GTA V about to be unleashed

  • 101 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by hughesie27 (190 posts) -

Hey guys. currently watching the BLLSL and thought that I'd let you know on a little whisper I heard.

GTA V is about to become big news in I guess the next few weeks. I don't know any other details than this I am afraid other than it is going to be amazing. But we knew that anyway!?

It seems like the long wait is nearly over. If the latest screenshots we have seen are anything to go by then the graphics will be immense.

Let the good times roll. See you all soon!

#2 Edited by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -

Hmmm, your sources seem totally credible, thank you for breaking this hot scoop, Adam Schefter.

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Okay... and?

#4 Posted by TheHT (10936 posts) -

Is this thread some sort of code to signal that some mission is go?

Should I take the battery out of my cell phone for figuring this out?

#5 Posted by hughesie27 (190 posts) -

Sorry, are you guys not satisfied that you now know that within a few weeks a lot more info on GTA will be known?

#6 Posted by Vitor (2812 posts) -

@hughesie27 said:

Sorry, are you guys not satisfied that you now know that within a few weeks a lot more info on GTA will be known?

You have seemingly pulled this info out of nowhere, with no proof. People are right to doubt.

Also, the fact that at some point Rockstar will unveil more of GTA5 is hardly surprising.

A Christmas release date would be shocking news (and definitely not going to happen) but I doubt that's what you had to say.

#7 Posted by Senno (74 posts) -

@hughesie27 said:

Sorry, are you guys not satisfied that you now know that within a few weeks a lot more info on GTA will be known?

That's hardly new info. If I were Rockstar I'd be sure to keep people in the loop about the game. Especially as the Holiday season is upon us and mountains of games release. Keeping GTA V relevent would be easy, as there is certainly a lot of people anticipating the game. So bringing out more info is the easiest way to do this, and with their recent crop of screenshots showing off the game plus some quotes from the developers saying that more will be shown soon - you are hardly telling us anything new.

#8 Posted by hughesie27 (190 posts) -

No bother guys. My mistake.

With regards to where I got the info, all I will say is that I live in Edinburgh.

Of course you have the right to doubt. But having been a member of the site since almost day 1 and as a premium member I thought I'd get the benefit of the doubt.

... I don't really see why Rockstar would be fussed about keeping GTA relevant over the xmas period if they weren't planning on releasing it in that window.

I'd much more expect them to want to keep it relevant in peoples minds in order to kick off the hype train for a launch period within the next couple of quarters. Please note that I am now speaking from my own personal opinion and not from inside info...

At least we can all agree that we would all like to think that I am telling the truth and am correct.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (922 posts) -
@hughesie27: You should know that 90% of the users on this site are jerks by now
#10 Posted by Nitrocore (369 posts) -

If I had to guess I'd say that the game will be released in April 2013. Source: Just a guess.

#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

I don't think you need any kind of insider information to know that they're building up to releasing more information. They've been releasing random screenshots with no context and are obviously getting ready for a release date announcement. Even if they're not launching it anytime soon, it's GTA. They'll start building up hype as soon as possible.

#12 Posted by hughesie27 (190 posts) -

@Jonny_Anonymous: As you can see from my post count I don't tend to contribute much to the forums. But reading through a few game forums I can certainly see why you would say that.

TBH I think the response to this thread has been pretty tame and somewhat justified.

We haven't had much in the way of news regarding GTA for a while now so I thought I would help whet folks appetites for the game and give them a bit of a buzz/excitement before the big details emerge over the next wee while.

Cheers.

#13 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@hughesie27: What you say does sound plausible, but with no source it is a bit hard to believe. What interests me actually is if they will port it to the Wii U. I could imagine the second screen could be used as a map which would be great since GTA games are huge.

#14 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I still don't know what you're "breaking" in terms of news , you mean that Rockstar is gonna release some more info about the game? that's no secret they say that themselves when releasing those screenshots last month.

#15 Posted by hughesie27 (190 posts) -

@AngelN7: Did you know that this info they have said they would be revealing would be within the next few weeks?

I'm done with this thread...

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (922 posts) -
@hughesie27: Dude honestly this site has one of the most unwelcoming community's out there, don't even bother trying 
#17 Posted by ffdthree (200 posts) -

This seemed rather pointless. So, I figured I'd also contribute nothing with the illusion of something.

#18 Posted by DeeGee (2116 posts) -

HEY GUYS, AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE THERE WILL BE MORE INFO ON GTA V.

BREAKING NEWS GUYS.

#19 Edited by hughesie27 (190 posts) -

I'm sure you oh so knowledgeable game buffs already know this so there really isn't any reason in posting this but hey. I like to think I am a nice fucking guy.

The game is out around Spring.

I'd like to say a big thanks to my source.

#20 Edited by _Chad (963 posts) -

I decided to edit. I don't want to be cockwad. So if this proves to be real thanks for the heads and if turns out you're lying then "Oh, you" I'm shaking my fist at the screen and saying it with a playful manner.

#21 Posted by MSX2 (36 posts) -
@hughesie27

I'm sure you oh so knowledgeable game buffs already know this so there really isn't any reason in posting this but hey. I like to think I am a nice fucking guy.

The game is out around Spring.

I'd like to say a big thanks to my source.

That sounds awesome. Spring can't come soon enough. Thank you for sharing this. :)
#22 Posted by Baillie (4041 posts) -

@hughesie27: Let's try not to get ahead of yourself here, you just said you heard a whisper that they might announce new stuff about GTA V soon. Also, that you are from Edinburgh. I have absolutely no idea what makes you entitled to anything, and I'm really not being a dick. They're going to announce something in the next month or so, probably not much other than a release date though.

Honestly, unwelcoming community...

#23 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

@hughesie27 said:

I'm sure you oh so knowledgeable game buffs already know this so there really isn't any reason in posting this but hey. I like to think I am a nice fucking guy.

The game is out around Spring.

I'd like to say a big thanks to my source.

Not that I'm trying to sound like a complete arse. But, yeah a lot of people probably would've already guessed that. Myself included. Rockstar have tended to release their big games in the Spring this generation.

Whilst I think people have been quite harsh on you for all of this, their viewpoint is quite understandable. People can quite easily lie about this stuff. This kind of thing has happened before here, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I'll take you're word for it and eagerly await new news.

#24 Posted by alternate (2688 posts) -

wow, next few weeks. you must have high placed sources to get so super specific.

In other news. I hear there will be a terrorist atrocity somewhere in the world in the next month. I'm in the CIA I am.

#25 Posted by Jimbo (9776 posts) -

I heard that the V is Roman for 5! See you all soon!

#26 Edited by altairre (1141 posts) -

Thanks for the info dude. I'm just going to trust you on this one especially since most people decided to be absolute jerks. You don't have to believe him and maybe you already predicted it but does that mean you have to be a dick about it? It's the internet I guess.

#27 Posted by believer258 (11686 posts) -

@hughesie27 said:

I'm sure you oh so knowledgeable game buffs already know this so there really isn't any reason in posting this but hey. I like to think I am a nice fucking guy.

The game is out around Spring.

I'd like to say a big thanks to my source.

I don't want to be an ass but I'm always skeptical of people saying they have news and a source without telling us who this news and source came from. You could just be looking for attention.

Online
#28 Edited by DharmaBum (1048 posts) -

I could see them unveiling something of significance just as a reminder before the slew of fall releases consumes everyone's attention.

Max Payne 3 didn't have the longevity they were hoping for after such a long development time, and yet they're still obligated to crank out a few more DLCs despite the low population of active players.

#29 Posted by N7 (3574 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@hughesie27 said:

I'm sure you oh so knowledgeable game buffs already know this so there really isn't any reason in posting this but hey. I like to think I am a nice fucking guy.

The game is out around Spring.

I'd like to say a big thanks to my source.

I don't want to be an ass but I'm always skeptical of people saying they have news and a source without telling us who this news and source came from. You could just be looking for attention.

I am his source. I found this information in my boll of spaghetti-os right after I saw the Virgin Mary in my toast. You can trust me, I'm Cthulu's brother and live on mars.

#30 Posted by believer258 (11686 posts) -

@N7 said:

@believer258 said:

@hughesie27 said:

I'm sure you oh so knowledgeable game buffs already know this so there really isn't any reason in posting this but hey. I like to think I am a nice fucking guy.

The game is out around Spring.

I'd like to say a big thanks to my source.

I don't want to be an ass but I'm always skeptical of people saying they have news and a source without telling us who this news and source came from. You could just be looking for attention.

I am his source. I found this information in my boll of spaghetti-os right after I saw the Virgin Mary in my toast. You can trust me, I'm Cthulu's brother and live on mars.

Well, there we go. , you could have just admitted that N7 was your (totally credible) source and everything would have been fine.

Online
#31 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

I've also heard Nintendo will be announcing some sort of new Mario game for the Wii U and releasing next year.  Mario will make a noise when he jumps. 
  
I cannot reveal my source. 

#32 Posted by PhilipDuck (533 posts) -

You clearly don't work for Rockstar... stop acting.. it's quite predictable that we will hear more information from Rockstar North on GTA V soon as 2K release Borderlands 2, they were always going to start the GTA train. Good try though...

#33 Posted by Jaytow (693 posts) -

IM DONE WITH THIS THREAD!!!!:

#34 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

My uncle works for Nintendo and he said they'll be announcing a new side-scrolling Metroid for the 3DS any day now.

#35 Posted by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

I will need to take a shit later.

There, I just summed up this thread.

#36 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (922 posts) -
@Baillie said:

@hughesie27: Let's try not to get ahead of yourself here, you just said you heard a whisper that they might announce new stuff about GTA V soon. Also, that you are from Edinburgh. I have absolutely no idea what makes you entitled to anything, and I'm really not being a dick. They're going to announce something in the next month or so, probably not much other than a release date though.

Honestly, unwelcoming community...

Reading through the posts in this thread are you actually going to say GB has a welcoming community? I'v seen this happen in a number of threads now. 
#37 Posted by Brodehouse (9654 posts) -

Hey guys, just want to let you know that sometime soon BioWare is going to say something about Dragon Age 3.

Okay, I'll tell you. It'll have some online connectivity. Get hype!

#38 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

My uncle works for Nintendo so i'm gonna let you all in on some HOT SCOOPZ. NINTENDO IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON A ZELDAGAME OKAYBAI.

#39 Posted by Arabes (338 posts) -

@hughesie27: Fuck these other guys. Thanks for posting what you think is a little tidbit of info. To all the people out there who felt it necessary to immediately say "Duh, of course they are everyone knows that, I could of guessed, you have no sources" who the fuck are you trying to get one up on. You sound like goddam children bangin on about how you already knew they were going to announce mario 3 cause your dad works in nintendo. If you already knew this shit why not just say fucking nothing? For a goddam change. This guy says one little thing and immediately people just crawl right up his asshole and start giving out. The sooner we figure out how to punch people over the net the more respectful everyone's going to be.

#40 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4646 posts) -

Just got off the phone and Sony will, at some point, release a new console. It may be called the Playstation 4.

Can't reveal my sources but I'll just say something vague that insinuates I work for Sony.

#41 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

It's not that the community is unwelcoming, but most of these guys have a pretty sensitive bullcrapometer for stuff like this. It would be nice to see some links or whatever. I see people come in here and post junk all of the time like "inside info here!" and "check out this behind the scenes develpment footage" that ends up linking to something bogus. It's just that the info you put up is so vague.

#42 Posted by Elyk247 (366 posts) -

We're not dicks. Just pessimistic.

If someone tells us something, we need something a bit more tangible than an internet forum post.

#43 Posted by Brodehouse (9654 posts) -
@kgb0515 Exactly. This is just a guy trying to get people to pay attention to him, and maybe he didn't the kind of attention he expected. Because this isn't the first time someone has shown up on a video game forum claiming to have extremely vague 'news' and then didn't back it up with anything.
#44 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

@hughesie27 said:

With regards to where I got the info, all I will say is that I live in Edinburgh.

We can tell from your Hearts of Midlothian avatar, but we've been on the internet long enough to be wary when it seems like someone's trying to start a big rumour for funsies.

#45 Posted by Baillie (4041 posts) -

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yes, my friend made a thread saying he's new, he got pages of replies welcoming him. Woah, hostile community there.

@Arabes said:

@hughesie27: Fuck these other guys. Thanks for posting what you think is a little tidbit of info. To all the people out there who felt it necessary to immediately say "Duh, of course they are everyone knows that, I could of guessed, you have no sources" who the fuck are you trying to get one up on. You sound like goddam children bangin on about how you already knew they were going to announce mario 3 cause your dad works in nintendo. If you already knew this shit why not just say fucking nothing? For a goddam change. This guy says one little thing and immediately people just crawl right up his asshole and start giving out. The sooner we figure out how to punch people over the net the more respectful everyone's going to be.

People aren't jumping down his throat for no reason, and there is basically no said jumping down throats anyway. All that's been said is that his post is pointless. the game got announced and there's been a few screenshots ever since, of course there's going to be some sort of announcement soon, but it's going to be nothing more than a release date or something. Come on, I know it was in good intentions, but look at the post, there's no news, no info, nothing.

#46 Posted by probablytuna (3555 posts) -

F K... in the coffee.

#47 Posted by Hadoken101 (732 posts) -

@hughesie27 said:

The game is out around Spring.

So like the last 4 games they've put out? I'm willing to go one further and say it'll be early May, like the last 3 years.

#48 Posted by ShaggE (6351 posts) -

Guys, it's legit, I have the same source. I have proof, too: GTAV will be interactive, and have a plot involving a criminal. It will be open world, and cars are CONFIRMED, as well as weapons and buildings. It will NOT be a direct sequel to Donkey Kong Jr., and the ghost of Captain Lou Albano will NOT be voicing the main character.

#49 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (922 posts) -
@Baillie said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yes, my friend made a thread saying he's new, he got pages of replies welcoming him. Woah, hostile community there.

@Arabes said:

@hughesie27: Fuck these other guys. Thanks for posting what you think is a little tidbit of info. To all the people out there who felt it necessary to immediately say "Duh, of course they are everyone knows that, I could of guessed, you have no sources" who the fuck are you trying to get one up on. You sound like goddam children bangin on about how you already knew they were going to announce mario 3 cause your dad works in nintendo. If you already knew this shit why not just say fucking nothing? For a goddam change. This guy says one little thing and immediately people just crawl right up his asshole and start giving out. The sooner we figure out how to punch people over the net the more respectful everyone's going to be.

People aren't jumping down his throat for no reason, and there is basically no said jumping down throats anyway. All that's been said is that his post is pointless. the game got announced and there's been a few screenshots ever since, of course there's going to be some sort of announcement soon, but it's going to be nothing more than a release date or something. Come on, I know it was in good intentions, but look at the post, there's no news, no info, nothing.

All I see here is a thread full of assholes and thats one of the reasons many pepole join this site but don't actually post in the forums  
#50 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

My dad owns rockstar and I can confirm this is true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.