Kind of cool that.. - MAJOR SPOILERS!

#1 Edited by Krullban (1062 posts) -

Seriously, do not open if you are somebody who cares about being spoiled. SERIOUSLY.

Kind of cool that Trevor kills Johnny near the beginning of the game. Rockstar kind of lied about the universes all being separate though.

#2 Edited by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

I don't think Rockstar ever said anything about GTA IV and V being in separate universes. As far as I know, they've only ever stated that the games in this generation don't exist in the same universe as the PS2 era games.

#3 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

Oh really? I thought they said every game was a separate universe, this was the only spoiler I've read(heard rather, through the audio), maybe there will be more appearances.

#4 Posted by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

Yeah, I thought about just tracking down that game audio and listening to all of it to go ahead and get all the spoiling done. With all of this info leaking out this early, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I start getting spoilers PM'd directly to me. One of the many downsides of being a video game forum moderator.

#5 Edited by Abendlaender (2867 posts) -
@krullban said:

Oh really? I thought they said every game was a separate universe, this was the only spoiler I've read(heard rather, through the audio), maybe there will be more appearances.

Who is Johnny?

I played every GTA game but I don't remember that character

Also Claude (from GTA 3) shows up in San Andreas, albeit just for a few seconds in a cutscene

I don't actually think any of this is a spoiler, but I don't want to ruin a game for somebody^^

#6 Edited by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@abendlaender said:
@krullban said:

Who is Johnny?

I played every GTA game but I don't remember that character

Also Claude (from GTA 3) shows up in San Andreas, albeit just for a few seconds in a cutscene

I don't actually think any of this is a spoiler, but I don't want to ruin a game for somebody^^

Johnny is the character from Lost and the Damned. Shows up once or twice in the main game too.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@abendlaender: The PS2-era GTA titles were all confirmed to exist in the same universe, but at different periods of time.

#8 Edited by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

No. It's definitely a pretty big spoiler. Plenty of people would be pretty upset about having the surprise ruined for them.

#9 Posted by Abendlaender (2867 posts) -

@chaser324 said:

@abendlaender said:

No. It's definitely a pretty big spoiler. Plenty of people would be pretty upset about having the surprise ruined for them.

Oh no, I know that. I meant most of the stuff I put in a spoiler block ;)

#10 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2568 posts) -

Where are you getting this information?

#11 Edited by Yummylee (22297 posts) -

Oh, the temptation...

#12 Edited by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

@turtlebird95: Due to some PSN mishap, some people were already able to preload the game on PS3, and a lot of the audio from the game has been extracted from it and circulated around the internet.

#13 Edited by Krullban (1062 posts) -

Where are you getting this information?

The entire games audio leaked.

#14 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2568 posts) -

@krullban: @chaser324: Ah, I see. Can't even begin to imagine how angry Rockstar and Take Two must be.

#15 Posted by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

@turtlebird95: Oh yeah, they must be freaking livid. Apparently they're already proactively contacting people like Twitch to make sure they quickly kill any streams that pop up if/when people figure out how to access more than just the audio.

#16 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

The thing I'm talking about is in the second trailer apparently.

The guy that Trevor is stomping is Johnny.

#17 Edited by AlecOfTheWest (290 posts) -

GODDAMIT! I'd done well to avoid the leaks, but my curiousity got the better of me.

#18 Posted by KrypticKiller (191 posts) -

Was this leak Rockstar or Sony's fault? Or was it just some dude(s) who thought it would be cool to dig around and leak information from pre-load files? If it is the fault of some morons, it's no wonder why game companies don't want to let people pre-load their titles.

Also, when I see click to reveal spoilers I just can't help myself. It's kind of a problem.

#19 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Sony has come out and apologized because it was their fault.

#20 Edited by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

@kryptickiller said:

Was this leak Rockstar or Sony's fault? Or was it just some dude(s) who thought it would be cool to dig around and leak information from pre-load files? If it is the fault of some morons, it's no wonder why game companies don't want to let people pre-load their titles.

Well, I don't think there's really a problem if it's done in the right time frame (probably no more than one week prior to launch) with an adequate amount of encryption. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case here. Sony totally screwed up and made the download available far too early and without proper encryption on everything. Fingers crossed that they'll be able to regain the trust of publishers and developers so that this doesn't screw up the future of day one digital releases and wider preload availability.

#21 Posted by cloudnineboya (845 posts) -

Go on click, you know you want to, stop it, no i can't i must resist the temptation, but think of all the glorious secrets you are missing out on, Go on you know you want to, Smashes keyboard over head leaves thread in a rage.

#23 Posted by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

@cloudnineboya: Yeah, just do yourself a favor and don't read it. I imagine this will be a pretty pleasant surprise for most people...followed by a subsequently less pleasant surprise.

#24 Posted by cloudnineboya (845 posts) -

@chaser324: Oh you are just rubbing it in now, you....you. Its all cool, not going to look i cut all my fingers off just to make sure.

#25 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@chaser324: Oh you are just rubbing it in now, you....you. Its all cool, not going to look i cut all my fingers off just to make sure.

Yeah, people will be like. "YES!" but then they'll be like "NO!"

#26 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

Sony has come out and apologized because it was their fault.

Yeah, Rockstar must be angry at them.

#27 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

I don't understand why people blame the leak on sony.

Did they release the pre-load a bit early? Sure but they didn't have to allow it to be pre-loaded at all. Allowing people to pre-load what is probably the most anticipated game of the year/end of the generation is nothing short of generous.

Then some hacker(s) go and start tinkering with stuff they have no business to and then it's sony's fault for releasing too early/not having a better encryption? A clear example of the few fucking shit up for the many.

This is why we can't have nice things

#28 Posted by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

@hbkdx12: People blame Sony because it's their fault. Sony has released a statement formally apologizing for the leak.

Certainly the hackers that are digging into the data and circulating it are at fault as well, but it was the initial PSN leak that created this whole ordeal.

#29 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (290 posts) -

Is there any way to do spoiler tags on the mobile site? I'm at work, and GTAforums isn't allowing people to talk about the leaks.

#30 Posted by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

@alecofthewest: Unfortunately, there isn't any way to do it. I suppose if you really wanted to you could PM it to me and I'll edit your post and insert it.

#31 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

Videos are leaking now too. At least right now just the stuff that plays on the TV.

#32 Edited by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

@krullban: Yeah, I looked at a little of that stuff. Thankfully there's not much in the way of major plot spoilers in there, and they definitely appear to have stepped up the quality and quantity of that content since IV.

#33 Posted by TheHT (11683 posts) -

Oh. That's neat.

#34 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@krullban: Yeah, I looked at a little of that stuff. Thankfully there's not much in the way of major plot spoilers in there, and they definitely appear to have stepped up the quality and quantity of that content since IV.

Yeah, the one I watched was just talking about the gangs. It was pretty humorous.

#35 Posted by Yummylee (22297 posts) -

I caved, and I hate myself for it...

In any case... Fuck you, Trevor! Johnny's my second favourite GTA protagonist behind Tommy Vercetti ='(

#36 Edited by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@yummylee said:

I caved, and I hate myself for it...

In any case... Fuck you, Trevor! Johnny's my second favourite GTA protagonist behind Tommy Vercetti ='(

Well maybe Trevor will be better!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.