Official Snapmatic Thread (Show us your in game Pictures!)

#1 Edited by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

Hey all I thought i would create this thread to show off your crazy ass pictures from the in game camera.

#4 Posted by Boboblaw (284 posts) -

Not feeling the Goatee but otherwise nice pictures!

#5 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

@boboblaw: Ha!. I am having so fun with this game. i haven't done the missions yet but i will have some more pictures !

#6 Posted by probablytuna (3610 posts) -

I tried taking pictures of the two cars that are stacked on top of each other in Franklin's garage but kept getting an error message when I tried to save the image in the gallery.

#7 Posted by Demoskinos (14751 posts) -

I tried taking a few but yeah keep getting denied by the social club.

#8 Posted by Pr1mus (3868 posts) -

How do you upload photos? Is it through the Social Club?

I can't login at the moment. Servers are probably getting hammered.

#9 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

@pr1mus: Make sure your PS3/360 ID is linked with the social club. Then take a picture using the snapmatic app in the game then it will automatically upload it to the social club. It will tell you if it fails uploading. To see the photos on the social club go on to your profile and click on GTA V then Snapmatic it will be next to bawsaq than you should see the pictures you have taken in game.

#10 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (616 posts) -

I took some great pictures that were lost because the social club that were lost because of the servers being poor.

But stay tuned for my "Selfies with Strangers" series.

#11 Edited by Pr1mus (3868 posts) -

First attempted landing on the freeway. It went reasonably well.

#12 Edited by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

@pr1mus: Ha! That reminds me i need to go to the airport.

@secondpersonshooter: Yeah i lost a couple of few good photos but tomorrow i will have some special ones to show!

#13 Posted by mrcraggle (1901 posts) -

It's too bad that the results are so small and have a crappy line filter over the top of them. With the expansive scenery, you could probably get some great shots.

#14 Posted by ragnarok7038 (50 posts) -

Dear diary,

The ass was fat.

Love,

Franklin

#15 Edited by mrcraggle (1901 posts) -

Dear diary,

The ass was fat.

Love,

Franklin

I think I named that pic "dat ass" in the game. Too bad you can't change profile pics on Life Invader :P

#16 Edited by Demoskinos (14751 posts) -

Here is a pic of Micheal being really creepy taking a selfie in his daughters room while she is sleeping.

#17 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

I hope by the time when i wake up the social club is some what stable so i can get my glitched up pictures and also check my stocks out.

#18 Posted by sublime90 (531 posts) -

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread for epicness!

#19 Edited by A_E_Martin (190 posts) -

Found my first helicopter, and I decided to take a trip...

So I ended up ridin' this blimp.

#20 Posted by RonGalaxy (3094 posts) -

@a_e_martin: The 4th pic looks like hes giving the finger... Lolll

#21 Posted by Syndrom (359 posts) -

i tried to use the snapmatic, but it said it couldn't connect with social club :(

#22 Posted by Glottery (1214 posts) -

Not working here either, hopefully it'll be in alright condition later today. Already planning on finding a random shoot-out between cops and gangsters, then posing in front of 'em and taking pictures, like any normal citizen.

#23 Edited by Nodima (1164 posts) -

Yea, I had one of those shootouts happen right in front of Franklin's house after taking Chop for a walk but the damn servers were down. I also wanted to get a shot of Blaine County at sunset from a lookout spot with a rundown juice bar but couldn't connect then either.

#24 Posted by Syndrom (359 posts) -

it's kinda weird you can't save the pics locally and then upload later.

#25 Posted by Humanity (9048 posts) -

@syndrom said:

i tried to use the snapmatic, but it said it couldn't connect with social club :(

Yah I haven't been able to log into Social Club even via website for the past day.

#26 Edited by Syndrom (359 posts) -
@humanity said:

@syndrom said:

Yah I haven't been able to log into Social Club even via website for the past day.

it's weird because tracks i shared via the radio station wheel, did register on my social club profile.

Anyway, the servers are probably under a very heavy load :D

#28 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

@syndrom said:
@humanity said:

@syndrom said:

it's weird because tracks i shared via the radio station wheel, did register on my social club profile.

Anyway, the servers are probably under a very heavy load :D

Rockstar said they will resolve the issues soon. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/18/rockstar-working-to-resolve-gta-v-social-club-and-companion-app-issues

I need to take pictures dammit!

#29 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

I broke the game.

#30 Posted by mrcraggle (1901 posts) -

@sublime90 said:

I broke the game.

I actually have a Vine of that. The daughter was standing on the sofa too until I punched her and she said I'd finally lost it.

#31 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

I am Speechless.

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (14751 posts) -

#33 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

!!!

#34 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

@jimmyfenix said:

@sublime90 said:

I broke the game.

I actually have a Vine of that. The daughter was standing on the sofa too until I punched her and she said I'd finally lost it.

I had both of those happen to me, so maybe it's a literal broken script and not just 'random' broken script.

#35 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

For some reason those selfies are so funny. Whenever I see one I laugh rather hard.

I'll try to take some and upload them but I dunno how to console.

#36 Posted by mohasky (16 posts) -

Trevor's into some weird shit. There's a box of tissues nearby.

#37 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

This is not mine this is in the most popular list.

#38 Posted by Glottery (1214 posts) -

Should've taken multiple pics of the second one and turn those into a gif, really, since the driver kept waving his arms about inside the car as I stood there. No idea how it happened, since I was getting tattoos at that moment and then came outside to witness it.

#39 Posted by Mister_V (1265 posts) -

Witnessed my first shootout as i was driving around. Just after this pic was taken the dude on the left in the baseball cap put a bullet into the guy laying injured next to him.

#40 Edited by Chaser324 (6405 posts) -

Nothing too special, but it is the first photo I've managed to upload without getting Social Club server errors.

Moderator Online
#41 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -
Trevor Phillips is a Legit Businessman
I think everyone did this.
Franklin celebrating his new safehouse.

#42 Posted by Demoskinos (14751 posts) -

God these Trevor pictures are craking me up.

#43 Edited by Lumley (950 posts) -

First picture I've taken, I should start taking plenty more.

#44 Edited by CapnThrash (144 posts) -

#45 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I am so tempted to get this game. How is the pacing compared to the last GTA game? I could not get past the start o the last one because it felt so slow.

#46 Edited by CapnThrash (144 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: I've already put more time into 5 than i ever did in 4. 5 starts off strong and keeps it up.

#47 Posted by mrcraggle (1901 posts) -

I am so tempted to get this game. How is the pacing compared to the last GTA game? I could not get past the start o the last one because it felt so slow.

The beginning of V takes a cue from Saints Row in regards to its beginning but things do settle shortly after as the game goes through teaching you its many mechanics. My concern at the moment is how many go to place X and kill people missions are there? Jeff mentioned that in the most recent podcast and they've avoided that for the most part playing as Michael and Franklin but now I'm playing as Trevor, all of his missions have been that so far. That said, having completed IV and finding the whole experience pretty dull especially in comparison to SR2 which followed a few months later, I'm already having way more of an enjoyable time with it. This is the first time, in a long time, where I've actually dicked around in the open world as I've been finding that stuff not as appealing but the world feels so rich with detail and characters. I felt that IV was a very detailed city and one that was lived in but at the same time, it was a world where I didn't feel compelled to be creative in it but with V and having so much variety to it, I want to explore and find new and interesting things to do outside of what the game allows. I see a train pass by and I think "what will it take to stop it?" I find myself out near the mountains after taking some douche hitchhikers to a cult walking up to a tourist and calling them names, mocking them as they run away as fast as they can only to pursue them to insult them further. I've even been watching tv from time to time because it's actually watchable now rather than a series of stills with subtle amounts of animation.

#48 Posted by Chaser324 (6405 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: The pacing is much faster than GTA IV. The prologue throws you straight into the action, and it rarely lets up all that much from there. The missions are pretty varied, and most of them have been a whole lot of fun. On top of that, the writing and voice acting in this game is about as good as I've ever seen in a video game.

Moderator Online
#49 Posted by Grilledcheez (3946 posts) -

Haha, these pictures are great...I haven't taken any yet, but now I MUST

#50 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.