New GTAV 3 Trailers WoW!

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -

World of Warcraft?

#3 Edited by TooWalrus (13220 posts) -

I'm not even level 90 yet...

#4 Posted by rahulricky (237 posts) -

Weird how the bald white guy might have the most original story of the three.

Franklin looks like it's going to be a modern San Andreas which I'm totally cool with.

#5 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I love you Rockstar

#6 Edited by Szlifier (494 posts) -

I read the title in following order: World of Warcraft, Grand Theft Auto III... oh, GTA V

Queen in the soundtrack! FINALLY, ROCKSTAR

#7 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Is his son played by Jonah Hill, sounds and looks alot like him around the :30 mark.

#8 Edited by Yummylee (21789 posts) -

@szlifier said:

I read the title in following order: World of Warcraft, Grand Theft Auto III... oh, GTA V

Queen's One Vision was in GTAIV.

Anywhoo these are superb. I'm currently watching the Gamespot stream with Danny O'Dyer, been really interesting watching them pick at the smallest details.

Also, looks like the Grove Street Gang still exist in this new GTA-verse.

#9 Edited by Szlifier (494 posts) -

@yummylee said:

@szlifier said:

Queen's One Vision was in GTAIV.

Yep, I'm an idiot. Although I remember it being very rarely played.

#10 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Michael's trailer has a pretty cool 'vice city' vibe to it the same with Franklin but with San Andreas

#11 Posted by Seb (362 posts) -

Looks dope.

#12 Posted by Pr1mus (3936 posts) -

Sold

#13 Posted by Dacnomaniac (442 posts) -

"Want me to get my dick out again!?"

#14 Edited by Twinsun (479 posts) -

I think I'm gonna like that Trevor guy, seems goofy in a way I can get behind ;)

#15 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

Pumped, but I do hope they do more with Michael than just using him as an excuse to rehash The Sopranos "criminal with a psychiatrist" dynamic.

#16 Posted by Winternet (8021 posts) -

Aren't the duders going to do something with this?

#17 Edited by Live2bRighteous (317 posts) -

Oh my oh my god oh god my god god my.

This is everything I want in a game... Oh my god, the bank heists, a modern san andreas, BANK HEISTS! HEISTS!

Rockstar, you have my gaming heart.

#18 Edited by Yummylee (21789 posts) -

Franklin seems a little boring from what we've seen thus far, even though it's clear he's perhaps got the most grounded and serious storyline of the three. Trevor's obviously going to be a riot, and Michael seems pretty interesting if only because you'll finally get to play as a character from the get-go who's already 'made it' as it were. Plus the family setup could be really fun too. I'm pretty sure it's his family who Michael hangs out with to play tennis and go drinking with ect.

#20 Edited by probablytuna (3684 posts) -

Still most interested in Michael's story out of the three.

#21 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

jeff said on i love mondays that they saw a demo of gta v last week and they will talk about it on Thursday

#22 Posted by Winternet (8021 posts) -

@winternet said:

jeff said on i love mondays that they saw a demo of gta v last week and they will talk about it on Thursday

Yes. I hope they just sit on the couch and talk about it that way, instead of doing it on the bombcast.

#23 Edited by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

This looks AMAZING.

#24 Posted by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

So excited!

#25 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

These trailers were awesome. Looks like there's going to be another bank robbery mission awwwwww yeah.

September can't come fast enough D:

#26 Posted by MOAB (390 posts) -

gonna be fun waiting for the pc version. 7 months between the console and pc version of iv. :/

#27 Posted by BigJeffrey (5028 posts) -

THE BEST Voice Over and Music Work IN THE INDUSTRY

#28 Posted by Rokkaku (222 posts) -

Is it wrong to say that I was a little underwhelmed? The production values are obviously through-the-roof, the direction is great, the soundtrack up to traditional standards, but what exactly is new here? Just from having played through all the GTAs before, these characters already seem innately familiar to me, and obviously the setting is a location we've seen before, albeit vastly expanded. But still, where's the twist, the 80's cool of Vice City or the Eastern Bloc tones of a Nico Belic (not that he proved to be particularly unique either)? I'm still going to buy it, and I'm still going to love it, but the Rockstar edge is lacking, the spark of deranged genius, the controlled chaos. Give me a feeling that not only should I not be doing this in a game, I shouldn't even be watching it. There's still a lot of information to come out, so here's hoping they've kept a few aces up their sleeve. I'm bored Rockstar, I want to fall in love with games via GTA all over again, just let me!

#29 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

@rokkaku said:

Is it wrong to say that I was a little underwhelmed? The production values are obviously through-the-roof, the direction is great, the soundtrack up to traditional standards, but what exactly is new here? Just from having played through all the GTAs before, these characters already seem innately familiar to me, and obviously the setting is a location we've seen before, albeit vastly expanded. But still, where's the twist, the 80's cool of Vice City or the Eastern Bloc tones of a Nico Belic (not that he proved to be particularly unique either)? I'm still going to buy it, and I'm still going to love it, but the Rockstar edge is lacking, the spark of deranged genius, the controlled chaos. Give me a feeling that not only should I not be doing this in a game, I shouldn't even be watching it. There's still a lot of information to come out, so here's hoping they've kept a few aces up their sleeve. I'm bored Rockstar, I want to fall in love with games via GTA all over again, just let me!

read the game informer article everything that made red dead and past gta games good are better in this game according to dan houser

#30 Posted by Kazzenn (125 posts) -

Rockstar might be the best at making trailers because they have never failed at making me excited to buy their games.

#31 Posted by Warfare (1635 posts) -

Oh my oh my god oh god my god god my.

This is everything I want in a game... Oh my god, the bank heists, a modern san andreas, BANK HEISTS! HEISTS!

Rockstar, you have my gaming heart.

Made me think about the movie Heat .

#32 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

this is the dicussion on the first gta v demo that game informer saw back in November. it sounds really promising

#33 Edited by PhilipDuck (550 posts) -

Enters with *World of Warcraft joke.*

And i'm off! Thank you

#34 Edited by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

Rockstar has my bawls! These were terrific, I'm so excited.

The only time I feel bad about being a PC gamer is when Rockstar releases a new game.. This is going to be a long excruciating wait.

#35 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -

@szlifier said:

dropped

#36 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

So much uncanny valley right in your face.

#37 Edited by BigJeffrey (5028 posts) -

#38 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
#39 Posted by JCGamer (663 posts) -

I really hope the shooting/combat/driving is better than the previous games. Looks interesting but I think that with every GTA game and end up only playing half of it.

#40 Edited by Kierkegaard (597 posts) -

Seems like really easy storytelling. Nico's stuff got confused and didn't always work, but this trailer jumps to cartoonish right away--chasing the naked boyfriend out, most of the dialogue. I hope the three character interactions and general gameplay dynamics are interesting and new because the story seems pretty rote right now. I also have so little interest in playing as an alcoholic abusive dad or a torturing, belligerent wacko. Franklyn might have some class, but is his story going to forge new ground or just be another look at the difficulty of rising out of poverty and gangs?

Rockstar can be brilliant satirists and have wrenching moments of storytelling. This trailer is not putting its best foot forward for me.

#41 Posted by TheHT (11387 posts) -

looks better than gta4. much better.

now i'm excited for this.

#42 Edited by TheStandardToaster (137 posts) -

just need to see actual gameplay and then i'm sold

#43 Edited by project343 (2828 posts) -

I continue to not be impressed by these characters. The immigrant story was super compelling to me, and was as good as GTA got narratively (even if the narrative lost its focus). That said, I feel like I might warm up to Michael. But Trevor is just a silly caricature made for laughs, and Franklin's shpeel just seems like the same tune we've heard too many times over.

Also, I might be crazy, but I don't think this game looks particularly good technically (textures, draw distance, etc.); the facial animations and the 'craft' are spectacular though. This generation is starting to show its age, methinks. It looks significantly worse than the initial trailers, anyway.

#44 Posted by Sursh (243 posts) -

anyone else looking forward to michael? everyone seems to be jumping on the trevor-train, that schtick can get mighty stale after a while.

franklin... bzzzzooorrriiinnnggg. chop looks cool though.

#45 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

I continue to not be impressed by these characters. The immigrant story was super compelling to me, and was as good as GTA got narratively (even if the narrative lost its focus). That said, I feel like I might warm up to Michael. But Trevor is just a silly caricature made for laughs, and Franklin's shpeel just seems like the same tune we've heard too many times over.

Also, I might be crazy, but I don't think this game looks particularly good technically (textures, draw distance, etc.); the facial animations and the 'craft' are spectacular though. This generation is starting to show its age, methinks. It looks significantly worse than the initial trailers, anyway.

your crazy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.