<> Please avoid spoilers, especially in thread titles <>

#1 Edited by MB (14072 posts) -

Hey all...just revisiting this topic a little. Please avoid giving away story elements or major surprise features of newly released games, especially in your thread titles. This goes for blogs that are attached to the forums as well. In the body of posts, please use the site's built in spoiler tag feature where appropriate.

Spoilers in posts not clearly marked will be deleted, the same goes for spoilers in thread titles. Those intentionally trying to spoil things for others will find their account status under review.

Thank you!

#2 Edited by MattyFTM (14610 posts) -

Mordecai dies.

(If that happens I must be psychic, because I have no idea about any of the plotlines of Borderlands 2)

#4 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7596 posts) -

I always love spoilers in thread titles, especially when people put spoiler tags at the end, like it's going to help. "Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers father! *spoilers*!"

I remember several topics giving away huge plot details about Red Dead Redemption like that. The story in Borderlands isn't exactly very important, but it's nice to see mods cracking down on this. Especially as some of us have to wait until Friday to play it..

#6 Posted by NicksCorner (450 posts) -

Thanks Mod, this is a great pet peeve of mine.

#11 Edited by DarthOrange (4105 posts) -

Clap Trap is the final boss. It turns out that he is operated by a midget inside. Spoilers.

#19 Edited by Yummylee (23271 posts) -

I agree with the sentiment, though isn't this the sort of thing best suited for general discussion rather than just the BL2 board?

#23 Edited by MB (14072 posts) -

@Hunkulese said:

Holy hell the mods are anal about this one. The ability to change your appearance and respec is now considered a spoiler? Why are any posts about anything game related allowed to exist?

@Demoskinos said:

@Hunkulese said:

Holy hell the mods are anal about this one. The ability to change your appearance and respec is now considered a spoiler? Why are any posts about anything game related allowed to exist?

Its pretty much just MB but I agree it seems super ridiculous. Especially since there is a proper spoiler button to hide spoilery parts of the game. Its doubly funny considering I doubt most people are coming to BL2 for story anyways.

I'm not even sure which thread you are talking about, and it certainly isn't the one I was referring to in my post.

you may find it funny, but people who really care about Borderlands don't. I'm sure you wouldn't want a game you care about being spoiled, so how about showing a little respect for others' tastes. Thank you.

#24 Edited by MB (14072 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Why is this in the bl2 forums? I know this has been happening there but I fell like this is general discussion information.

Well, it is in the rules and we really don't need another sticky. Once it's been a week or so I plan to move this topic over to General.

#29 Posted by MB (14072 posts) -

Updated

#30 Edited by Yummylee (23271 posts) -

Ha, that's quite the purge up there. Wow, and only 3 days away from its anniversary.

#31 Edited by ThunderSlash (2302 posts) -

WTF happened here?!

#32 Posted by UngratefulDead (78 posts) -

Dear god, it's a massacre in here.

#33 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7788 posts) -
#34 Posted by GreggD (4585 posts) -

WTF happened here?!

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.