New GTA V screenshots - "Our biggest open world game to date"

• 127 results
#101 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I'm like 10x more excited for Saint's Row 4. 

#102 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:
@glyn said:

@MAGZine said:

Just fix the driving and get rid of the cellphone, and it will be a magical game.

YO YO YO YO YO

IT'S BRUCIE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Brucie, I thought I told you to go fuck yourself? :)  God, you guys are making me wanna install IV and play it. Again. For the fifth time.
Alpha male! Install it, bro, definitely install it. VIP style. Put some Albanians to the sword. Number one baby. That's how you roll.
#103 Posted by nasseh (82 posts) -

Can't wait to see what modders do with this on the PC.

#104 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

WE GETTING ARAB MONAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

#105 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

I can't wait for this game since I really enjoyed 4 and the rest of the games in the series. I get a laugh at the people in here saying that GTA and Saint's Row were innovative this gen. Anyways I'm guessing this will be released next year.

#106 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

GTA4 was the best GTA so far, and RDR was phenomenal so I have high hopes for GTAV. I just really don't get why they're basing it in Los Santos again... I would have loved a new location.

I agree with everything in this post.

#107 Posted by TheKing (823 posts) -

@ThePickle said:

@MrKlorox said:

@ThePickle: Woah there. Family Guy actually has a few redeeming qualities. SR3 is more akin to professional wrestling.

I always associate Saints Row with Family Guy. Both are liked for purely superficial reasons, are incredibly derivative, and are just one-note experiences that rely on cheap entertainment.

Couldn't agree with this more. The fact that Saints Row the Third is held in such high regard by the games media is embarrassing.

#108 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

Do people still complain about the driving in GTAIV? I thought it was perfectly fine. It was really weird to get use to, but half way through the game I could swerve in and out of traffic like Ryan Gosling in Drive. Don't understand why people complain about it, I think they just suck.

#109 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

That looks big.

#110 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Landon: People complain about everything in GTAIV. Mainly the point of "the character walks too slow and the animations are weird." Well that's my favorite part, just walking into pedestrians and watching them trip and flail around, great engine RAGE is. Also, the driving felt natural after about a day for me, just got to realize to turn before you think you should, simple.

#111 Posted by ajamafalous (11848 posts) -

People rallying behind a game they like and saying "YOU ONLY HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR!" even after being provided a list of reasons will never get old.

#112 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Hype levels are indeed risin-

*ring*

"Cousin, you want to go bowling?"

FUUUUUU

#113 Posted by Cretaceous_Bob (503 posts) -

God GTA IV really shit in my mouth. I loved San Andreas and Vice City and that's what they did to me.

#114 Posted by CaLe (3911 posts) -

@Cretaceous_Bob said:

God GTA IV really shit in my mouth. I loved San Andreas and Vice City and that's what they did to me.

I thought it was the best GTA ever made. Opinions eh.

#115 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

@Arker101 said:

Hype levels are indeed risin-

*ring*

"Cousin, you want to go bowling?"

FUUUUUU

phone off... problem solved... no more annoying phone calls... easy

#116 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

People rallying behind a game they like and saying "YOU ONLY HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR!" even after being provided a list of reasons will never get old.
#117 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2918 posts) -

The skyline in the second picture looks enormous.

The only thing that sucks about giant worlds in R* games is that the fast travel system, if it does exist, is wonky at best. I hated crashing a plane or blowing up my car out in the country and then having to run back to find a road somewhere to jack a car. There needs to be a smarter way to get around if you screw up/get lost/just want to get back into the game, like being able to call a taxi from your phone or something. Unless there's no "country" in this instalment and it's just a megacity, but that seems implausible.

#118 Posted by wumbo3000 (937 posts) -

I liked not having planes and jet packs in GTA IV. The ridiculousness was getting too much for me, and the story was what really made GTA IV special.

#119 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

i liked doing the friend dates with packie, he shot dudes if things got weird.

#120 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Here's hoping that the city feels more "alive", regardless of size.

#121 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

EY COUSIN! YOU WANT GO BOWLING?!

#122 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I would like optional kills to return, and more executions. Please, Rockstar.

#123 Posted by BrainSonata (105 posts) -

I hope they don't change the driving.

#124 Posted by Baillie (4039 posts) -

Fix the driving? Go back and play GTA III. The driving in those games are awful. IV made a huge improvement, just learn to drive.

#125 Posted by BBQBram (2202 posts) -

I guess it's really hip to hate on GTA IV, but then again it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played and I've only beaten it, say, six times or something?

Fuck your jetpacks, fuck your arcade driving, I want more of this and exactly this, and trusting Rockstar I know I'm getting it.

#126 Posted by mrpandaman (864 posts) -

What I want is for GTA V to be more interactive and customizeable like how GTA San Andreas was while still maintaining what IV's game play development had.

#127 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Sounds amazing! Very excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.