Well a Reddit user found some code in the recent GTA V update. It could be junk code just like the Red guard code in the last skyrim update
According to a user on Reddit, a modder from the GTAForums (see here) has found some snippets of data referencing a North Yankton DLC. Alongside a list of new weapons, radio stations, character/ped data and a few subtitles. Apparently it was left behind from the recent 1.04 update.
Below is what we know so far:
- Deutsch Vorher 91.5
- North Yankton PR
- Homeland 82.3
- Electric Drop 95.7
- Strings Unleashed 82.9
- Better Days FM
- Yankton Entert
- Northern Rock 56.1
- Protagonists for the DLC include Michael, some guy named Rick, and Niko returns
- Antagonist could be a man named Bruce
- Gracie returns
- Subtitles/conversations involving Roman – meaning the Revenge ending was canon
- Gay Tony and Luis return – though, Luis is mentioned in the data as “Luis_corpse.”
- Brass Knuckles
- MP40 Submachine Gun
- ACR Rifle
- Carcano Rifle
- Sixshoot (revolver?)
- Escopeta (Escopeta shotgun?)
- Bear trap (explosive)
- Heat seeking rocket launcher
- Thompson submachine gun
- M2 Browning
- Red Dot (weapon attachment)
- North Yankton has it’s own Snapmatic tag – but you can’t take pictures during the NY missions. This could mean a NY DLC isn’t that far fetched.
- Michael brings Jimmy to North Yankton “to get away from that video game and teach him some real work.”
- North Yankton is not an interior
- Niko’s special is titled “depression.”
- Niko could be on drugs, subtitle snippets are confusing, no mentions of who says what
- North Yankton has multiple snowy weather data (i.e. snowy1, snowy2, foggy2 etc.)
It’s unknown whether or not this is true, but what is interesting is that this user found this 3 days ago… well 2 days ago Rockstar mentioned that they ”will also have initial details on more additional content coming for both Story Mode and GTA Online in the next few weeks.
Could this new ‘Story Mode’ DLC be the above content? – As well as all this, some new coding was also found.
If this ends up being true would you want a expansion set in North Yankton? I think it will be a good departure from the sun soaked Los Santos to the snowy North Yankton.
If not what would you like for future DLC ?