Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

New GTA V Screenshots and Previews

• 75 results
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

So, apparently Game Informer's exclusivity window has closed. There's a new batch of screenshots in the wild that includes some from that Game Informer article, and there are some new previews hitting the internet today as well.

I haven't had time to read through the articles yet. I imagine they probably retread most of the same info we got from Game Informer, but there are probably a few new morsels in there too.

New Previews:

New Images:

New Artwork:

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Morrow

As someone who has never played a GTA game, I'll check this one out. Looks pretty cool :]

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Humanity

I don't care that much how it looks but I hope they changed the physics up from GTA4 which just wasn't that fun to drive in. A game that is based around stealing and doing missions in cars, I really need the driving to be fun and arcadey.

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ChillyUK7

@Morrow said:

As someone who has never played a GTA game, I'll check this one out. Looks pretty cool :]

Ok make a reaction video of yourself playing it, it will be like seeing a child watch the end of Empire Strikes Back... holy shit, you have seen Star Wars right? :P

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Humanity: Dan Houser has said that they've addressed the criticism of the cars being "big and boatlike" in GTA IV by making the cars a little lighter and a bit more attached to the road.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By Soap

My body is ready.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Andorski

@Humanity said:

I don't care that much how it looks but I hope they changed the physics up from GTA4 which just wasn't that fun to drive in. A game that is based around stealing and doing missions in cars, I really need the driving to be fun and arcadey.

I believe Rockstar has been on record saying that the game's driving mechanics have "the wheels grip more to the ground." I don't expect Saint's Row 3 style driving, but it should be more functional for those who don't want realistic driving physics.

Shame that the screenshots don't include indoor environments. Their promise to expand building interiors is the most exciting improvement to their sandbox infrastructure.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Binman88

I'm likely gonna get this and enjoy it, but I wish they'd do a new story set in the 80s again. I'm just not sold on the modern setting. Maybe they'll find a way to give the setting some personality though, so I'll reserve my judgement.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelN7

@Chaser324 said:

@Humanity: Dan Houser has said that they've addressed the criticism of the cars being "big and boatlike" in GTA IV by making the cars a little lighter and a bit more attached to the road.

Nooo! why!? the driving was perfect in IV! I hope they don't turn it into some arcadey thing, I mean sure it wasn't easy to get into but once you practiced enough it was really satisfying even more with the faster sports cars, it wasn't "boatlike" the cars just had weight like a "real" car weight instead of the "box with wheels" weight most videogame cars have.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MeierTheRed

Giving us a big open world that larger than bla bla and bla, is all fine and dandy. But if we don't get anything fun to do in that world, i don't see the appeal. So i hope they have something exciting and fun to do. And by fun i don't mean go on dates or play darts in a fucking pub.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
    RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RedCricketChase

Man, that little pic of under New Artwork of the bank robber checking his watch is stylish, clever, and fully badass. Wish it was high-res enough to be my desktop @.@

P.S. My Xmas gift to my best friend and her bf is going to be an IOU for this game. Haha :D

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Morrow

@ChillyUK7 said:

@Morrow said:

Ok make a reaction video of yourself playing it, it will be like seeing a child watch the end of Empire Strikes Back... holy shit, you have seen Star Wars right? :P

Nope :D

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

Yup, GTAV continues to look puuurty sweet. Though the more I see of this game, the more I find myself wondering just how well this will run on consoles, especially after AC3's sloppy performance. These screenshots have also gotten me curious about how clothing will work; will we unlock preset outfits ala RDR or will we still be able to play dress-up by combining separate pieces of attire? If they go with the latter route, I just hope there'll be more on offer than there was in GTAIV.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god. Ridiculously hype.

The new trailer comes out today, right?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yummylee

@GetEveryone said:

14th I think it is.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Animasta

is it just me or do the screenshots look a little... off? I don't know how to explain it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yummylee said:

@GetEveryone said:

14th I think it is.

You've failed me again, Starscream.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Animasta: It looks like the general lack of anti-aliasing and some issues with fine detail from GTA IV are still present, but I'm willing to forgive it a bit because it's probably the only way to keep the game from being a slide show on current console hardware.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Bollard

Graphics look ehhhhh.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Chavtheworld: They look like a bit of a step up from GTA IV, but their focus seems to have been more on just expanding the scope by really pushing the draw distances out a lot farther rather than increasing detail.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Zippedbinders

I really hope the checkpoint system isn't as fucked as it was before. If this is structured or plays more similarly to RDR, I'll be pretty excited.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Live2bRighteous

Oh my god, that bank robber artwork is everything I love. I can finally play another heist game besides Kane and Lynch. Can't fucking wait.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Bollard

@Chaser324: If they make a PC port that works, maybe I'll consider it. But nope, nothing grabbing me so far.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By gaminghooligan

Still waiting for my 1920's Bootlegging GTA game... someday...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

FUCK THA POLICE:

No Caption Provided
    Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Banshee
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Yummylee

Yikes. I'll spoiler-tag just in case, but according to the New York Times interview:

One of the three characters will be the antagonist of the story, but will still continue to be playable?! This game... :o Obviously Trevor would be the expected foil of the group, but given that this is Rockstar and because of the sheer blatantness if it all, I'd wager it's actually a toss up between Michael and Franklin.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Yummylee: That same thing was hinted at in the Game Informer article.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By wrighteous86

Fuck, I never go to IGN, but even with their reputation I can't believe they let a story as high-profile as that go with so many errors. The journalist in me weeps with envy.

EDIT: And holy shit, that was written by their UK Editor-in-Chief?! Hire me IGN, I can shit stuff like that out in my sleep. (Yes, I shit in my sleep.)

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@Yummylee said:

Yikes. I'll spoiler-tag just in case, but according to the New York Times interview:

One of the three characters will be the antagonist of the story, but will still continue to be playable?! This game... :o Obviously Trevor would be the expected foil of the group, but given that this is Rockstar and because of the sheer blatantness if it all, I'd wager it's actually a toss up between Michael and Franklin.

Just spitballing here, but:

I'd put money on it being Michael. Trevor is just some asshole out in the boonies and Franklin is a newbie, but Michael is tied up with the Government and all that. Might not be the 'villain', but will probably end up having to screw over the other two, they plan revenge, Michael redeems himself at the end but dies tragically, etc etc.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@MarkWahlberg said:

@Yummylee said:

Just spitballing here, but:

I'd put money on it being Michael. Trevor is just some asshole out in the boonies and Franklin is a newbie, but Michael is tied up with the Government and all that. Might not be the 'villain', but will probably end up having to screw over the other two, they plan revenge, Michael redeems himself at the end but dies tragically, etc etc.
    Yeah, that would make sense. Not to mention Michael has so far been vaguely described as perhaps being the most 'rational' and calm of the three, which of course always screams ''CONNIVING BUTTHOLE WHO'S BEEN PLANNING THIS ALL ALONG!''. Sort of like the Mikhail and Dimitri disparity in GTAIV where Dimitri turned out to be the proper scumbag of the two. Really hope it won't be quite as predictable as all this, though, or at least that there's going to be a lot more to it considering how they've already begun abbreviating about it all.

I don't even know if it's worth spoiler-blocking this. It sounds like the sort of thing that should be spoiler'd, but of course it's also the sort of information that's being headlined over on gamespot and being publicly discussed by Dan Houser himself sooo... Ah well, just to be safe I suppose.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@MarkWahlberg:

I could see the government stuff possibly leading to Michael flipping, but it seem just as plausible for it to be one of the others. Franklin might let his ambition get the better of him which leads to him stealing from his partners, or maybe Trevor just goes off the deep end.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Kyreo

@Zippedbinders said:

I really hope the checkpoint system isn't as fucked as it was before. If this is structured or plays more similarly to RDR, I'll be pretty excited.

If they don't incorporate some of the stuff that has been in previous Rockstar titles like the feeling of the Shooting in Max Payne 3 and the solid mission structure of RDR then they have failed to learn from their successes and mistakes.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arker101

I cant wait for this game. Free Roam Jets everyday!

@Chavtheworld said:

Graphics look ehhhhh.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#36  Edited By Lazyaza

People forget that Ballad of Gay Tony had vastly improved car handling over GTA4 proper already so I can only assume GTA5's handling will be just fine. I'm more interesting in them making the shooting more tolerable and the health system less annoying, the amount of gun fights I felt cheated out of in 4 purely because the cover mechanic sucked or the shooting wasn't as responsive as it needed to be, bleh.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By 49th

I am surprisingly really excited for this.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bed

aww yea finally i can flip off the police. also, more heists in video games please

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To use a catchphrase from Rob Lowes character on Parks and Rec, If this doesn't come out on PC it will "LiteraLLY" kill me.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Cause I jizzed, in, mah pants

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Morrow

@ChillyUK7 said:

@Morrow said:

Nope :D

You hear that? It's the faint sound of everyone else on this website having an aneurism simultaneously.
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Morrow

@MariachiMacabre: Haha, I know I skipped some of the cult stuff on this world. Never seen the Godfather movies as well. Sue me :P

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Morrow:

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Morrow

@MariachiMacabre: Haha, I know I skipped some of the cult stuff on this world. Never seen the Godfather movies as well. Sue me :P

I just might end up suing you, yeah.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By fjordson

Nice roundup of the screens man. Game looks amazing. I love the lighting and the vibrant colours. Nice change of pace after Liberty City.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By BBQBram

Between this and BioShock Infinite, I find it hard to care about other games right now.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Maaaan, I just want to ride a bike around flipping everybody off. @Chaser324: Thank you for keeping us all updated with the latest GTA info.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#48  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Chaser324: Looks like post processed AA going on in these screenshots, which I'd hope for (made alan wake american nightmare look great on the 360). Def isn't zero AA in these screens.

Banshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Banshee
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BestUsernameEver

There's no way those are console screen shots, seems way too aliased and lighting has no jaggies, something even Gran Turismo 5 couldn't pull off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.