Help me update this!
You will play as three different characters:
- Michael, a retired, well-off bank robber who gets sucked back into the game. Early 40s. Got money.
- Trevor, a true criminal element, angry and unapologetic. Early 40s. Sounds broke.
- Franklin, a young man looking to make it big. Early 20s. Sounds really broke.
How does it work?
- You switch between the three via a radial menu.
- It also sounds like some of the switching is more dynamic: cinematics in Max Payne 3 are referenced.
- Certain plot missions are tied to certain characters.
- At most points in the game you can jump between the three on the fly; they live in different zones, whether these zones are locked one from the other is unknown.
- In some missions you play as all three, jumping between them at the press of a button. Example: be the driver, the guy shooting out the window, or the guy on the roof watching it all.
- Basically it's unclear whether you play as all 3 when the game decides or if you could individually bring them to the same street for a shootout, for example. In missions it sounds like AI takes over for you as you switch. But how will that work outside of missions?
- It's unknown how the three meet.
- Each of the three "has a unique skillset," though it's unclear how that translates to gameplay.
- Different characters will be used to leverage different tones/mission styles (ex: Trevor's are probably more violent).
- You can swim. In fact you can scuba dive.
- You can play tennis, play (a full game of) golf, go to clubs, etc.
- Some hobbies may be unique to some characters (they're still working on it).
- Base jumping.
- No San Andreas style get fatter/thinner.
- Buy clothes. Sounds like old GTAs.
- No romance options.
- Some friend options to replace said romance options.
- No property management.
- There will be a reason to spend lots of dough in the late game.
- You can give people the finger (maybe some other gestures too?)
- Driving is described as an arcade racing game, vs the heavy cars of GTAIV.
- Standard statements about Melee/Shooting systems being the best yet.
- There will be RDR style random events/quests.
- You can grab gascans, pour the gas out dynamically, and light it. I think.
- Heist missions will feature more prominently. Sounds like there could be some planning involved?
- You can drop the top of some cars (not sure if that's been in the series before).
- Again: skillsets. No clue what this means but it's reiterated a lot in the article: certain characters can do certain things, but what those are are unknown, though it's mentioned that Trevor has experience as a pilot, so maybe only he can fly planes?
- (including exterior and interior spaces) Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTAIV combined.
- Bikes (motorized and otherwise), jet skis, planes and ATVs feature.