Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA Online Compensation Announced

• 132 results
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@the_laughing_man: No new updates.
    but when it happens you'll probably see, at first, a new patch and also the +250k added to your cash in GTA Online so not exactly easy to miss.
    Then another 250k added later on.

WiredFolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Hey great, I get a prize for logging in once during October. That would be awesome if I even managed to log in once!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@the_laughing_man:

No new updates.

but when it happens you'll probably see, at first, a new patch and also the +250k added to your cash in GTA Online so not exactly easy to miss.

Any updates? I wanna buy the best motorcycle and slam it into a train.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By D0tti

So did anyone else not get the compensation after installing the patch?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:

@the_laughing_man:

No new updates.

Any updates? I wanna buy the best motorcycle and slam it into a train.

I wanna slam a train into your motorcycle!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#106  Edited By Humanity

Hey great, I get a prize for logging in once during October. That would be awesome if I even managed to log in once!

It's been pretty stable for the past week or two. At least for me, you should give it another shot.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

It's been pretty stable for the past week or two. At least for me, you should give it another shot.

Got the update..no cash...o joy.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

Hey man like I said in another thread. Last night I dropped 100k on a car I found, it was a nice looking 4-door so I thought perfect for when I do missions with the Bombcrew so we can all roll together. I got new paint, engine upgrades, rims etc. I didn't put a tracker on it in the Customs shop cause I thought I'll just take it to my personal garage and it will do that for me. So I go back to my garage and enter. I go in to do something, go back to the garage and my newly upgraded car had been returned to it's default stock status. The paint, the rims, the upgrades, 100k worth of shit all gone and of course it's not like the money was refunded or anything.

So yah, the game is still a little wonky.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

Hey man like I said in another thread. Last night I dropped 100k on a car I found, it was a nice looking 4-door so I thought perfect for when I do missions with the Bombcrew so we can all roll together. I got new paint, engine upgrades, rims etc. I didn't put a tracker on it in the Customs shop cause I thought I'll just take it to my personal garage and it will do that for me. So I go back to my garage and enter. I go in to do something, go back to the garage and my newly upgraded car had been returned to it's default stock status. The paint, the rims, the upgrades, 100k worth of shit all gone and of course it's not like the money was refunded or anything.

It seems they have delayed it. Just saw it on twitter.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

I mean the money is just a quick bonus. If you want to get quick levels and money pretty fast then just get one other friend and do the Prison Records race over and over again while betting on each other. Not only do you get money and experience but also wins that count towards your vehicle class unlocks. One lap takes roughly 30 seconds.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

There was no set date for the money to arrive so it's not exactly a delay.
    All they've said so far about the money and a "release date" for it is:
    "Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details."

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

"Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details."

I realy just wanna a super motorycle damnit!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

PLAY. THE GAME.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By zeforgotten

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@zeforgotten said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

PLAY. THE GAME.

As much as I know that is a joke it is also true.
    Spend an hour in game, congrats, super motorcycle gotten.
    Now to find a train

Well ok, I guess it's two hours now that they apparantly(according to people who read another list of patchnotes than the official ones?) halved the Money you gain from missions.
    So if you got 50k per mission before, now you get 25k.

'cause you know, they have those money they wanna sell ya as well

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Isn't the most expensive bike only $15,000?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@zeforgotten said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

PLAY. THE GAME.

Now to find a train

It's actually meant as half a Reggie joke, but I agree that if you get a group of friends or bombers and you just start doing races, parachuting or any activity out of that voting screen then after an hour or two of just messing around you'll have earned a decent amount of money. The trick is to do races, parachuting and short activities that yield money even if you don't win first place. Missions are cool but sometimes you end up having to re-try it 2-4 times before you win, and in the meantime you could have earned the same amount of cash from simple activities.

Also a good idea is to always sell a car to Customs right after you log in.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the new title update is out, but they're saying no stimulus package until early next week. However, it seems they've changed it so that you now only lose a max of $500 when you die in freemode, which I am super happy about.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@zeforgotten said:

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@zeforgotten said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@humanity said:

@wiredfolf said:

PLAY. THE GAME.

Now to find a train

It's actually meant as half a Reggie joke, but I agree that if you get a group of friends or bombers and you just start doing races, parachuting or any activity out of that voting screen then after an hour or two of just messing around you'll have earned a decent amount of money. The trick is to do races, parachuting and short activities that yield money even if you don't win first place. Missions are cool but sometimes you end up having to re-try it 2-4 times before you win, and in the meantime you could have earned the same amount of cash from simple activities.

Also a good idea is to always sell a car to Customs right after you log in.

I just want more stores to rob!
    1k for robbing a store that sells cigarets and some sort of fizzy-soda-thing...
    Actually no, I wanna sell cigarets and Sprunk or whatever their thing is called. Then at some point you guys will be robbing my store, only this owner suddenly pulls out a Minigun and is wearing body armor.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@the_laughing_man: Dude the best bike costs like 15k which can be acquired in like twenty minutes.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: Dude the best bike costs like 15k which can be acquired in like twenty minutes.

Its a joke. One of the GB guys saw me slam a super expensive motocycle full speed into a train and get launched like 400 feet.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By musubi

@skyrider: Well I think that balances out them cutting all payouts in half them. Heh, glad I did base invaders twice last for the 25k payout before they patched it.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

"I want compensation for this insult!"

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: The payout reduction seems to have broken it for me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: They might well be right in thinking payouts needed to be tweaked down but they seem to have been reduced a huge amount.

Have they also reduced RP reward?

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@crash_happy said:

@demoskinos:

Have they also reduced RP reward?

They might have reduced it at least with missions and survival.

One stupid thing is that in the online tutorial Lamar says that "this mission gets you 1000$", and it did, but because the patch you only get 500$.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Crash_Happy

@charlie_victor_bravo said:

One stupid thing is that in the online tutorial Lamar says that "this mission gets you 1000$", and it did, but because the patch you only get 500$.

That's hilarious!

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG I finally have money in my bank $500,000. Time to spend all this money on dumb stuff!

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rockstar have so far managed to fail to do just about everything they said they would. The date for the cash giveaway kept getting put back, while they never gave a firm date they did occasionaly (communication is not their strong point) say to expect it "next week". Then they changed it so that it sounded like the money would drop with the beach bum pack. Then they suggested that would hit start of this week but then when a patch did hit, it wasn't the beach bum update nor the money.

Still, the money has finally hit but really I think at this point most active players don't care. I might save mine up for a tank or a Titan maybe.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Anything in there to fix how crushingly boring it is.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@avantegardener: Only leveling up to around 20 or 25 so that you can get decent guns, missions and open world events.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Skyrider

Other than racing, missions, survival etc, if you're not playing with other people in freeroam then no, there isn't. There's plenty of random stuff to do with random people in freeroam, granted most of it involves killing them, but you pretty much have to make your own fun. Which, by the way, is much easier when you have other people to run with. So yeah, if you're bored, you should try playing with the folks in one of the several GB crews.

Yeah, I had already forgotten about the beach bum pack completely. I'm glad that they finally doled out the $500K, but even in that regard they didn't do what they said. They went on and on about two deposits of $250K so as not to ruin the economy, but in the end they just gave it out all at once. Not that I really mind, given that I burned through ~ 350K pretty quickly, but it's hilarious that even when they deliver on what they promise, they still kind of don't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.