Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Returning to Los Santos: What I'm hoping to see

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shakezula84

A lot of people out there have complained that they want a new local. That would be awesome, but instead we are getting Los Santos again. I was ok with that until I saw the trailer, now I think its an awesome idea, and a great city to revisit.

The first thing is LA is a very varied city. A lot more varied then New York City. But what im hoping for is this game takes place in "Los Santos County" (or at the very least metropolitan area). That would explain the varied enviorments we are getting to see in the trailer and could give us a large area to play in.

Just my couple thoughts. As a side note I hope this has the back drop of the economic crisis we've been having. Would help cement it in a world of today. I can see it now, your character is laid off at the beginiing of the game and must follow the tutorial to get home.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By redbliss

I just hope they remove a lot of the tedium that was in San Andrea and build up the cities a bit while making the countryside more interesting. I also hope that they make money a huge part of the game, like buying property and stuff like that. I never understood why they did that in Vice City but removed so much of that in San Andreas. The property buying was so much more interesting than going to the gym and working out to make your guy look a certain way.

On a side note, has anyone seen IGN? Ten of their top twelve stories all have to do with GTA in some way. I understand that they will post articles and videos for what's popular to generate but more traffic, but they sort of cross the line when they turn into GTA.com. That's off topic, but I just thought it was a little ridiculous.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

BMX bikes.

That is all.

codynewill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By codynewill

@redbliss: IGN is going a little nuts. All of their articles are sort of jumping the gun by speculating on things that can't possibly be gleaned from the trailer. They all want the scope of GTA San Andreas, but the trailer only showed Los Santos. I think its a little early to start assuming the other cities and countryside from SA will be in GTA V.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shakezula84

I just don't think they are gonna hit other cities like that. I suspect at most we will see Los Santos County maybe. One thing I would like is for then to make GTAV a platform. Release DLC that expands the map, not just telling a story that obviously was always planned. Come up with a new story and expand the map to include the other areas of San Andreas. It wont happen, but it would be cool.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AngelN7

@Shakezula84 said:

I just don't think they are gonna hit other cities like that. I suspect at most we will see Los Santos County maybe. One thing I would like is for then to make GTAV a platform. Release DLC that expands the map, not just telling a story that obviously was always planned. Come up with a new story and expand the map to include the other areas of San Andreas. It wont happen, but it would be cool.

That would be amazing but I don´t think they can release content that way a mean a whole new city that would be a pretty big DLC , and how knows they might show that GTAV does take place in San Andreas I mean you see mountains and a bit of the countryside in the trailer I think is too early to tell.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

@redbliss: Great point about the money - I love in vice City buying the buildings and doing the missions attached to them.

Also, OP, I really really want the countryside areas to be explorable again along with gang wars to come back - those were sweeeeeeet

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shakezula84
    @GloriousDinosaur the country side was my favorite part of San Andreas with the small towns scattered about.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kmdrkul

As a Los Angeles native, I would love to see the map stretch to the Long Beach/Palos Verdes area, and also include all of Malibu. If the game goes outside county borders, then all the better. I want to haul ass through winding Malibu and PV roads in a sports car.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I'm hoping the two other cities are there. I'm happy that there are areas that aren't in a city though. I'm also hoping for a better soundtrack.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

BMX bikes. That is all.

YEAH! 100 times YEAH!

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Simplexity

Jet packs and jets, and seeing CJ again, maybe as some billionaire.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By McGhee

I want to hangout with some hillbillies in the countryside.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By jasta
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    BMX bikes.  That is all.
    ...and a new and improved skatepark to rally about in.
    Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shakezula84

So R* has confirmed that the game is a fictional southern California covering the beaches to the hills of LA. Still, with the varied enviorment, and the claim it's the largest GTA game, im excited.

As a side note, let's not forget that GTA IV has a map as large as SA its just more packed. I still want that packed feeling, I just want more map.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By rapid

I wonder if they will have any call backs to my man CJ!

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BBQBram

I'd rather have interesting characters and believable stories than fucking jetpacks. Let's say I dig Rockstar's serious tone this gen. They did the satire, now it's time for genuine plot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.