Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Heists announced for March 10th

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Rockstar announced an update containing heists for GTA Online will be released on March 10th. What are you guys hoping these will be (more open than the campaign ones or of those ilk)? Is it too little too late? Will this bring you back to the online?

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I think I played the online for about 2 hours back at launch, and never touched it again. It was actually really entertaining once you figured out you could hold down the emote button and have two middle fingers up at all times. Just me and two other duders walking around the city flipping everyone off. That's six birds if you count em'. Six! Again, though, that was fun for about 2-3 hours, and that's about it.

Heists sounds like you will have to engage with the shooting quite a bit, which I thought was by far the weakest aspect of GTAV (played it back in September 2013, beat, enjoyed it). I never played the multiplayer much, like I said, but the last thing I'd want to do is add latency to the already kinda bad shooting.

Honestly, heists aren't really the thing to get people playing multiplayer. The multiplayer is at its best when it's just random fuckery, not really caring what happens, just grabbing a few pals and fucking around in the open world. You add structure and limitations to the online, and it becomes wholly uninteresting. The shooting is just not fun to engage with, that's the main problem. If GTAV had Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics, I'd definitely be interested in jumping in and trying out heists. Hell, if the shooting was like MP3, I'd have played a lot more of this game back in 2013.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope heists don't have much shooting in them, they are called heists for a reason and not bloodbath massacres. I can't wait to plan heists with a bunch of friends and see if we can pull it off.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By xanadu

You wanna know when I think heists are coming out?

No Caption Provided

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I'll probably give them a shot. I mean, I got a level 100 character, I might as well put that rocket launcher to use.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Meh. Sold my copy a year ago.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I stopped giving a shit like a year ago or more. I played a ton of the multiplayer with friends, but no one plays it anymore. They're way, way too late with this.

Hyperglide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lol obviously you guys aren't members of GTAForums if you think "no one gives a shit about this." It's a big deal. Probably going to be one of the best DLC's of the year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.