How realistic is GTA V?

#1 Posted by flameboy298 (63 posts) -

How realistic is GTA V really?Because I mean GTA IV felt so real the city felt alive and everyone seemed like they were doing something.I dont have a console so yeah

#2 Edited by Cramsy (1164 posts) -

It's a very lively and colourful world to hang out in, like GTA IV

#3 Posted by ILikePopCans (746 posts) -

My life is like a GTA game

#4 Posted by Rafaelfc (1317 posts) -

It's like playing a documentary.

#5 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

As realistic as a video game can get it: It isn't.

#6 Edited by Brodehouse (9640 posts) -

It does not feel realistic, but moments on the street feel evocative and organic.

#7 Edited by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

when you shoot stuff it dies or explodes usually

#8 Edited by Sammo21 (3215 posts) -

I will say it does a better job of handling pedestrian dialogue. That was always the thing that annoyed the piss out of me in any open world game was how every single person walking around just yells the dumbest stuff for no reason at all and it repeats. GTA V does a better job of this. You get away with a lot more violent crime before the cops are "called" and in general you can kill tons of people before there are any consequences.

#9 Posted by development (2106 posts) -

Well, I guess if those are the things you're going by, then yes it's totally better in all those regards.

#10 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

It's pretty much the same as my everyday life

#11 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2990 posts) -

It feels alive.

A-LIIIVEE!

#12 Posted by TruthTellah (8573 posts) -
#13 Edited by bigjeffrey (4809 posts) -

I actually felt like i was walking around in LA. It fucking blew my mind and i had to throw my xbox out the window and piss on it.

#14 Posted by Vladd (53 posts) -

Haha hilarious comments.

I think it's the small details that makes it "realistic".

If you have a supercar parked and you standing by it, NPC's will actually ask you if they can take a photo of the car.
If you drive around in it, people will take pictures of it.

Plus the cars are so well done the game feels like a tribute to cars.

I like cars ;).

#15 Edited by Counterclockwork87 (613 posts) -

How realistic is GTA V really?Because I mean GTA IV felt so real the city felt alive and everyone seemed like they were doing something.I dont have a console so yeah

Short answer, yes, just as realistic as GTA IV, and by far the most real feeling open world game.

#16 Posted by believer258 (11682 posts) -

@cramsy said:

It's a very lively and colourful world to hang out in, like GTA IV

We must have played different GTA IV's. That game was gray and brown incarnate.

GTA V is vastly superior in that regard.

@sooty said:

As realistic as a video game can get it: It isn't.

I think he might be talking about aesthetics, and GTA V does look fairly realistic. It's impressive that this game is on a console.

In terms of the things you do, it's not realistic at all. You smoke pot and then start shooting aliens. You later get a funny drink from Michael's son and then skydive in your underwear out of an alien spaceship.

Franklin can slow down time and turn cars on a di... man, that fucking sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.