

Yeah I'm the same, at very least they must surely have improved the checkpointing that was lacking in 4, they'd solved that problem in RDR so I don't see any reason for it not to be.
#29 Posted by RecSpec (3948 posts) -

With these games I always get excited up until the game actually comes out. Then I don't give a damn.

Seeing how this is exciting to me. I don't think this game will be any different.

#30 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@MEATBALL: Ding fucking ding. I'm thinking the same thing.

#31 Posted by BionicRadd (616 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I still play GTA 4 today and I still madly enjoy the physics and gameplay and story and voice acting and THE CRAZY RADIO STATIONS Bring. it. ON.

I hope they do a better job with radio stations, this time around. The radio stations in 4 were my biggest disappointment. Instead of hand picking songs they liked that evoked a certain mood, they threw together a bunch of modern songs to, i guess, try and sell them?

@Eidderf said:

@Hamz said:

Yeah I'm the same, at very least they must surely have improved the checkpointing that was lacking in 4, they'd solved that problem in RDR so I don't see any reason for it not to be.

Haha. To save, you can sleep on any park bench. GTA V - Hobo Adventures!

#32 Edited by Khann (2914 posts) -

"FIVE" is written in the exact same font as the second note. To London!

#33 Posted by Mmmslash (2171 posts) -

@Khann: I will bet you the contents of my entire bank account that is still set in the US.

#34 Posted by BionicRadd (616 posts) -

Oh god, i hope it is London. i will totally buy that.

#35 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@BionicRadd said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

I still play GTA 4 today and I still madly enjoy the physics and gameplay and story and voice acting and THE CRAZY RADIO STATIONS Bring. it. ON.

I hope they do a better job with radio stations, this time around. The radio stations in 4 were my biggest disappointment. Instead of hand picking songs they liked that evoked a certain mood, they threw together a bunch of modern songs to, i guess, try and sell them?

You're not serious, right?
#36 Posted by Mutley (300 posts) -

I have the biggest fucking boner right now.

WOOOOO FINALLY!!!

#37 Edited by IkariNoTekken (987 posts) -

@Khann: Sorry to potentially burst your bubble but it really does look identical to the font on this:

I'm from the UK and would love for it be here, but to me it looks far too similar to that 'five'.

EDIT: Look at the curvature of the letters and at the pointed serifs. Both are lacking on the 5 pound note.

#38 Posted by BionicRadd (616 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@BionicRadd said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

They had a whole thing in 4 where you could buy the songs off Amazon, but yea, the music stations were a big disappointment. I know they sold soundtracks on Vice and San Andreas. I pretty much used custom soundtracks the whole time I played 4.

#39 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1417 posts) -

HOLY FUCK SHIT time to buy a new PC!

#40 Posted by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

Nice!! Just about time!

#41 Posted by MattyFTM (14433 posts) -

The stylization of the five definitely looks a bit like a British bank note, but I don't take that to mean anything. As awesome as a new GTA London would be, I don't think they would do it. If they did, I certainly don't think they'd name it GTAV.

#42 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

How bout V for Vice City?....Anyone?

#43 Posted by IkariNoTekken (987 posts) -

@MattyFTM: Look at the curvature of the lettering and the pointed serifs, both are missing from a 5 pound note but appear on a 5 dollar note.

#44 Posted by RobertOrri (1159 posts) -

Would be nice to see them visit a new location, for sure. Fans have been calling out to Rockstar to do a fake district capital for the longest time now (can't remember if Washington, D.C. was ever mentioned by name in any of the previous GTA games, sure is likely though).

The green money V might be a reference to that, or a nod to the banking crisis. Probably both.

#45 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

Can I get a Whoop Whoooooop?!

#46 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@BionicRadd said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@BionicRadd said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

They had a whole thing in 4 where you could buy the songs off Amazon, but yea, the music stations were a big disappointment. I know they sold soundtracks on Vice and San Andreas. I pretty much used custom soundtracks the whole time I played 4.

I have no idea what you're talking about, dude. 

The game has over 10 radio stations of all different genres, each station had a great set of same-genre same-vibe music that made it feel like a real station, a couple of stations had those hysterical talk shows and advertisements, and Independent FM was for you to play your own music..  

Flawless radio station system in GTA IV
#47 Posted by Master_Funk (741 posts) -

Would love another take on San Andreas. Its probably me favourite game of all time , so Im super excited

#48 Posted by Khann (2914 posts) -

@IkariNoTekken said:

@Khann: Sorry to potentially burst your bubble but it really does look identical to the font on this:

I'm from the UK and would love for it be here but to me it look far too similar to that 'five'.

Yeah I know :(

#49 Posted by kalmis (1549 posts) -

Yes finally. Will be interesting to see on what platform this will be out on.

#50 Posted by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

I see what people are saying about the V being exactly like an english 5 pound note and as an Englishman myself I really hope these people are WRONG. I don't think R* will be able to capture the culture that makes England (I assume they'll go London) so great. That being said if they can capture and parody the UK music culture (Grime and Dubstep) and take an emphasis off guns and make it more about knife crime it may be interesting.

The grem makes me think of San Andreas personally, as it's the colour of Grove Street baby! I'd love to go back to Gangster Crime in LA, maybe even following CJ directly after the events of SA. That game ended kind of open.

Anyway, I'm really excited for the trailer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.