Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

On which platform are you getting GTA V?

• 124 results
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Poll On which platform are you getting GTA V? (593 votes)

Xbox 360 30%
    PS3 42%
    Will wait for other... 24%
    No interest in buying the game... 4%

I was just curious on which platform everyone was getting GTA V. A friend at work has convinced me to preorder it on my recently purchased PS3. I have a 360 too, but I hope it turns out well on both machines.

• 
    BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

360, since it's the only console I have. Once it makes its inevitable PC debut I'll be double dipping.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Slaegar

I'm holding out for the PC version like a lot of people. If it never comes to the PC then I'll wait until its $20 or likely never buy it. I never ended up getting Red Dead Ridiculous.

I only have an Xbox 360 (not much sense to buy another machine that plays basically the same games at basically the same level of detail. I only missed out on some mediocre TPS/FPS and Journey) so I'd end up with that version.

Edit:

http://youtu.be/JQyFrL5AsGw?t=1m56s

That's why

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Had the collectors on pre-order for ps3 but since all my friends got the damn xbox I changed it. At least next gen everyone I know is dropping xbox for the ps4 so this is the last time I will get a xbox game!

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I'm not into Digital Foundry level comparisons, but I couldn't preorder for PS3 in case it was as horrendously jaggy and hazy as 4. But I couldn't commit to 360 in case they give out exclusive content to people with GTA4/EFLC save files or trophies. Like character imports, cameos based on who you've kept alive in previous GTAs. Plus the 360 might be hampered by DVDs, and my super slim PS3 is quieter than 360. Yet I prefer the 360 controller and AA batteries. More GBers always play the 360 versions of online games ( TNT). I'm afraid the indecision cost me the chance to own the collectors edition.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always just feels right to pick the Playstation when i buy GTA.. So once again going Ps3!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Capum15

I'm gonna wait for it to pop up on PC.

I don't want to wait, but I don't want to buy it twice even more.

primalmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By primalmaster

Pre-loaded it on PS3 yesterday canceled retail copy today.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By Jams

Canceled PS3 preorder and holding out of PC.Thirty minutes after I pulled out my PS3 and tested out how GTA IV played I stuffed that console back in its box and tossed it back in storage. Then I reinstalled it on PC and had a constant 60 and the controls were a lot more responsive. On the PS3, it felt like there was a long delay in movement. I'm guessing due to slower frame rate.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

@jams said:

Canceled PS3 preorder and holding out of PC.Thirty minutes after I pulled out my PS3 and tested out how GTA IV played I stuffed that console back in its box and tossed it back in storage. Then I reinstalled it on PC and had a constant 60 and the controls were a lot more responsive. On the PS3, it felt like there was a long delay in movement. I'm guessing due to slower frame rate.

Actually, from what I understand, the less the frame rate the less the notice of any lag.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jgf

Why do so many of you go with the PS3 version? I thought as this is a US based site, naturally 360 would be in front. Like 2:1 or so. Is the PS3 version expected to be better then 360 (I can't imagine as Red Dead Redemption was fine on 360)? Or are so many non-US gamers here?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DonPixel

waiting for the PC version, I hope it doesn't take that long.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waiting for the PC version, I hope it doesn't take that long.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was getting the PS3 version but switched after the GTA Online was announced and I have way more friends who will be playing on Xbox, also now that the reviews are coming out it's sounding like the 360 version might be the better (even if slightly) of the 2 version.

Minifig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 and PC.

Minifig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 and PC.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im leaning toward 360 just becuase RAGE engine games have always run better on 360. Both RDR and GTA IV were higher resolution and better framerate on 360. Im going to wait for the digital foundry comparison to make my decision though.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By senrat

Im leaning toward 360 just becuase RAGE engine games have always run better on 360. Both RDR and GTA IV were higher resolution and better framerate on 360. Im going to wait for the digital foundry comparison to make my decision though.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Digital foundry has done 360 disc vs hard drive but no ps3 vs 360. Wonder if they didn't have a ps3 copy till tomorrow.

People saying PC; what if the game runs like shit or requires a $3,000 rig to look good, or has to run in 1024x768 on your monitor in order to work? And what if its only going to come out as a GOTY edition, meaning after all DLC hits 360, and tied to the release date of PS4 versions... so spring 2015? I mean a lot of people are saying spring 2014, I think you would've heard about it by now. I think it's a spring. 2015 game with the next gen consoles.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CVG did a comparison but it seems kind of bias. Full RGB isn't set on the PS3, and the dynamic weather is a little bit foggy on PS3 while the 360 version is full of clouds.(I've seen the 360 version in the same spot looking the same as the PS3 version in the comparison.)

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't decide if I should get it now, wait for the ps4, or wait for pc. Who knows when it will even come to those other platforms, or if it will even be part of that ps3-ps4 upgrade thing

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claude said:

@jams said:

Actually, from what I understand, the less the frame rate the less the notice of any lag.

It was probably my imagination more than anything. I ended up caving for the 3rd time and just ordered it for PS3. I woke up this morning excited that it was coming out tomorrow only to get on the order page and see that I had it canceled. That was my sign that I probably want to play the game more than I care about how it looks or plays. I've always been a big fan or GTA games so trying to decide to hold out has been quite the struggle. So much for being Mr. Mature Moneybags.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claude said:

@jams said:

It was probably my imagination more than anything. I ended up caving for the 3rd time and just ordered it for PS3. I woke up this morning excited that it was coming out tomorrow only to get on the order page and see that I had it canceled it last night. That was my sign that I probably want to play the game more than I care about how it looks or plays (especially since I was making up excuses not to get it). I've always been a big fan or GTA games so trying to decide to hold out has been quite the struggle.

TenStoryMother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayu26: The more likely scenario of why they've shown only the PS3 version of the game is because Sony paid Rockstar a boatload of money in co-marketing dollars.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well I'd really like to play it on PC, but I'm probably going to buckle and end up getting the PS3 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.