GTA Online has around 700 missions.

#1 Posted by Krullban (977 posts) -
#2 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2810 posts) -

They had me at GTA.

edit: yeah, 500, not 700. Looks like you made the same mistake with your topic and text as they did lol.

#3 Posted by Krullban (977 posts) -

They had me at GTA.

edit: yeah, 500, not 700. Looks like you made the same mistake with your topic and text as they did lol.

No, I think it means there are 700 missions, but not all 700 are available at any given time. There are 500 random ones of the 700 available and they will continuously be rotated.

#4 Posted by narujoe93 (2421 posts) -

This includes

• 400 drive there and shoot those guys missions
  • 150 chase some guy mission
  • 100 delivery missions
  • 50 hangouts with your goofy cousin

I kid I kid, really looking forward to fucking shit up in this game (and i'm remaining optimistic about its multiplayer)

#5 Posted by Lord_Xp (599 posts) -

Wow. I just hope its not overwhelming seeing all sorts of icons on the minimal n such.

#6 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

Quantity means nothing if the quality isn't good.

With 500/700 missions I think they'd be generic missions, like rob this bank or kill x number of guys or whatever. I'd much rather prefer that they have a smaller quantity of missions that are all hand-crafted and done well.

#7 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4037 posts) -

I don't get out of bed for less than 750.

...which is good because I can play this while laying down.

#8 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

Which one includes jumping your dirtbike off a cliff and then basejumping? Gimme like 200 of those please.

#9 Edited by Krullban (977 posts) -

Which one includes jumping your dirtbike off a cliff and then basejumping? Gimme like 200 of those please.

All 700.

#10 Posted by KrypticKiller (190 posts) -

But still only 16 players. :(

#11 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

You guys DO know that this is just going to be Red Dead Redemption multiplayer with a little bit more and that's all, right?

#12 Edited by Yummylee (20543 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

You guys DO know that this is just going to be Red Dead Redemption multiplayer with a little bit more and that's all, right?

Still sounds pretty good to me. I loved RDR's multiplayer.

Though with it actually featuring some semblance of a story, as well as having your own in-game home, being able to watch players get chased by the police on TV, full character/vehicle/weapon customisation, multiplayer tennis & golf, and not to forget the mission creation tools, I would say you're underselling just what that ''little bit more'' entails.

#13 Posted by Grissefar (2843 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Wow congrats on 21000 man.

@krullban said:

@vinny_says said:

All 700.

Wow that's funny man.

Yeah numbers that like that means dick shit, just like "our game is 20xx square miles big". Wow cool, dickhead, but who would want to explore that useless empty terrain? Still, GTA Online is probably going to be at least pretty OK.

#14 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

And people will still bitch at 16 players.

#15 Posted by Krullban (977 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

It's got quite a bit more actually..

#16 Edited by MachoFantastico (4291 posts) -

I do love how they did the random events in Red Dead Redemption. So excited by this. The only downside in Red Dead was there were so few events.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.