GTA V Trailer Countdown and Discussion

• 56 results
#51 Edited by Aegon (5831 posts) -

To be honest I found it to be a little "meh". Maybe it was watching it in 360p. The character seemed really generic though. Even more so than Niko. 

#52 Posted by kishinfoulux (2513 posts) -

I'm letdown though I'm sure the game will still be fun.

#53 Posted by Brake (1128 posts) -

Huh, that's weird. It looks pretty cool and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but nothing about that trailer really grabbed me. I'm not really even sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't blow me away.

#54 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (676 posts) -

Yo, this looks like a GTA-ass GTA game.

#55 Posted by Aegon (5831 posts) -

I will say this though, the music is effin sick! It's already stuck in my head. Me thinks a great new Sound Track is headed our way. 

#56 Posted by Aegon (5831 posts) -

Kind of got obsessed and did this:  

#57 Posted by bwmcmaste (862 posts) -

@BongChilla said:

I always thought an alternate history theme would be cool, they need to keep it in the US though, would be weird to have it in another country. Setting it in Chicago during Al Capone's time would be pretty interesting as well. Haven't seen a lot of games set during that time (that I'm aware of).

Mafia and Mafia II came pretty close. The problem with alternate histories is that it takes away from the kind of satire - relevant, current, and absurd - that the Housers like to do.

How cool would it be to set the game off during a prison break? The protagonist needs to escape prison than re enter a life of crime.

They actually made a Grand Theft Auto game with exactly that storyline:

Grand Theft Auto III [PS2-GH]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.