Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Planning to buy GTAV on PC? Be careful.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hassun
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

That doesn't seem very unusual, tons of games are non-steam. You can always add a non-steam game to your library. If it doesn't use steam works for MP there's really no reason to make it steam only.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

Or you could not buy it at all and get an actually good game instead that does even slightly interesting things.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@corevi: Or you can be objective and understand not all people like the same games you do, nor should they

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was honestly expecting this thread to be about some asinine system requirements.

It's probably going to have those too

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spraynardtatum

@corevi said:

Or you could not buy it at all and get an actually good game instead that does even slightly interesting things.

Say what!? GTA V is an amazing game! You must not be very interesting because the meat and potatoes of GTA games is what you bring to the table ;)

I think the writing, characters, and story are pretty great too...with the exception of the gift wrapped ending.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Maybe just not pre-order from a weird key-selling site and giving it a few days after launch to see what's what? It'll take some time for the interesting mods to start coming out anyway.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DonPixel

@corevi said:

ughh... le /facepalm

Talking about steam integration, Wouldn't be awesome if they put steam workshop support in there? Skyrim 2.0

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By alistercat

I'm not surprised. It would have to be a steamworks game, and that doesn't seem to be Rockstars thing. Expect minor steam integration.

I wonder what 'platform' GTA Online will be running on then.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rorie: It's also useful for people who are just planning to buy the physical version of the game.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@hassun said:

@rorie: It's also useful for people who are just planning to buy the physical version of the game.

I wonder what the ratio of physical/digital is at this point. I haven't bought a boxed PC game in...five years? Maybe more?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I bought a boxed version of Far Cry 3 and Guild Wars 2. Das it.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fine to think GTA V is a bit clunky (the movement mostly) but calling it a bad game is just silly.

GTA IV however...now that is a GTA game I really did not like. I was beyond hyped when it came out but I just didn't gel with it. They found a nice balance with the driving on V.

I have the PS4 version so I'm not going to buy it on PC but I will be curious to see how well the PC version runs.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#15  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@rorie said:

@hassun said:

I wonder what the ratio of physical/digital is at this point. I haven't bought a boxed PC game in...five years? Maybe more?

There still seems to be a market for physical PC games. Even quite a few smaller titles like This War of Mine, Meridian: New World and Wasteland 2 got retail releases. Seems like 505, Paradox and Deep Silver release quite a few indies on disc (even games that were self-published on Steam and GOG). The three closest Gamestop stores to where I live stock quite a few of them, I assume they make some money off that.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the boxed version only used Social Club while the Steam version uses both Steam and Social Club. They did that with Max Payne 3 as well. Was't really a big deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.