Rumour: GTA V on PS4, not really leaked

#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4213 posts) -

Norman Noel @mrxmas123

@SonyUK I am looking 4ward 2 be playing GTA5 MIAMI - Can't wait and with a bit of luck on My #PS4 if i can sing "GET LUCKY" via u

Sony UK @SonyUK

@mrxmas123 GTA V is going to be amazing, especially on the PS4! What other games are you looking forward to playing, Norman?

1:44 PM - 27 Aug 2013
That is what Sony UK has twittedjust a moment ago. Obviously, this could perfectly be a typo and they could be actually meaning PS3, but I think that a next-gen version of GTA V has been always in everybody’s minds.

In fact, let’s remember what Rockstar Games said some days ago:

We’ll get the current gen version out first and see what happens in the future.

vgleaks: Rumor: Sony UK may have hinted GTA V on PS4

Well, as long as they announce next-gen versions before they do DLC, then that's fine. Even after say nex-gen release, I wonder if RockStar is gonna keep with Xbox first exclusive DLC, ala GTA IV.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I imagine that would be a massive piss-off to anyone ready to dish out the money on the 360 or PS3 versions. From my perspective, I don't know whether that's probable or not.

#3 Edited by Bollard (5568 posts) -

Well, some Social Media guy is getting fired today.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

What are the chances its some kinda Auto account?

#5 Edited by alternate (2707 posts) -

typo. The level of employee that mans an official corp twitter account is rarely high enough to be trusted with sensitive info.

either way, with this and the psn leak, sony is off the rockstar christmas card list this year.

#6 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

Not so sure if this. Just seems like a typo.

#7 Posted by spraynardtatum (2977 posts) -

I bet Rockstar looooovveeesss Sony right now!

#8 Edited by Marcsman (3202 posts) -

I don't see this happening period.

#10 Edited by HerpDerp (133 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Norman Noel @mrxmas123

@SonyUK I am looking 4ward 2 be playing GTA5 MIAMI - Can't wait and with a bit of luck on My #PS4 if i can sing "GET LUCKY" via u

Sony UK @SonyUK

@mrxmas123 GTA V is going to be amazing, especially on the PS4! What other games are you looking forward to playing, Norman?

1:44 PM - 27 Aug 2013
That is what Sony UK has twittedjust a moment ago. Obviously, this could perfectly be a typo and they could be actually meaning PS3, but I think that a next-gen version of GTA V has been always in everybody’s minds.

In fact, let’s remember what Rockstar Games said some days ago:

We’ll get the current gen version out first and see what happens in the future.

vgleaks: Rumor: Sony UK may have hinted GTA V on PS4

Well, as long as they announce next-gen versions before they do DLC, then that's fine. Even after say nex-gen release, I wonder if RockStar is gonna keep with Xbox first exclusive DLC, ala GTA IV.

Thoughts?

#11 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

A guy hit 4 instead of 3?
Meh it happens.

At least he didn't hit B instead of V. That would just make no sense. GTA B? What would that even be?!

#12 Edited by Chaser324 (6558 posts) -

Sony: Your number one source for GTA V news not endorsed by Rockstar!

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by ionkinetic (123 posts) -

With all that "The new consoles are just locked down PC's" I can't see why this would not be true, september 17, 2014. Its just the unannounced PC version with quality settings locked for the systems right?

#16 Edited by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

With all that "The new consoles are just locked down PC's" I can't see why this would not be true, september 17, 2014. Its just the unannounced PC version with quality settings locked for the systems right?

That's what I would think but maybe it is a little more complicated than that?

#17 Posted by mrxmas123 (1 posts) -

Hi All i Am the mrxmas123 -who got this fire bomb rolling- At the end of the day i think Sony will be mad not to - etc.

#18 Edited by Fattony12000 (7432 posts) -

I don't believe you are really mrxmas123, you could have faked that username. Papers, Please.

#19 Posted by OurSin_360 (891 posts) -

Have they flat out stated "there will be no next gen GTA V"? If not, then it's a safe bet that at some point, there will be a next gen GTA V.

#20 Edited by Crash_Happy (710 posts) -

@oursin_360: I don't think that is a safe bet.

I can certainly see the possibility being more tempting than on any previous generation of consoles since porting to them from the presumed PC version sounds like it might be relatively easy.

#21 Posted by Crash_Happy (710 posts) -

@oursin_360: I don't think that is a safe bet.

I can certainly see the possibility being more tempting than on any previous generation of consoles since porting to them from the presumed PC version sounds like it might be relatively easy.

#22 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -
@deranged said:

I imagine that would be a massive piss-off to anyone ready to dish out the money on the 360 or PS3 versions.

In my humble and honest opinion, I think anyone who buys this on 360/PS3 deserves the pain they're gonna suffer. I mean, really? Rockstar are releasing their brand new ground-shattering Grand Theft Auto on the ancient hardware two months before the next GENERATION launches? Do we not all already know that either the game will be gimped, really gimped, to run on those machines, or the game is gonna stutter and FPS-dip and load endlessly because it's a brand new G T A game god damn it.

Anyone who supports the release of this titan, the sequel of which we won't see for years, on old ass consoles is someone who doesn't respect themselves, is willing to get a gimped ass game, or simply doesn't have the decency to demand that this masterpiece once-in-a-few-years blockbuster title be released on worthy and capable systems.

I really don't mean to offend the 99% of you that are gonna buy it on those consoles, but I really think my opinion is legitimate food for thought.

What are the chances its some kinda Auto account?

Grand.

Get it?

theft

auto

#23 Edited by GreggD (4505 posts) -

A guy hit 4 instead of 3?

Meh it happens.

At least he didn't hit B instead of V. That would just make no sense. GTA B? What would that even be?!

FYS C, the hot new TickStat joint.

#24 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

I completely refuse to play anymore games on that terrible 360/PS3 hardware. So I am happy about this.

#25 Edited by Flappy (2263 posts) -

In the event that this game comes to the PS4, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'll gladly fuck around with my PS3 version in the meantime.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.