Reason why there is no garage in GTAIV? will it return?

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Why do you think car customization was taken out in Grand Theft Auto IV? I personally thought it was an awesome feature that had no good reason in leaving. What are the chances of having a garage in GTAV and how much do you want it?

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11003 posts) -

I think it may have been for story reasons. Niko didn't really seem like the type to stick with one car for long, and he never really had enough money or anything until late in the game.

But since the trailer implies that the dude in GTA V will be at least moderately wealthy, it'll probably return in some form.

#3 Posted by Three0neFive (2293 posts) -

Considering you're apparently rich and have both a house and family, there's no doubt you'll have a garage of some kind.

#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5564 posts) -

Car modding was consistent with the themes and characters in San Andreas, but wouldn't have made too much sense in GTA IV given the density of liberty city and the personality of the characters. Are modified cars a big thing in New York? I don't think so. It wont make much sense given that the character in GTA V is older but it is a possibility.

#5 Posted by Shakezula84 (443 posts) -

My guess is it was removed by R* in an attempt to focus IV more then SA.

From the sounds of it, I think it's coming back. I expect more features from SA that were dropped to show up in V in some way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.