Question: Last mission of the Kifflom quest line (spoilers)

#1 Posted by Binaryfart (24 posts) -

Hi All, I'm tie-ing up loose ends on my way to 100%, and I'm really enjoying the Kifflom quest line so far. I've finished the 5-mile desert run, but the next mission marker never seems to show up for me. I finally got the shits and read a FAQ, and it seems like I should get a call or something - how soon after finishing the run should the next part kick off?

Cheers!

#2 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Uh, i can't remember how long it took for me. It was alittle while, but not too long.

Also, how the hell did you enjoy that questline? It felt like the devs were just fucking with you the whole time seeing how far you'd go to complete it.

#3 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4825 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

Uh, i can't remember how long it took for me. It was alittle while, but not too long.

Also, how the hell did you enjoy that questline? It felt like the devs were just fucking with you the whole time seeing how far you'd go to complete it.

That's exactly why it was enjoyable to me. Well, not enjoyable, but I can appreciate the devs fucking with the player so blatantly. You also get a nice reward out of it for your wasted time.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14878 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

That's exactly why it was enjoyable to me. Well, not enjoyable, but I can appreciate the devs fucking with the player so blatantly. You also get a nice reward out of it for your wasted time.

Well... you CAN get a nice reward if you act accordingly at the proper time. If you don't attempt to steal the money on the last mission you are given a "gift" for your hard work in the form of a rusty tractor. Which is all to goddamn hilarious. I was too much of a sucker and didn't think to deviate from the path the game told me. So that is what I ended up with as a "reward". Only upon replaying the mission did I realize my folly.

#5 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@oldirtybearon said:

@clonedzero said:

Well... you CAN get a nice reward if you act accordingly at the proper time. If you don't attempt to steal the money on the last mission you are given a "gift" for your hard work in the form of a rusty tractor. Which is all to goddamn hilarious. I was too much of a sucker and didn't think to deviate from the path the game told me. So that is what I ended up with as a "reward". Only upon replaying the mission did I realize my folly.

Haha yeah, i ended up getting the money on accident. I just stopped in the street to scratch my nose during the convoy and they flipped out and started chasing me shooting. Granted the 2 million (or so?) you get wasn't a big deal to me because by then I had 140-something million on every character.

#6 Edited by Demoskinos (14878 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@clonedzero said:

Haha yeah, i ended up getting the money on accident. I just stopped in the street to scratch my nose during the convoy and they flipped out and started chasing me shooting. Granted the 2 million (or so?) you get wasn't a big deal to me because by then I had 140-something million on every character.

Yeah, now I don't give any fucks I've been sitting on Pibwasser stock for weeks now and it keeps on going up at this point I have almost 500 million with each character. I'm going to continue to sit on it until the stock finally peaks. =p

#7 Edited by Yummylee (21761 posts) -

I hated that mission. It was funny at first because ''lol, you're actually making me run around for 5 miles'', but the joke quickly worn out when I accidentally exited the 'pilgrimage area' and the whole fucking thing restarts on me without warning. So, yeah, fuck that.

#8 Posted by Humanity (9377 posts) -

I'm only at the part where you have to wear the robes for 10 days and I think it's probably the best written sidequest in the entire game.

#9 Posted by mosespippy (4205 posts) -

@binaryfart: Just a heads up, the Kifflom missions aren't part of 100% completion (unless you are going for 100% achievement progress).

#10 Posted by andrew2696 (319 posts) -

@yummylee: This is where having a bad analog stick comes in handy and you can set it to run in a circle. Of course I still had to press A.

#11 Edited by Binaryfart (24 posts) -

@clonedzero: You're right that the actual things you have to do is kinda shit, but I love the piss-take by the developers on the player and Scientology.

I've been waiting for literally weeks of in-game time now. I was using a rubber band and a taped coin to keep Michael running in a circle while I went and grabbed some dinner, and I guess I missed the call at the end of the mission. Hopefully that doesn't mean I've failed it in some way.... If I look in the "Available missions" section on the phone (only shows if you're offline) the "Unknown the Truth" mission is listed as available, but it doesn't have an icon on the map.

I think I'm boned....

#12 Edited by Binaryfart (24 posts) -

So the last Kifflom marker never showed up. I ended up reloading a game from an earlier point and redoing the entire chain again! This time the final mission popped immediately after completing "Exercising the Truth"...

So now I have to redo all the lost mission progress or accept that the Kifflom missions are done & dusted....grrrr

Anyway, thanks for the help :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.