My GTA V Theory

#1 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I wanna go on record as the first person to make this connection. I believe that Rockstar recognised it was impossible to craft a Nico Bellic who was trying to turn his life around, while also being a crime-lord and wrecking shit in helicopters. I think splitting him into 3 seperate entities is their solution for this, as he literally represents the three re-occurring dissonant roles of the Grand Theft Auto protagonists (and empathic in-roads for different player motives) so far.

Below I have provided a character bio of Michael, Franklin and Trevor for referrence, taken from the unofficial wiki:

As the smartest one and the self-proclaimed leader of the Powerpuff Girls, she is often seen as the most mature, level-headed and composed member of the group, although she can also be fussy, overbearing, vain, and overly analytical at times. She tends to "mother" Bubbles and Buttercup, and often tries to play peacemaker between the two if they fight but ironically she is quick to argue with Buttercup who acts on impulse as opposed to her analytical nature. She is naturally caring to mainly her sisters, but also the Professor as well. In "A Very Special Blossom," we are shown a darker side to Blossom when she resorts to stealing the Pro-Excellence 2000 Golf Clubs for the Professor, who later says it's his fault for putting too much value in a material item instead of the love for the Girls. For this, her first (and fortunately only) offense, Blossom was sentenced to 200 hours of community service, which was a harsh reminder to her and to all that crime doesn't pay.

The ending theme refers to her as "the joy and laughter," meaning that she is defined by a sweet, cheery, mild crybaby and gentle demeanor. She takes the role as the youngest out of the girls. Bubbles does, however, have a tendency to be overemotional, despite the fact of her having a habit to be ditzy, naive and sensitive leading to her sometimes being regarded as the group's weakest link, by friends and foes alike. However, she can become very independent and aggressive, let alone extremely mad when pushed. Out of all the Powerpuff Girls she is the most feared by Mojo Jojo after having single-handedly taken him down in a fit of rage in the episode Bubblevicious. Her special superpowers are the Sonic Scream, understanding various foreign languages, and communicating with animals.

Referred to in the ending theme as "the toughest fighter," she is the group's tough one and is easily enraged. Sometimes this, and her aggression gets the better of her, making her a little reckless and stubborn (but she overcame it in "Makes Zen To Me"). She also showed a greedy side in "Moral Decay," to which she knocked out all of bad guys' teeth for money earns. She has shown these sides, and a softer side in several episodes. For example, in the episode "Cover Up," she had a soft green blanket that she was obsessed with that she would hug that gave her the confidence to be a better fighter, and she is quite protective over her sisters. She possesses a violent and mean streak not displayed by her sisters.

With this in mind, my favourite character is Franklin: the toughest fighter!

#2 Edited by jimmyfenix (3688 posts) -

mojo wins as always

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (13907 posts) -

What? I dont even...

#4 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

mojo wins as always

Except for when Bubbles snaps and goes hardcore, beating up the whole of Townsville. In that episode, she beats Mojo Jojo and saves the girls.

I will absolutely 100% be watching out for a parrallel of this in-game.

#5 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Chem trails...?!

#6 Posted by Animasta (14464 posts) -

This would make me interested in GTA V

#7 Posted by GaspoweR (2515 posts) -

THEN WHO IS MOJO JOJO???

#8 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Mojo Jojo is the Bank of America.

#9 Posted by SomberOwl (518 posts) -

I still think they should have kept it to a single character. People are putting to much thought into the whole "Character disconnect" thing recently. Who cares in my opinion. It's a video game. Remember when games were good when the mechanics worked well?. Story was just an after thought. I just hope the game actually plays well and is fun. I guess since all we know about it right now is story related is why people are acting the way they are.

#10 Edited by AjayRaz (12391 posts) -

buttercup 4 life

#11 Posted by jimmyfenix (3688 posts) -

I still think they should have kept it to a single character. People are putting to much thought into the whole "Character disconnect" thing recently. Who cares in my opinion. It's a video game. Remember when games were good when the mechanics worked well?. Story was just an after thought. I just hope the game actually plays well and is fun. I guess since all we know about it right now is story related is why people are acting the way they are.

rockstar always try something new which is great for them cause they know it will sell millions of copies anyway but i think its a problem with the industry as a whole

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

Okay. You got me. I laughed. Well done, sir.

#13 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5121 posts) -

This made me think of the devil character in Powerpuff Girls, which then made me think of the devil dude in Red Dead Redemption, what if he shows up in GTA V omgomg omgogmogmgom

#14 Posted by Optix12 (576 posts) -

Ultimate evil boss controlling all the minions you have to deal with as you get to the final bit of plot... HIM

#15 Posted by Andorski (5113 posts) -

Didn't bother reading the Power Puff stuff, but I would like to go on record with my own prediction:

At the end of the game, you will use one of the characters to kill off another.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.