GTA V Official Trailer.

• 165 results
#1 Edited by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

This will probably be the last trailer we see for GTA V. It will make its TV debut this Sunday during Breaking Bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is excitng to hear that Grand Theft Auto V has officially Gone Gold here is a note from R*.

A leak was suspected but it sucks that the hard work of Developers can be undone by a matter of seconds. Luckily it has been said that the Pre load cannot be run and the only leak was a large audio file which can spoil some stuff. I hope you people take extra care going through youtube videos and boards for the next couple of weeks. Do not worry about spoilers appearing visible on Giant bomb i am sure the Mods can quickly remove them as they are pretty good with that stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GTA ONLINE GAMEPLAY VIDEO.

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world.

Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

Rockstar will not sell this separately in the future or use online passes.

PREVIEWS

To join the Official GTA V crew for PS3 and XBOX 360 Head over to this thread:

http://www.giantbomb.com/grand-theft-auto-v/3030-36765/forums/official-giant-bomb-gta-v-crews-360-ps3-1449012/#0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORGINAL POST.

Can you feel it ? GTA V is about to be unleashed!!

Today Rockstar has announced that it will unveil GTA online this Thursday

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51211/grand-theft-auto-online-gameplay-video-previews-coming-this-thur.html

"Look for the world premiere of the official GTA Online Gameplay Video as well as coverage of first press previews here at the Newswire and at rockstargames.com/GTAOnline – this Thursday, August 15th."

CVG Will have Exclusive information as they have an interview with Rockstar north president Leslie Benzies

I for one cannot wait!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

The official website has been launched. It is a travelogue of what to expect in los santos.

• Fast Cars at Your Fingertips: If you are ready to hit the highway in a sleek sports car or go off-roading in Blaine County in an SUV, avoid pushy salesmen and select from a stunning array of vehicular options online.
  • Thriving Economy & Commerce: Every day the stock exchange is minting millionaires who know how to play the market. Take your gains and invest in the volatile Los Santos commercial real estate market. To go big in this town, you just might need to buy a building.
  • Affordable Healthcare: Thanks to recent legislation, if you receive something as harmless as a scratch or as serious as a bullet wound, any of our state certified medical centers will patch you up and make sure the healthy bill is picked up by taxpayers.
  • Vehicular Customization Shops: Residents of Los Santos take great pride in their cars. They spend the majority of the day in them. When you're ready to trick out your ride, visit LS Customs, because nothing says class like neon.
  • Shopping & Glamour: Tourists come from far and wide for the experience of Los Santos shopping. From the well-tailored jet-setter couture in the high-street shops of Rockford Hills to the disheveled and disaffected drug addict hipster vibe in Hawick, there's a wide array of fashionable retail options for you.
  • Accessible Air Travel: A wide range of aircraft are available for your travel and aerial transport needs. Log onto ElitasTravel.com and purchase luxury aircraft from the Luxor and Shamal jetliners to high-end helicopters and more.
  • Leadership You Can Trust: You're arriving at quite an exciting time as our area is in the midst of the current gubernatorial race with Sue Murry running against conservative challenger and famous star of screen and TV, Jock Cranley.
  • Beaches & Watersports: Our coastal areas and beautiful lakes and rivers are a dream come true for those who crave aquatic adventure.
  • The Great Outdoors: Hunters and adventurers can find great sporting challenges across our vast Blaine County countryside. Bring a rifle to hunt for dangerous game, hike to the peak of the majestic Mount Chiliad, or hire a plane and parachute from on high.
  • Friendly Neighbours: The streets are alive with all kinds of characters who coordinate clothing colors and enjoy leisurely pursuits such as territory clashes and pharmaceutical commerce. Stop and chat with a member of The Epsilon Program for some enlightenment, or head to Blaine County, where they always extend a helping hand to outsiders.

More information on the travelogue will be revealed soon.

#2 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

This is gonna be good. Looking forward to the Leslie Benzies interview.

#3 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

Hyped.

#4 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

@dharmabum: It will be interesting to see what Benzies says about Grand theft auto.

#5 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

Updated with more information!

#6 Edited by Banshee (128 posts) -

12 New screenshots from the "Screens" section:

#7 Posted by MachoFantastico (4890 posts) -

I came for the radio stations, sadly not yet listed. Always one of my favorite things about GTA.

#8 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

@machofantastico: There is a Music and entertainment section which is grayed out saying "coming soon" so hope on Thursday they open up the rest of the sections.

#9 Edited by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

#10 Posted by Carlos1408 (1543 posts) -

Oh boy! I'm frackin' excited!!! By the way, I can't remember if this is being released on the PC on the same day as consoles or not. Anyone know?

#11 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

#12 Edited by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -
#13 Posted by Vanick (332 posts) -
#14 Posted by HoM3R (208 posts) -

First thing when I saw the car page and the speed with which the 3d models loaded (although completely unrelated) I thought "this is gonna look as good as the trailers and gonna run amazing on these consoles".
I was looking for the best price online and found it for 48 euro. But I almost feel bad paying 48euros for this compared to other games, I would gladly pay 150 and feel it justifies every penny.

#15 Posted by Banshee (128 posts) -
#16 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Have we seen any screenshots confirmed to be from the PS4 version?

#17 Posted by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -

@funkydupe: I don't think there's any evidence supporting the existence of a PS4 or Xbox One version.

#18 Posted by Banshee (128 posts) -

@funkydupe: No next gen, or PC version has been announced.

#19 Edited by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

@banshee: I love how rockstar always pay attention to detail in los santos. cant wait.

#20 Edited by Krullban (1062 posts) -

Rockstar just tweeted that the trailer will be at 10 AM eastern.

#21 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -
#22 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

Some 7AM GTA 5 is always good.

#23 Posted by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

Only 21 minutes to go.

#24 Posted by Happenstance (468 posts) -

Its a shame the Giant Bomb chat isnt left running all the time so we could use it during livestreams like this to talk while we're watching it.

#25 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

R* gonna blow my mind in 7 min?

#26 Posted by KrisVr (7 posts) -

Here we go!

#27 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

Its up!

#28 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

HOLY SHIT. THIS GAME !!!!!!!!!!

#29 Posted by Zornack (200 posts) -

I still have no idea how it will work.

#30 Posted by Happenstance (468 posts) -

Looking pretty impressive. Almost MMO-ish.

#31 Edited by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

@zornack said:

I can't wrap my head around it but it seems solid.

#32 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

@zornack said:

I can't wrap my head around it but it seems solid.

Solid is an understatement^^ It looks fantastic. I can not believe this is still current gen. WOW.

#33 Posted by StrainedEyes (1331 posts) -

If this is their launching pad to create an MMO for next gen consoles... I'd be okay with it.

#34 Posted by HoM3R (208 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world.

Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

This is posted under the video might want to add it because it explains more about the systems then the video does.

#35 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -
#36 Edited by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

In other news: the online part will not be available at launch. It will be downloadable on 1 Oct. That's not wierd at all, Rockstar. I wonder if it will kill the playerbase.

#37 Posted by KrisVr (7 posts) -

Wow, that's....hmmmm...yea not sure how this exactly works yet, but it's seems really awesome!

#38 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

@grissefar: Why would it? It is a almost a separate game. Done by another team just to assure the Rockstar quality. The first 2 weeks you play the SP and then when you finished it you play the other one. It is actually a pretty smart move^^

#39 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

FUCK NEXT GEN

#40 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

@grissefar: It is free with every retail copy of GTA V...FREE

#41 Posted by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

@darji said:

@grissefar: Why would it? It is a almost a separate game. Done by another team just to assure the Rockstar quality. The first 2 weeks you play the SP and then when you finished it you play the other one. It is actually a pretty smart move^^

Yeah, unbelievably smart move there. I can't believe other games don't do that. I just hope Call of Duty does it too, that would be really awesome.

#42 Edited by Darji (5293 posts) -

Say you're hanging out in your high-rise apartment enjoying the view down below. You spot a flurry of red and blue lights in the distance and decide to see what's going on. So you switch on your TV, tune into the news, and suddenly you're watching your friend fleeing from the police in real-time thanks to the news helicopter flying directly above him.

WTF HOW?!!!!!

#43 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

@grissefar: You can not compare normal multiplayer with this. This is basically an online GTA with missions, NPCs stuff like housing, garages, a full world just online and without the big story you get in the SP. Also a GTAV SP is normally much longer than a 4 hour COD campaign. Besides People play COD because of the MP not the SP.

#44 Edited by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -

WOW! My jaw is on the floor.

I think Rockstar is going to actually deliver on the promise of what APB should have been. I mean, this isn't explicitly an MMO, but I don't think that really matters if the jumping in and out is a seamless as it's being made out to be.

#45 Edited by PhilESkyline (784 posts) -

Nice move on Rockstar to release GTA Online two weeks later. This does three things.

1. Makes sure you actually play and maybe finish the single player.

2. Gives devs a little more time to polish the game.

3. Gives you a reason to keep the game longer and not trade it in or sell online.

I'm not mad at all Rockstar, smart decision.

#46 Posted by Bobstar (321 posts) -

@grissefar: Who would want to play the CoD singleplayer for 2 entire weeks?

You sure would in GTA V, and nobody would complain about it.

#47 Posted by moilebossu (11 posts) -

I think that GTA online is going to be a really good game :D

#48 Edited by kaos_cracker (710 posts) -

Looks insane. Can't wait.

#49 Edited by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Now all I need are some XBL friends and we're in business.

#50 Edited by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

Sounds like Forza 5, Stuff not shipping on Disk. Download that shit later.

I guess more polish or not meeting deadlines are reasons behind it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.