Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Rumour: GTA V outed on Next-Gen? What??

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I can't even figure out where this originated from. I first saw this from HipHopGamer, and he just wrote some shit. With a video of him talking that goes nowhere. So I had to look it up, and I haven't found Any American sites talking about this.

EGM NOW: Hip-Hop Gamer: GTA5 Is Coming To PS4, Also Rumored Exclusive PS Vita Story Extension

But what happened was that: European online-retailer Cool Shop, has a listing with an Xbox One version you can order. I did read about the PS4 release date, but where the fuck is HHG getting this fucking PS Vita version news? I'll go and look a little later.

Attack of The Fanboy: Retailer lists GTA V for Xbox One

A Danish retailer has listed an Xbox One version of Grand Theft Auto V on their products pages for pre-order, claiming that an “Expected release will be announced later”. As for the timing of this announcement, “We are waiting for the announcement of the release date, you can pre-order now, we will send the goods as soon as it comes,” says the retail listing.

Cool Shop.dk: Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) /Xbox One

Ohf. Auhhm?. What the fuck? Still what the fuck, what the fuck about that PS Vita version? If anything, I'd bet it'd fall into the GTA V storyline, and not follow up the Chinatown Wars story. I don't think it would really be 3D either. 2D is a solid choice. Hustling to the max, CW style all up in Los Santos, sounds pretty fucking nice..

Oh and yo, PC. Dope.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator  Online

It wouldn't be all that surprising for there to be a next-gen build of GTA V, but damn, those seem like some pretty shaky sources.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By colourful_hippie

I wouldn't be surprised to see next gen versions of that game, calling bullshit on the PS Vita one. The more important thing here is eventually hearing about that PC version.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Coolshop is just doing what every other person with a website like that would do.
    Speculate. They also refund all the money if what you pre-ordered turns out to never happen.

And then the media of course just does what it does best as well and goes nuts like it's some new thing.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

there might be next-gen version, but its absolutely for current gen ones as well. they've been taking preorders for ages.

bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By bslayer

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that there wasn't going to be a better version (I.e. next-gen) released. I's totally possible though. I'm trying to remember where I seen that though. Maybe game informer? I'll try to fing it. If anyone else finds it first, feel free to post it since I'm doing this on my tablet.

Edit: I found the link but my tablet doesn't let me hyperlink it, but here it is in all it's unclickable glory.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/06/take-two-ceo-squashes-gta-v-next-gen-rumors.aspx

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I dunno Rockstar doesn't generally develop cross gen games, this would be a first otherwise. Something would surely have to be announced at E3 if any of that is true.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe Euro retail listings about anything, ever. Didn't we learn anything from a decade of Chinese Democracy release dates?

GTA5 on the new consoles seems like a no-brainer. I doubt that coolshop.dk has the hot scoops though.

DR34DN0UGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the love of God, if there is going to be a PC version, please let it be a better port than GTA:IV

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scroll

I'd love for this to happen but like others have said the sources aren't all that credible.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yo, my uncle that works at Nintendo told me that GTA V is going to be on WiiU you guys.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of games coming out later this year are cross gen.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By StarFoxA

Yo, my uncle that works at Nintendo told me that GTA V is going to be on WiiU you guys.

The article writes itself. "Sources Say GTA V Will Be Released On WiiU"

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the love of God, if there is going to be a PC version, please let it be a better port than GTA:IV

Max Payne 3 is enough assurance for me that Rockstar's new engine is in sweet love with the PC

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JBird

@starfoxa: Now this is awkward cos my uncle's mate Gary knows this dude who cleans the Rockstar North office and he says that the office is preparing for a arcade cabinet release.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr34dn0ught said:

Max Payne 3 is enough assurance for me that Rockstar's new engine is in sweet love with the PC

For only 35 GB of course

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Humanity

Well if it's coming straight from YouTube star HipHopGamer..

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid: The game was completely uncompressed with 2K textures, so I'm not surprised.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jouseldelka said:

@dr34dn0ught said:

For only 35 GB of course

That's only a couple thousand gigs more than the standard high end game size! Max Payne 3 is part of the future after all.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By toowalrus

@jouseldelka said:

@dr34dn0ught said:

For only 35 GB of course

Games are only going to get bigger as consoles move onto Blu-Ray. GET USED TO IT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.