NEW SCREENSHOTS

• 88 results
#1 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -
#2 Posted by Heltom92 (709 posts) -

Is that more images to come or more details? It better be more details!

I will definitely get this game but I think this gen there have been a lot of strong open world games since GTA 4 (Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, Just Cause) so it will be interesting to see what Rockstar can do to make this stand out.

#3 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1406 posts) -

@Heltom92: Probably more pictures, but you can get some sort of details from that! Bikes are back =D

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Aww ya bikes are back!

#5 Posted by probablytuna (3627 posts) -

Such a god damn tease Rockstar.

#6 Posted by solidlife (877 posts) -

lets flyyyy

#7 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

Yup. That lo

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

That looks like a Gta game.

Damn phone

#9 Posted by Gladiator_Games (444 posts) -

*drools* lets pray all that pretty isnt ruined by another Niko...

#10 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

I LOVE SCREENSHOTS AND I WILL PROBABLY LOVE THIS GAME. I WIN.

#11 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

This looks to be another case of pictures taken whilst running on high end PC hardware...which is awesome.

#12 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I hope this is what GTA IV should have been. (you know, fun)

#13 Posted by Chaser324 (6437 posts) -

Pretty much everything Rockstar has touched has been gold this generation, and I'm especially fond of GTA IV. I can't wait to get my hands on this game!

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by Soap (3579 posts) -

Brilliant! GTA 4 was pretty close to a master piece and while I'm not a huge fan of SA like a lot of people seem to be I'd be very happy with a compromise somewhere in between the two.

#15 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

You can barely see someone in the Hydra, might be the same dude from the trailer:

#16 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Rockstar better step their game up. After enjoying Saints Row: The Third and Sleeping Dogs I can honestly say I never had fun playing GTA IV. The missions always felt like a chore.

#17 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Not sure they can top GTA 4. Can't wait for this game.

#18 Posted by mosespippy (4128 posts) -

If there are more details to come later this week and the game is out this year then the release date has to be announced this week. If it's not announced this week then it's not getting released this year.

#19 Posted by BaneFireLord (2928 posts) -

This is so not coming out this generation.

#20 Edited by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

@ Chaser324

im on the opposite camp, i dont think theyve been very strong this gen. all of their games have been lacking in the fun sector, just mostly filled with repetitious missions in IV, RDR & Noire. hoping V is more "colorfull"

#21 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Bikes! yes I hope the protagonist dosn't look silly riding those specially if it turns out to be that middle age guy from the trailer.

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

We all know Rockstar has that.... Zazz, the mojo, the open world charm and feel that you can't find in any other games.

Saints Row 3 was a fun little funky arcade game, Sleeping Dogs is GTA 4 in Hong Kong with a bit of Batman and Mirror's Edge, Just Cause 2 is an open world masterpiece that relies on EXPLOSIONS and scale rather than having a realistic society with people walking around and things happening in the world.

But then you have San Andreas, and Red Dead Redemption, and GTA IV, and Bully.... We all know the joy of being a part of a society that Rockstar creates. I can't effing wait!

Also, BIKES!!!

#23 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Damn this looks gorgeous, please be a next gen launch title. Also Jets and Bikes!

#24 Posted by ShaggE (6429 posts) -

That's either the trailer guy in the jet, or Frank West. Protagonist confirmed? (unless Rockstar is screwing with us)

#25 Posted by EVO (3895 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Damn this looks gorgeous, please be a next gen launch title. Also Jets and Bikes!

Nah, GTA V will be this gens swan song.

#26 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

This my fave shot, just look at the city in the background. It looks huge and amazing. I try not be a fanboy but I am hopping up and down in excitement for this game.

Just think, all this city and countryside we can't see as well.......

#27 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Looking good, hopefully the act of actually doing anything in the game will be more enjoyable this time around!

#28 Posted by TheSlothKing (331 posts) -

Just don't fuck up the driving again.

#29 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Apparently Larry David is a mission giver in this game.

#30 Posted by Binman88 (3686 posts) -

Got you motherfucker.

#31 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

I really can't see a X360 or PS3 running a game looking like that, so either the screenshots are taken on a high-end PC (probably), or they're another hint on why R* haven't announced what platforms they're going for.

Either way, I really hope the information coming later this week is actually information, and not just more screenshots. There's a fine line between teasing and pissing me off. :P

#32 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@TheSlothKing said:

Acutally just leave the driving as it was in IV I thought it was perfect.

#33 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

I really can't see a X360 or PS3 running a game looking like that, so either the screenshots are taken on a high-end PC (probably), or they're another hint on why R* haven't announced what platforms they're going for.

Either way, I really hope the information coming later this week is actually information, and not just more screenshots. There's a fine line between teasing and pissing me off. :P

They say it will be more screenshots....sorry to disappoint. Look at the top post on the R* page.

#34 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@leebmx: Yeah, just noticed, hehe.

Thanks for the love on today’s screens, all. More screens will be coming later this week.
#35 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@AngelN7

@TheSlothKing said:

This, the driving in IV was fantastic.
#36 Posted by mosespippy (4128 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

With 67 million Xbox 360s and 64 Million PS3s sold I don't think the businessmen will let this not be available on those platforms.

#37 Posted by Pop (2626 posts) -

yep, definitely need a new video card.

#38 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@mosespippy said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

With 67 million Xbox 360s and 64 Million PS3s sold I don't think the businessmen will let this not be available on those platforms.

Yep ofcourse. Doesnt mean their wont be a next gen version aswell. Like Most Wanted and Burnout Revenge

#39 Posted by TheSlothKing (331 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@AngelN7

@TheSlothKing said:

I liked what they were going for with it ,but it didn't feel right. IMO they should either make the cars have the weight and physics of the cars in Mafia 2 or go more arcadey like NSF.

#40 Posted by Bollard (5449 posts) -

@SamStrife said:

This looks to be another case of pictures taken whilst running on high end PC hardware...which is awesome.

I bloody hope not, that 2nd picture looks like arse. Super low res road texture, huge jaggies all over that car and a bush that wouldn't look out of place on an original Xbox.

#41 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@Binman88 said:

Got you motherfucker.

My god.

#42 Posted by mosespippy (4128 posts) -

@TheSlothKing said:

@CL60 said:

@AngelN7

@TheSlothKing said:

I liked what they were going for with it ,but it didn't feel right. IMO they should either make the cars have the weight and physics of the cars in Mafia 2 or go more arcadey like NSF.

The SUVs, vans, sports and super cars felt good. Sedans and bikes didn't feel right.

#43 Posted by Y2Ken (1123 posts) -

Suh-weet

#44 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1961 posts) -

@Heltom92 said:

Is that more images to come or more details? It better be more details!

I will definitely get this game but I think this gen there have been a lot of strong open world games since GTA 4 (Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, Just Cause) so it will be interesting to see what Rockstar can do to make this stand out.

Yes, I'm more interested in what they plan to do to keep the experience fresh. Those screens sure are pretty though.

#45 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Whoo bikes!

#46 Posted by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

I almost don't care how crappy it might be, those graphics are hot and I'll risk buying the PC port.

#47 Posted by KingdomCome (37 posts) -

I'm happy for Rockstar to take their time. Grand Theft Auto IV to this day still annihilates similar genre titles. This will easy meet, if not surpass expectations. And, those images are stunning...

#48 Posted by hussatron (189 posts) -
#49 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Fuck! Goddammit I want this game. You know you're getting overhyped when you get excited about the potential for customized license plates.

#50 Posted by Slag (4269 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.