GTA V Release (possibly) leaked

#1 Edited by Twitchey (865 posts) -
http://imgur.com/SGqV7  
2/09/2012
(or 09/2/2012 I'm not sure) 

A release of February? That seems way too soon for a game like GTA in my opinion. Considering most of the trailer was CG I doubt it is anywhere near a release state.

Thoughts?
#2 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Swap the 9 and 2.

#3 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Its an estimate.

#4 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
@Barrock said:

Swap the 9 and 2.

Maybe it's me being American but I'm use to the day before the month. 
To be honest your guess seems a lot more likely to come true. 
#5 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -

awww man...thought this would be on the next round of consoles.  well still, this is just a guess.

#6 Edited by Zacagawea (1583 posts) -

I hope it comes out around then but then when you apply common sense...

@Barrock said:

Swap the 9 and 2.

#7 Posted by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -

@Twitchey said:

Considering most of the trailer was CG
#8 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

It'd be insane and cool if the game actually came out in February though.

#9 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -
@RockinKemosabe: Indeed. So I can pick up a Vita and GTAV ALL ON MY BIRTHDAY!? Liek omg, no wae.
#10 Posted by Loyal_Dragoon (118 posts) -

I'm betting on a late summer release at the earliest.

#11 Posted by benpicko (2000 posts) -

@Twitchey said:

http://imgur.com/SGqV7 2/09/2012(or 09/2/2012 I'm not sure) A release of February? That seems way too soon for a game like GTA in my opinion. Considering most of the trailer was CG I doubt it is anywhere near a release state. Thoughts?

Who said it was mostly CG?

#12 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@Twitchey: what makes you think the trailer was CGI?.... oh and that´s all in-game footage Rockstar did their job.

#13 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Twitchey said:

@Barrock said:

Swap the 9 and 2.

Maybe it's me being American but I'm use to the day before the month. To be honest your guess seems a lot more likely to come true.

I'm American as well, but the $ sign hints that they might do the date the other way around there.

#14 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

a game that's announced and then very quickly comes out is the sign of a bad game.

#15 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -

@Twitchey said:

Considering most of the trailer was CG I doubt it is anywhere near a release state.

What.

#16 Posted by Lucien_Lachance (207 posts) -

Considering their PR cycles for LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption, and that GTA IV came out in April, I wouldn't be surprised about an early 2012 release.

#17 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10502 posts) -

September seems possible, but no way it's February.

Also, that was all in engine. Don't be stupid. RockStar never puts out pre-rendered footage. Also, that footage didn't look pre-rendered at all. Have you seen any pre-rendered footage from a game in the last few years? It looks way better than that stuff.

#18 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

a game that's announced and then very quickly comes out is the sign of a bad game.

It shouldn't be. I wish more studios would do that.

#19 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

How could you possibly think that was a CGI trailer?

For reference, this is a CGI trailer:

Edit: And the image you supply is from an online retailer I presume? They have to apply some sort of release date so they can take pre-orders. I wouldn't place any kind of confidence in it.

#20 Posted by LDawg (18 posts) -

Those dates are just placeholders for webshops. They can't propably leave the field blank, so fill in just a random date. I've seen other webshops with other dates.

No way that GTA 5 releases this february, it will take at least another 10 months.

#21 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

@captain_clayman said:

awww man...thought this would be on the next round of consoles. well still, this is just a guess.

Actually Im thinking this will be the last GTA for current consoles and will start of the next gen with a bang...Vice City.

#22 Posted by Rowr (5481 posts) -

I'm concerned that no-one in this thread knows what the fuck is going on.

#23 Edited by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

It'll be out at the end of a Rockstar fiscal quarter. Likely either mid-late October or late April/early May. As for the year, 2013.

I wonder if Agent got shitcanned. Jack Tretton basically said it's not a PS3 exclusive anymore to Geoff Keighley during E3, but that might mean cancellation. I certainly hope not.

#24 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

That's 02/09, as in the 2nd of September. 

#25 Posted by Stingraymond (85 posts) -

Uhh... yeah, swap the 9 and 2 as people have said, dumbass. The site is obviously UK-based since the pricing is in pounds so they don't use our frankly dumb date method.

#26 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Did anyone else misread the title and think the game itself had been leaked?

I can't imagine it would come out in February but who knows? If anyone could pull it off, Rockstar would be one of my choices.

#27 Posted by Xanadu (297 posts) -

@Twitchey said:

http://imgur.com/SGqV7 2/09/2012(or 09/2/2012 I'm not sure) A release of February? That seems way too soon for a game like GTA in my opinion. Considering most of the trailer was CG I doubt it is anywhere near a release state. Thoughts?

When has Rockstar ever put out a trailer that was mostly CG? The answer is never btw...

#28 Posted by mastrbiggy (229 posts) -

i saw no cgi

#29 Posted by The_LMFAO_Guy (192 posts) -

None of the GTA games have ever used CGI for cut-scenes and trailers. Hell, GTA 2 had a live-action intro.

#30 Posted by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

hey if its 9/2 wii u release is more then possible! at least one new console gets it ,

if they do ,

it be really smart for rockstar to work on the wii u with gta v ,

get some people interisted in the new platform already ,

a 3 way launch also would be good more the marrier ,

but i doubt that is the actual date, ,

ill wait for an official statement , but remember gta iv was delayed a few times in its cycle , so even then im skeptical

#31 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@Twitchey said:

Considering most of the trailer was CG I doubt it is anywhere near a release state.

I don't even...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.