Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Massive GTA V information leak (Potential spoilers)

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

As with anything of this nature take it with a grain of salt. The article I read it all in states it was originally posted on gamespot and removed. Wonder if those fingers will stretch this far now, hmm.

http://www.examiner.com/playstation-in-charlotte/massive-gta-5-information-leak-from-ex-rockstar-employee

The details for those not wanting to click through.

It has recently been brought to our attention that a poster over on the official GameSpot forums have posted a massive list of unreleased information about the future title, Grand Theft Auto V. Through a post, that has since been deleted by the forum moderators over on the GameSpot forum, along with the poster, a user by the name of Gloggle has revealed that he is a friend of an ex-RockStar employee that was fired for misconduct. Now, it seems that the ex-RockStar employee now has the intentions of leaking information on GTA V.

As for the information that was listed, you can find the post as a whole below or you can view a Google cache version here.

Hello!

I am a friend of someone who recently got sacked from RockStar North for general misconduct. Because one contract to RockStar covered everything, including secrecy, and his contractual obligaton was now removed, he was legally allowed to spill the beans on Rockstar's upcoming GTA V. And he is making damn sure everyone knows about it.

Here is the info you really want:

1. The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He's a half hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.

2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.

3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities).

The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections. 4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.

5. Cars and guns are customisable to an extent, for example, you can cusomise a gun to have a supressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.

Here's some stuff you might like:

1. The protagonist is the "rich guy" from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor (Audi R8). The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.

2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.

3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.

4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs. 5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.

6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio. 7. The in-game TV now has many more channels

8. The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in the last two Rockstar games.

9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.

10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.

Wanted levels:

1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).

2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.

3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

Reading through the information, you will notice that it is very comprehensive, as all of the details and features listed seem to make sense and would work well in the next installment of the GTA franchise. But, since this information is not at all confirmed, this should still be taken as a rumor, so take it for what it is and nothing more.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Andorski

Anyone who doesn't care about spoilers - can you repost all the information that doesn't deal with the plot?

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By august

He was released from his nda because they fired him? Not buying it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds like a Grand Theft Auto game.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Sounds fake, especially the explicit drug use and the back story of why this guy is talking about it.

Realistic traffic reports also sounds kinda crazy

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshthebear

I'm not sure I believe. I'm pretty sure Rockstar wouldn't let someone off their NDA just because they no longer work there.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By strainedeyes

Yeah, that's not how NDAs work.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spartanlolz92

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Sounds fake, especially the explicit drug use and the back story of why this guy is talking about it.

the wanted star ratings also seem ridiculous th fact that they wiil search the game for 72 hours just screams BS to me

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CaptainTightPants
    @Andorski: No real spoilers in the original post, but here you go. Gameplay related stuff only.

2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponry. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.

3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities).
    The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections. 4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.

5. Cars and guns are customizable to an extent, for example, you can customize a gun to have a suppressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.

Here's some stuff you might like:

2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.

3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.

4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs. 5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.

6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio. 7. The in-game TV now has many more channels

9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.

10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.

Wanted levels:

1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).

2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.

3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted. 

To be honest, I really don't believe this leak at all.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferros said:

They will have a playable demo at E3.

Yup this is fake.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mikewrestler5

Fake as fuck.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By spazmaster666

Even if this were true (which is highly doubtful at this point), there's not really much info of value in this so-called "leak" not to mention that the majority of the info included I could have speculated myself.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MrRedwine

No, guys, I heard it from a guy who knows this guy. It's totally real!

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strife777

I though it was fake when I saw that the guy was freed from his NDA after being fired (which is ridiculous), but I was even more sure it was fake when I saw ''demo at E3''. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rockstar and E3 rarely go together. They didn't go for at least the last two years, right?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RsistncE

@joshthebear said:

I'm not sure I believe. I'm pretty sure Rockstar wouldn't let someone off their NDA just because they no longer work there.

Pretty much this. I've drafted enough contracts to know that the CA clause in every contract I've written, signed or read is binding for many, MANY years (if not forever). The clause only expires if the information referred to in the clause itself goes public (in this case, Rockstar revealing this shit officially or when the game finally releases).

I'm calling horse shit on this one.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Yeah sounds fake sadly.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SadPatrol

Hey

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By scarace360

im calling bullshit but that all does sound pretty cool.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By TheHBK

I dont think that NDA only applies when you are employed. I actually think NDAs are actually more for people that are not employed since they would have no reason not to spill the beans. Yeah, this is BS, but hope the gameplay stuff is true.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Andorski

@Resident4t: Thank you good sir.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kishinfoulux

Wasn't there a huge "spoiler" leak a while ago that was false also? Yeah I'll just wait until I see some concrete info.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AuthenticM

The only thing I want to know is if the game controls better than GTA IV.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox

I dunno. It all seems plausible. I like the part about the police trying to identify you ofter you've 'lost' them for a certain amount of time based on severity of wanted level the most. I at least hope that's true.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#24  Edited By Hailinel

@MrKlorox said:

I dunno. It all seems plausible. I like the part about the police trying to identify you ofter you've 'lost' them for a certain amount of time based on severity of wanted level the most. I at least hope that's true.

Maybe, but I'm not sure about the drug use portion of this supposed leak. Borrowing a page from that terrible NARC reboot is not a move I'd have expected Rockstar to make.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Hailinel said:

@MrKlorox said:

Maybe, but I'm not sure about the drug use portion of this supposed leak. Borrowing a page from that terrible NARC reboot is not a move I'd have expected Rockstar to make.

Didn't Vice City have pills you could pick up that slowed down time or something? It's not totally out of their wheelhouse. Besides I think they know better than to make crack a powerup.
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Phatmac

Fakeeeee.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#27  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @spartanlolz92 said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

the wanted star ratings also seem ridiculous th fact that they wiil search the game for 72 hours just screams BS to me

Probably means 72 game hours... so 72 minutes.
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By ShaggE

Bull.

Especially the "cops will chase you if you're speeding" bit. That would be one of the worst ideas possible.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#29  Edited By alistercat

Why would they have a playable demo at E3? Rockstar don't give a shit about E3. That alone makes it seem fake.

oddface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oddface

Sooo fake. Has there even been a real Rockstar leak ever?

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PolygonSlayer

Yeah, and NDA is still valid after you no longer work there, lol. I mean with all the people moving around the games industry all the time, if NDAs were not valid afterwards people would be spilling things all the time and not being caught for it. Maybe he didn't read the NDA properly... or it's fake :/ Impossible to tell, but labelling it as a rumour is probably sensible :)

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SSValis

@Mr_Misery said:

@Ferros said:

They will have a playable demo at E3.

Yup this is fake.

That doesn't sounds very RockStar like. The other stuff the guy posted sounds like it could be legit though.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SSValis

@Jaytow said:

The map is not going to be 5 times the size of GTA IV, fake.

This too

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ExplodeMode

I'm going with not real.  Some of it sounds okay, but adding a speed limit to a GTA game?  That seems out-there.  Adding a speed limit to a game 5x the size the last one?  That seems tedious.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By valrog

I like the idea of a silenced gun and a normal gun not being two different weapons. I hate it in some games where you can't even pick up ammo because it has different attachments. I mean, come on.

I hope his name is Albert De Silva. It just sounds awesome and something Rockstar would come up with.

But yeah, this is more fake than your girlfriend's orgasms.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By valrog

@SJSchmidt93 said:

@spartanlolz92 said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

So, 12 saves if saving the game still advances the time for 6 hours. Sounds rather inconvenient, unless you're unable to save. Which adds whole other problems. Other than that, I like the idea of a more complex wanted system.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By EuanDewar

@Hailinel said:

@MrKlorox said:

I think it'd be cool if it's like it is in MGS where you're just swaggin' about doing your usual stuff except you have a cigarette in your mouth because why not.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deranged

I'm liking the continuation of Red Dead multiplayer and since when did Niko die in GTA 4?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By valrog

@mcderby4 said:

I'm liking the continuation of Red Dead multiplayer and since when did Niko die in GTA 4?

I think he meant Red Dead and L.A. Noire. Though I can't be sure since I haven't had the privilege to play them.

Is the spoiler thing broken only for me?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Azteck

This seems dumb. Part of the fun is just driving around the city not caring. If you have to start abiding the speed limits unless you wanna get harassed by the cops, it'll take away a ton of the fun.

That said, this entire thing seems fake. As others have pointed out NDAs simply do not work like that
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Deranged

@valrog said:

@mcderby4 said:

I think he meant Red Dead and L.A. Noire. Though I can't be sure since I haven't had the privilege to play them.

Is the spoiler thing broken only for me?

OH that makes sense. Well John Marston's death was one of the best endings to a video game so it was well worth it. L.A. Noire just... meh.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mikey87144

The E3 part has me not buying a lot of this. Rockstar doesn't do playable demos at E3 anymore. Why would they need to?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrKlorox
    @valrog said:

@SJSchmidt93 said:

@spartanlolz92 said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

So, 12 saves if saving the game still advances the time for 6 hours. Sounds rather inconvenient, unless you're unable to save. Which adds whole other problems. Other than that, I like the idea of a more complex wanted system.

Time is 2 seconds per minute in GTA4, which is still too short if you ask me. And you don't have to actually save to advance time 6 hours, you just have to use the bed. But just doing that for 72 hours would be a fucking stupid way to play the game. I'm certain if this is true, it doesn't mean you're automatically wanted with 4 stars again as soon as a cop spots you. It's probably more like a meter that fills up like in assassins creed.

edit: After reading some of these reasons why these things sound implausible, it's obvious those folks have never kept up with GTA development interviews. The main world artist originally wanted to make GTA4 the entire state of Liberty. If 5 times the landmass size of GTA4's liberty city sounds like too much, just stop reading rumors now. Everything will sound like bullshit to a brain like that.
    jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jillsandwich

Can't tell if it's fake, but it sounds legitimate enough. If the thing about the dude not dying at the end is true, shame on this guy. Gameplay details are fine, spoilers aren't.

If it's fake or not, I hope there's some Chinatown Wars style drug-dealing in this one. That was so cool.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sockemjetpack

The people at Rockstar are too smart to make speeding give you a wanted level.

weaponofchoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By weaponofchoice

Wasn't there a map that got "leaked"?

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jerseyscum

I smell bullshit. Somebody breaching an NDA on a high-profile game like Grand Theft Auto is basically begging to be sued into oblivion. Also looks real good on the resume to other developers that you'll sell company secrets because you got your panties in a bunch.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#49  Edited By musubi

Fake. Dude, locking people out of missions because they have a wanted level for what equals well over a hour in real world time? Rockstar may want to go realistic but that... that just would kill the fun.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By valrog

@MrKlorox: Right, I forgot. Well, still. If that would be the case, it would not be something realistic, but just annoying and a waste of time. I'm sure Rockstar will figure out a proper system.

@Demoskinos said:

Fake. Dude, locking people out of missions because they have a wanted level for what equals well over a hour in real world time? Rockstar may want to go realistic but that... that just would kill the fun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that even Grand Theft Auto III wouldn't let you start some missions if you had a wanted level on your head.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.