Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA V PC Delayed Again, April 14th

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It's crazy, but at this point, having waited this long without having played the game once, I'll deal with another month and take some solace that my first experience will be at the acceptable 60fps mark. (unless they fuck up the optimisation as they did with IV)

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

This is like when your dad is in town, it's your weekend with him, and he has been saying he's going to take you fishing but bails on you 3 times in a row.

No Caption Provided

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By emfromthesea

The heists aren't in the game? I thought they announced back in December that they were finally finished with them.

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thurbleton

as a person who will more then likely be running gta on lowest settings, yet wants a pc version for all the silly mods (like running around as the pillsbury dough boy punting cars), them delaying it to get 60 fps and amazing graphics for high end pc users is getting annoying... mostly because I expect someone will post a mod that is more optimized then whatever they could do

at this point I'm just assuming they will push it to June 23rd and the end of Q2....

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

*shrug* stinks for those who are waiting for the game but I had enough gta5 when it was first released

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander: I don't doubt the PC version will be amazing but the charm is kinda lost if you waited for almost two years just to play GTA5. It's not like this game desperately needs 60fps. You could make the argument on last-gen consoles when the 20-25fps when driving was noticable but 30 is just fine.

Now Red Dead on the hand, that one desperately needs a PC or current-gen release.

GeekMarty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has gone from the usual PC delays for economical reasons, to completely baffling and unknowable reasons.

I still like to think it's because of exactly what they said: optimization and polish. But I'm not holding my breath for a mostly bug free experience...

Wouldn't it be the best thing if an RDR port was included? *sigh*

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@geekmarty: I think the same, but what happened that made them underestimate how long it would take them to finish up the port? Lack of resources? Lay offs? Did something break while doing optimizations and they hadn't scheduled for that time? We will never know what happens behind the scenes. I wasn't suggesting anything nefarious is going on.

SJQPersonal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SJQPersonal

[Aug 15th, 2013]- Rockstar releases the 'Grand Theft Auto Online: Official Gameplay Video, touting "...You can run around on your own making friends and enemies. Or band together and form a crew. Then, tackle a heist, rob a liquor store, or compete in classic online modes."

[Nov 1st, 2013]- "Stay tuned as we hope to have more information with more details and specific timings on these content updates as well as on GTA Online Heists and the new GTA Online Capture the Flag mode to share with you next week."

[Dec 9th, 2013]- "GTA Online Heists. We know many of you in the GTA Online community are super excited for the debut of co-operative Heists. Heists are currently in development and we are working very hard to get them as polished and as fun as they can be. Stay tuned for much more detail in the New Year."

[Feb 11th 2014]- "We will also have more information soon for other forthcoming GTA Online content updates including the Dangerous Business Pack, Online Heists, an expansion to the Creator tool and lots more."

[Feb 27th 2014]- "And stay tuned for details about our upcoming Business Update Event Weekend as well as more info to be revealed on future updates including Online Heists, the Capture Creator update, new Assassination and Flight School missions for Story Mode and much more..."

[April 2nd 2014]- "Heists: Coming this spring to Grand Theft Auto Online, team up with your most trusted Crew members or with random other mercenaries in Grand Theft Auto Online to pull off cooperative Heist Missions for glory and profit."

[June 18th 2014]- "We know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated."

[Nov 12th 2014]- "And get ready for continuing free content Updates for Grand Theft Auto Online, including the highly-anticipated launch of Online Heists (which, to be absolutely clear, will be available for all four consoles to enjoy)."

[Nov 13th 2014]- "We know you’re all excited for more Updates to come and we’ve got some really exciting stuff in the works to continue adding to, expanding and evolving the world of Grand Theft Auto Online – including the highly anticipated launch of Online Heists which will be available for all four consoles as the first GTA Online Update to happen after the game launches on PS4 and Xbox One."

[Dec 16th 2014]- "Heists will be coming as a free update to Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC in early 2015."

[Dec 17th 2014]- "Heists were a much bigger challenge to create than we had originally anticipated. Early versions were simply not good enough and had to be scrapped more than once as we honed in on how we thought they should work. We’re happy to say that the pack we are now finalizing is something we are excited by and eager to release as soon as it is ready."

[Jan 13th 2015]- "Online Heists for consoles will be launching in the coming weeks ahead of the PC launch."

[Today, Feb 24th 2015]- "We are excited to announce that the launch of Heists for GTA Online is scheduled for March 10th."

I'm so fucking done with heists. Im a day one supporter because the single player was fun. The multiplayer was a platform for a year and seven months worth of bullshit lies.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The heists aren't in the game? I thought they announced back in December that they were finally finished with them.

They announced in December that heists would be in the next update. Today they revealed that update is apparently coming out March 10th.

Wallzii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've waited this long, so I'm not too concerned with having to wait a bit longer. I'd rather they take the time to release a polished port than have them rush it and fuck it up, à la GTA4.

Does anyone want to have to wait longer for something they are excited about? No, probably not, but I bet most people will forgive the time spent waiting if we are given a quality port.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They keep trying to release Heists but then some group of assholes keep showing up at Rockstar HQ and stealing them.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

At this point, I don't really care. I just hope it's released early enough so when I'm ready to play it the game will be on sale.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Meh. It's not like I have nothing else to play in the meantime. I don't mind waiting a little longer... I've waited this long, so what's a few more weeks?

ispeaknihongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that this game (which is now 1 1/2 years old) is going to be sold to PC users at full price is seriously unbelievable. To me this is either Rockstar not being able to plan correctly (likely), or they are looking at that sweet pre-order money and going "well what could a few more weeks hurt" (unlikely, but I worry).

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Meh. It's not like I have nothing else to play in the meantime. I don't mind waiting a little longer... I've waited this long, so what's a few more weeks?

But I have nothing else (good games) to play!

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its so they can shoe horn in the video editing tools ect, that would seriously piss me off if it was true, or they are doing this to push into the next financial quarter

But not to worry they are throwing another $200,000 online cash at us, which is awesome as it will save me about 2 hours of gameplay this way.

But seriously this is ridiculous, if they were at least going to add some in game content, a few weapons, or vehicles or some new strangers and freaks missions to the game as PC exclusive for being fucked around so long i might find it acceptable. Or red dead for PC.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Holy fuck, this still isn't out? Rockstar, quit developing multiplayer. Please.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eagerly awaiting the John Walker interview where he just absolutely tears into the Houser brothers for these delays, oh and also he diagnoses them with narcissistic personality disorder.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eh. I'm months away from buying a new processor and RAM in order to play it (again) anyway.

Take your time, Rockstar. I've still got plenty of Skyrim mods to go through.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Don't worry, it'll be a double-pack with Red Dead Redemption.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By mike

To me the bigger deal is that online heists still aren't in the game - they were a promised launch feature. It's been almost a year and a half.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly, after having played it on 360 and Xbox One, I can't muster any excitement at all for the PC version. I mean, it's a great game, but I think I'm completely burnt out on Las Santos and pretty much everything in that game.

If it has some crazy mods, and it's $20 on a Steam sale, maybe. I don't really have much confidence they'll make the online actually fun, even if Heist mode lives up to the hype.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Almost tempted to hook up my 360 again just to see the heists, but then I remember that my Gold ran out soo... I guess I'll just never see them.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

So PC to be upset. Played it on the on the 3 and 4 and was great. Consoles are dead.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA5 is a very complicated game, they took the game they finished and added to it for the re-release, now they have to take that modified complicated game and put it on a platform with near infinite hardware and software configurations.
    Good luck to em, i hope it's a brilliant version.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

To me the bigger deal is that online heists still aren't in the game - they were a promised launch feature. It's been almost a year and a half.

I remember how they used the online heists to advertise the game when it was first showed at E3.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has there been videos or screenshots of the pc version yet. now that i thinkin about this i don't know if i have seen any.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dezztroy said:
    @mb said:

I remember how they used the online heists to advertise the game when it was first showed at E3.

Yes, PC version was not even promised at the start but online heists were all over the pre-release hype material. At this point, I am not even sure if I could bother to check them out.

GeekMarty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GeekMarty

At this point, I am not even sure if I could bother to check them out.

I'm not too thrilled either, but that's because of the four player coop only (as far as I understood it). Why can't I play heists with only one or two buddies? I really don't like to play with randoms, you know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.