Hippy girl random encounter

#1 Posted by pyrodactyl (1893 posts) -

So I got this random encounter with this girl looking for a ride to the radio station behind the vinewood sign.

I just want to know if any of you did that side mission and if it endded differently for you:

When I got to the radio tower, her boyfriend assaulted me. I punched him until he was KO and the girl ran off. The End. Is there some way to get anything out of that mission or is just a weird little side story? Maybe it's a mutli step encounter and I didn't get the next one yet...

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: I think I found the same girl as you or well there was a girl that wanted to go to the vinewood sign and I ended up taking her to the cult in the mountains

#3 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2593 posts) -

So I got this random encounter with this girl looking for a ride to the radio station behind the vinewood sign.

I just want to know if any of you did that side mission and if it endded differently for you:

I read the spoiler...there are...err shall we say many random encounters like that. They are straight out of Red Dead's playbook. I can't say that they don't add an interesting element to random encounters. I don't want to give anything away, but some random encounters get you a TON of money, some get you characters for heists, and some get you less nice things. My guess is the bad encounters are there to make sure you don't just stop for everything.

#4 Posted by Microshock (341 posts) -

I got that random encounter and nothing has happened from it yet.

#5 Posted by Pixeldemon (244 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: I had the same outcome. I was hoping it would get me some kind of contact related to the radio tower, but I just knocked out the security guard and she ran off.

#6 Posted by OldManLight (828 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: ended differently for me because when i did it...

Spoiler: it was during the period when michael and trevor had been "exiled" from LS after kidnapping Martin Madrazo's wife and when i got close to the city, i was attacked by a death squad.

#7 Posted by SuperCycle (332 posts) -

Yeah it ended differently for me, I took her to the cult in the mountains and got a thousand dollars.

#8 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

@pyrodactyl: I think I found the same girl as you or well there was a girl that wanted to go to the vinewood sign and I ended up taking her to the cult in the mountains

I did something similar, but to a couple in Sandy Shores. Ahah

#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (2918 posts) -

When I got to the radio tower, her boyfriend assaulted me. I punched him until he was KO and the girl ran off. The End. Is there some way to get anything out of that mission or is just a weird little side story? Maybe it's a mutli step encounter and I didn't get the next one yet...

I played that bit as well, and it was just a random event. You get a bunch of them while playing the game.

You could have also dropped her off at a cult for money (which is something only trevor can do when he picks up random passengers)

Though, I just played a random event where a crazy lady talking about her dead mom/wanting a 'gentleman caller' gave me her number (which was stored in my cell phone). Havent called her yet, so maybe some of the random events can go further!

#10 Posted by Daiphyer (1320 posts) -

I did it with Trevor when the O'Niel brothers had rolled back into town, and when I got close to the cult, I got attacked and the girl got out and ran away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.