Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

How are You Gonna Buy GTA V?

• 81 results
    RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Poll How are You Gonna Buy GTA V? (297 votes)

Old Fashioned: Gonna pick up a Physical copy at a brick and mortar store 32%
    Getting my Physical copy from an online retailer (amazon, etc) 33%
    I'm a trendsetter: Getting my copy Digital (PSN/XBL) 11%
    Waiting for the PC release 12%
    Other?? 5%
    RESULTS BABY 5%

Question speaks for itself. I, personally, am getting mine from amazon (and those bastards better get it to me in a timely fashion).

• 
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

If I buy it its going to be on PS3 on a motherfuggin disc. Not opposed to digital but I just dont' have the HDD space on my PS3 to spare.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jimmyfenix

Don`t fail me amazon.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killerfridge

Ordered it from amazon. If it arrives early like the last two things I preordered have, I will be so stoked.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 5Figh

ordered it for release day delivery from tescos

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ordered it from amazon. If it arrives early like the last two things I preordered have, I will be so stoked.

What kind of shipping did you choose? For some reason, there's no release day delivery option for the special edition, so I just chose 2 day delivery... Just to be safe

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6 chaser324  Moderator

I pre-ordered it on Amazon back in April.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By a_e_martin

I've got a pre-order in, which I might pick up at midnight, though I've been thinking about swinging towards a PSN digital download instead. If the pre-load is up for download tomorrow as it's supposed to be, and I can find out what time the game is supposed to unlock in Europe, I'll probably go for digital.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have it pre ordered from Amazon. But if there is a pre load for US PSN I might do that and cancel the disc copy.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sterling

I have it pre ordered from Amazon. But if there is a pre load for US PSN I might do that and cancel the disc copy.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By probablytuna

Gonna see if I can get a preorder tomorrow morning and hopefully pick it up on the day it's released.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I will buy it on PC when it's considerably cheaper. I am not in the mood for an open world game at the moment no matter how good it is. Still think it will be great, though.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nekroskop

Just a warning for people who don't want to be spoiled on the net:

The game is currently being ripped and on it's way to torrent sites. Just stay away from imageboards and reddit for a few days if you want your ass unspoiled.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going into Walmart to pick up my reserve because I'm a shitty person.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the Collector's Edition pre-ordered at Gamestop up the road. Midnight launch, motherfucker.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Missacre

I'm getting the PC version. I'm a pretty patient person, so I can wait the 6 months or so it'll take to get released.

liamflannery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In honour of GTA, I am going to steal it. ;)

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got $15 in rewards at Best Buy, so i'll be picking it up there.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ThePickle

Amazon pre order.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

It will be faster for me to walk into a store and go home and install it rather than downloading it since the store is across the street.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon, but no early postage. They're despatching it on the 16th....

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It will be faster for me to walk into a store and go home and install it rather than downloading it since the store is across the street.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

PSN! Between the ease of that, the fact that I only have a 20 gig HD on Xbox with a small amount of space left (and I could clear out more... but that'd be pain), and that I'm not paying for LIVE anymore and want to play GTA: Online, PS3 was the choice. Even tho I'll miss the Xbox controller it's all good.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own a PS3 and I don't mind it, I got no hate for consoles, but I just can't play this new massive-ass GTA on that weak slow thing. And I don't enjoy GTA if I'm not aiming at heads and kneecaps with the mouse.

I'm really trying to get out of my PC mentality and get this sucker on the PS3 next week, but I know it's gonna suck IMO. I need to wait for the fucking PC release :(

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon, but no early postage. They're despatching it on the 16th....

How do you know that's when they're dispatching it?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@officegamer said:

I own a PS3 and I don't mind it, I got no hate for consoles, but I just can't play this new massive-ass GTA on that weak slow thing. And I don't enjoy GTA if I'm not aiming at heads and kneecaps with the mouse.

I'm really trying to get out of my PC mentality and get this sucker on the PS3 next week, but I know it's gonna suck IMO. I need to wait for the fucking PC release :(

If you're a big enough fan, just wait, assuming you can buy it on PC later and get some DLC plus the online on there.

GTA and Rockstar products are great enough for me that I don't mind double dipping.

But this is speaking from someone who could never wait. GTA is too great and too much of an event.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of the gameplay that has leaked yesterday tells a different story. The game looks great and runs smoothly on consoles. They've only been working on this thing for over 5 years and dumped 100's of millions of dollars into it. Honestly, their PC track record is much worse than their console one.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

They'll announce the PC version soon you guys...it's nbd that my 360 and ps3 broke, really...

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@greggd said:

Got the Collector's Edition pre-ordered at Gamestop up the road. Midnight launch, motherfucker.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preordered off of PSN. Based on my past downloads, this should be long done by the time I get home from work on Tuesday,

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Yeah I'm gonna wait and I got no problem with waiting, I got enough games on my plate. I no longer care about the hype, nothing got me more broke in the past (and angry about impulse and bandwagonning decisions) than buying a game because it's an event. I spend minimally on games nowadays, don't double dip and make damn sure I'm gonna enjoy a game before I buy it.

But I really hope you enjoy it next week duder :) And I hope the PC version will be great for both of us.

@officegamer All of the gameplay that has leaked yesterday tells a different story. The game looks great and runs smoothly on consoles. They've only been working on this thing for over 5 years and dumped 100's of millions of dollars into it. Honestly, their PC track record is much worse than their console one.

There's no way to respond to you without being perceived as an "elitist," so I'll just say it straight up: It's not about how well it runs on the console, because regardless of how well it runs, it will still load slower and look worse than the PC experience I've come to naturally expect.

Not to mention that mouse control is, to me, essential for the GTA experience. I swear I'd re-consider if I could easily plug my MKB into the PS3, but alas, that isn't the case.

Literally every Rockstar game I've played on PC ran fine for me, and what's even more awesome is that their track record no longer matters because Max Payne 3, the game whose engine GTA V shares, was extremely PC-friendly.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With my butt.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34 MattyFTM  Moderator

Physical is significantly cheaper than digital, and on top of that I work for a brick and mortar store and will get an extra 10% off. That makes my decision super easy.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm not.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I'm not. I'll wait for the inevitable PS4 version.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I'm getting it with money?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

I will just buy it from a Target; They are bound to have some on release day.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight cash, homie.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

For $5 on Steam in 3 years.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DharmaBum

Wal-Mart, because last time I went to a GameStop midnight launch it was a shitshow.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Not buying GTA V. Well might when it gets cheaper. Fool me once (GTA 4), shame on you, fool me twice (RDR), well I better stop buying into the hype. Great games but a slog to finish and I don't have the time.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dalai

@arbitrarywater said:

For $5 on Steam in 3 years.

I think we have our winner.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Yeah I'm gonna wait and I got no problem with waiting, I got enough games on my plate. I no longer care about the hype, nothing got me more broke in the past (and angry about impulse and bandwagonning decisions) than buying a game because it's an event. I spend minimally on games nowadays, don't double dip and make damn sure I'm gonna enjoy a game before I buy it.

But I really hope you enjoy it next week duder :) And I hope the PC version will be great for both of us.

@naru_joe93 said:

@officegamer All of the gameplay that has leaked yesterday tells a different story. The game looks great and runs smoothly on consoles. They've only been working on this thing for over 5 years and dumped 100's of millions of dollars into it. Honestly, their PC track record is much worse than their console one.

There's no way to respond to you without being perceived as an "elitist," so I'll just say it straight up: It's not about how well it runs on the console, because regardless of how well it runs, it will still load slower and look worse than the PC experience I've come to naturally expect.

Not to mention that mouse control is, to me, essential for the GTA experience. I swear I'd re-consider if I could easily plug my MKB into the PS3, but alas, that isn't the case.

Literally every Rockstar game I've played on PC ran fine for me, and what's even more awesome is that their track record no longer matters because Max Payne 3, the game whose engine GTA V shares, was extremely PC-friendly.

That "mouse is essential to the gta experience" had me in stitches. Which GTA game are you talking about? Maybe 4 controlled well with a mouse, but all of the others controlled like complete shit with a mouse and keyboard. Try flying a friggin plane in san andreas with a keyboard, and get back to me

And a PC release isnt even announced yet, stop assuming like it's a fact set in stone. It's alright to remain cautiously optimistic, but people just flat out acting like it's already confirmed is really getting on my nerves. I'd be surprised if it was even in development yet.

Also, every game since the table tennis thing they did has run off of the same engine (rage with euphoria physics). Max Payne 3 WAS NOT the first game to use that engine. And even if they run off of the most current form of that engine, Max Payne 3 is a linear 3rd person shooter while GTAV is a massive open world game. Apples to oranges.

Also, Max Payne 3 was designed around the PC (because rockstar felt that's where the legacy of that series lies). GTAV, on the other hand, is built around consoles (because that's where the legacy of GTA lies). So if they were to port it, it's quality on PC would depend on whether or not they put in the effort to make it quality (or not). Saying their overall track record doesnt matter because of one game is pretty naive of you...

Though, if I'm wrong, I'll gladly accept you coming back to this comment and rubbing it in my face.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wallmart at midnight homie.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RonGalaxy

Wallmart at midnight homie.

Dude, I never thought of it, but pre ordering shit at walmart must be fucking AWESOME. Roll in at 12 o'clock, pick up your pre order, some root beer (or beverage of choice) and some snacks. If I lived closer to a walmart, I'd pre order there all the time. Honestly, if I was walking distance from a walmart I'd LIVE there.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jdh5153

Traded in 16 games for $95 today (30% extra trade in value toward GTA V +10% for being a rewards member). I only really play a handful of games so they really had no value for me. Paid for GTA V and got Red Dead Redemption and a $20 Steam card. I don't know why the picture is sideways, it's right way up on my desktop.

No Caption Provided

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Preordered at shopto.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.