here we go...the issue!!!

#1 Posted by jimmyfenix (3811 posts) -

some duder over at gamefaqs made image versions of the game informer issue and boy howdy its some intresting stuff!

http://fast1195.imgur.com/grand_theft_auto_5_gi_reveal

#2 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

This shit be illegal son. Keep this on the down low.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Link?

#4 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
#5 Posted by jimmyfenix (3811 posts) -
#6 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Uh... That was actually kind of boring. I was expecting new information about the crazy shit I was gonna do, you know, a little gameplay talk. All they talk about is the characters and setting..

Also they didn't ask about the PC :(

#7 Posted by Chaser324 (6263 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Uh... That was actually kind of boring. I was expecting new information about the crazy shit I was gonna do, you know, a little gameplay talk. All they talk about is the characters and setting..

Um...they definitely talk a lot about the characters and setting, but there's a lot of gameplay talk in there too. They aren't going to spill everything right now, they've still got at least six months to continue a steady stream of info.

Also, how has a mod not pulled this down yet? Scans aren't allowed.

#8 Posted by BBQBram (2199 posts) -

I have already done my creative information acquiring somewhere else. I don't think it flies here. Fucking stoked for the game, Rockstar's tone this gen has just been nothing but perfect to me.

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Glancing at the descriptions, all of the main characters seem kinda sleazy... Don't know how I feel about that. I liked that Niko was someone who wanted to redeem himself and forget his past.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21204 posts) -

I definitely like how at least one character is in a comfortable position; no more starting from scratch with fuck all. Plus seeing that Michael has a family that he'll interact with sounds neat. I can already envision tutorial missions where you gotta do some chores for the family; pick up the laundry/groceries or something like that.

#11 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Just read it and man am I excited. The whole switching things sounds new and exciting. I trust Rockstar more than any developer so this will be well worth the wait.

#12 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Trevor seems great! I'm excited.

#13 Posted by StayPuftGiant (14 posts) -

@FourWude said:

This shit be illegal son. Keep this on the down low.

I automatically read this in a deep jive voice and I laughed heartily.

#14 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Um...they definitely talk a lot about the characters and setting, but there's a lot of gameplay talk in there too. They aren't going to spill everything right now, they've still got at least six months to continue a steady stream of info.

Also, how has a mod not pulled this down yet? Scans aren't allowed.

That's only for the wiki, is it not?

#15 Posted by Chaser324 (6263 posts) -

@CL60: Yes, MB confirmed that. Links to scans are apparently fine.

#16 Edited by DeF (4776 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Just read it and man am I excited. The whole switching things sounds new and exciting. I trust Rockstar more than any developer so this will be well worth the wait.

What's so funny to me is that I was just listening to an old Idle Thumbs podcast from 2009 where they talked about how they think GTA would be better with smaller contained character stories, possibly multiple ones. Now there's this. :D

#17 Posted by SargeGulp (237 posts) -

I know I'll be in the minority here, but this sounds boring. GTA is fun when it's silly and Tommy Vercetti was a more empathetic character than Neko ever was.

#18 Posted by jerseyscum (861 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

Trevor seems great! I'm excited.

Ex-military psycho who looks like he just walked straight out of a meth lab? Sign me up.

I really try not to get hyped over Game Informer articles, but this is the exception to the rule.

#19 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

These characters are such a turn-off.

#20 Posted by MiniPato (2714 posts) -

@project343 said:

These characters are such a turn-off.

Yeah, a female character would turn me on way more.

#21 Edited by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

I definitely like how at least one character is in a comfortable position; no more starting from scratch with fuck all. Plus seeing that Michael has a family that he'll interact with sounds neat. I can already envision tutorial missions where you gotta do some chores for the family; pick up the laundry/groceries or something like that.

while we're at it, make it Yakuza 3 style and find out who stole money from so and so's purse/pocket and resolve family arguments. although i guess a Grand Theft Auto argument would leave somebody with a bullet in the head instead of running to the beach crying

#22 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I'm honestly kinda meh on the characters, this is Rockstar so the game will probably end up being really cool and the characters interesting but they just seem slightly crime-story generic.

#23 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (579 posts) -

I have confidence in Rockstar...I think everyone felt wary about Niko at first, especially coming off a character like CJ, but in the end he became one of the most memorable characters of this console generation.

#24 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@SargeGulp said:

I know I'll be in the minority here, but this sounds boring. GTA is fun when it's silly and Tommy Vercetti was a more empathetic character than Neko ever was.

That's because he was playing Tony Montana A.K.A Scarface, the characters from IV ( Packie, Brucie, Tony) had a lot of personality more than any of the GTA III era characters , some of the characters in San Andreas were great but only a few where charming or endearing.

#25 Posted by Rebel_Scum (620 posts) -

I reckon its a pretty gnarly angle. Three characters that at certain points you can switch between.

#26 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I don't understand these magazine exclusivity deals, are they actually making much money from doing this?

Do they think I'm going to buy their stupid magazine instead of waiting for the scans a few hours later? Truly an outdated medium, even more so for gaming.

#27 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

Great, thanks for this.

#28 Edited by Chaser324 (6263 posts) -

@Sooty: Actually, I did buy the digital issue because I wanted it immediately, but you're right.

As you said, the magazine and newspaper are on the way out. When it comes to up to the minute coverage, they just can't compete with the internet, and when they do get exclusives, that exclusivity lasts for literally just seconds before people start disseminating that info over Twitter and other outlets.

#29 Posted by linkinpark (5 posts) -

wait for this game .........

#30 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

Roll on May....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.