Rumour: GTA V outed on Next-Gen? What??

#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4248 posts) -

I can't even figure out where this originated from. I first saw this from HipHopGamer, and he just wrote some shit. With a video of him talking that goes nowhere. So I had to look it up, and I haven't found Any American sites talking about this.

EGM NOW: Hip-Hop Gamer: GTA5 Is Coming To PS4, Also Rumored Exclusive PS Vita Story Extension

But what happened was that: European online-retailer Cool Shop, has a listing with an Xbox One version you can order. I did read about the PS4 release date, but where the fuck is HHG getting this fucking PS Vita version news? I'll go and look a little later.

Attack of The Fanboy: Retailer lists GTA V for Xbox One

A Danish retailer has listed an Xbox One version of Grand Theft Auto V on their products pages for pre-order, claiming that an “Expected release will be announced later”. As for the timing of this announcement, “We are waiting for the announcement of the release date, you can pre-order now, we will send the goods as soon as it comes,” says the retail listing.

Cool Shop.dk: Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) /Xbox One

Ohf. Auhhm?. What the fuck? Still what the fuck, what the fuck about that PS Vita version? If anything, I'd bet it'd fall into the GTA V storyline, and not follow up the Chinatown Wars story. I don't think it would really be 3D either. 2D is a solid choice. Hustling to the max, CW style all up in Los Santos, sounds pretty fucking nice..

Oh and yo, PC. Dope.

#2 Posted by Chaser324 (6661 posts) -

It wouldn't be all that surprising for there to be a next-gen build of GTA V, but damn, those seem like some pretty shaky sources.

#3 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4423 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised to see next gen versions of that game, calling bullshit on the PS Vita one. The more important thing here is eventually hearing about that PC version.

#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Coolshop is just doing what every other person with a website like that would do.
Speculate. They also refund all the money if what you pre-ordered turns out to never happen.

And then the media of course just does what it does best as well and goes nuts like it's some new thing.

#5 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

there might be next-gen version, but its absolutely for current gen ones as well. they've been taking preorders for ages.

#6 Edited by bslayer (222 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that there wasn't going to be a better version (I.e. next-gen) released. I's totally possible though. I'm trying to remember where I seen that though. Maybe game informer? I'll try to fing it. If anyone else finds it first, feel free to post it since I'm doing this on my tablet.

Edit: I found the link but my tablet doesn't let me hyperlink it, but here it is in all it's unclickable glory.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/06/take-two-ceo-squashes-gta-v-next-gen-rumors.aspx

#7 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2262 posts) -

I dunno Rockstar doesn't generally develop cross gen games, this would be a first otherwise. Something would surely have to be announced at E3 if any of that is true.

#8 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I don't believe Euro retail listings about anything, ever. Didn't we learn anything from a decade of Chinese Democracy release dates?

GTA5 on the new consoles seems like a no-brainer. I doubt that coolshop.dk has the hot scoops though.

#9 Posted by DR34DN0UGHT (34 posts) -

For the love of God, if there is going to be a PC version, please let it be a better port than GTA:IV

#10 Edited by Scroll (601 posts) -

I'd love for this to happen but like others have said the sources aren't all that credible.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (15029 posts) -

Yo, my uncle that works at Nintendo told me that GTA V is going to be on WiiU you guys.

#12 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5823 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of games coming out later this year are cross gen.

#13 Edited by StarFoxA (5161 posts) -

Yo, my uncle that works at Nintendo told me that GTA V is going to be on WiiU you guys.

The article writes itself. "Sources Say GTA V Will Be Released On WiiU"

#14 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

For the love of God, if there is going to be a PC version, please let it be a better port than GTA:IV

Max Payne 3 is enough assurance for me that Rockstar's new engine is in sweet love with the PC

#15 Edited by JBird (489 posts) -

@starfoxa: Now this is awkward cos my uncle's mate Gary knows this dude who cleans the Rockstar North office and he says that the office is preparing for a arcade cabinet release.

#16 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@dr34dn0ught said:

Max Payne 3 is enough assurance for me that Rockstar's new engine is in sweet love with the PC

For only 35 GB of course

#17 Edited by Humanity (9633 posts) -

Well if it's coming straight from YouTube star HipHopGamer..

#18 Posted by RonGalaxy (3225 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: The game was completely uncompressed with 2K textures, so I'm not surprised.

#19 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

@jouseldelka said:

@dr34dn0ught said:

For only 35 GB of course

That's only a couple thousand gigs more than the standard high end game size! Max Payne 3 is part of the future after all.

#20 Edited by TooWalrus (13240 posts) -

@jouseldelka said:

@dr34dn0ught said:

For only 35 GB of course

Games are only going to get bigger as consoles move onto Blu-Ray. GET USED TO IT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.