Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Single player DLC?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Has there been any mention of any single player DLC content?

Seems like they are really not capitalizing on such a great game world.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Nope. I remember them saying around the time the game came out that they would do expansions similar to GTA4 but no word since.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was planning on saying that it has probably been too long by now since the release of the game, but then I checked the time between IV and Stories From Liberty City and it was over year and a half between those, so...guess it's still possible. Especially now with the next-gen version coming out and even more so if it sells like bread.

Or then they'll just focus on expanding GTA Online.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@glottery: Yeah but Lost and Damned didn't sell very well relative to how good the main game itself sold(and Ballad did even worse) and Take-Two basically blamed it on them taking so long to get the stupid things out. By the time they were released nobody really cared anymore and it wasn't even a year befor L&D came out. It's now been a year since five and the general attitude on that game has gone south quite a bit thanks to the whole multiplayer situation.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I vaguely remember them saying something along the lines of " we plan on continuing the adventures of Micheal, Franklin and Trevor soon. "

I remember that 'cause I remember being disappointed that it was just gonna be more Micheal, Franklin and Trevor stuff instead of a new character.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, there was talk about it taking place in North Yankton. I bet we'll hear more about it after the current-gen versions come out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

They have the liberty of taking their time. Sometimes for better sometimes for worse.

Personally I prefer Day 1 DLC rather than waiting 4 months for DLC. When that stuff takes too long I just don't care about the game anymore.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

The fact that Lost and Damned didn't do as well as they hoped, paired with the fact that people buy GTA Online bucks every time there is a patch that adds a new car or plane or clothes means it's probably not in their financial interests to focus on single player content.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By agentboolen

@spyder335: @mosespippy: I bought the Lost and the Damned and found it a bit boring. IMO there was definetly a quality difference from that story and the main story.

For me the LATD only gave a little bit of a beginning and then probably a ending which I still didn't get to because I just got so bored of the middle part where it just got so repetitive with biker gangs just having random fights on the streets (i finished most of those and just tired out).

For the main GTA4 story it was much bigger and the missions were more varied. Yes I'm comparing the disc game to a download story that probably had to keep there gb's down, but it just didn't seem good enough for me in the GTA story style. LATD just felt very plain for me, and it actually kept me from buying the Ballad of Gay Tony.

Maybe my opinion is a little jaded but I don't really look forward to them adding to GTA5 if its just going to feel like less of a experience.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I missed out not playing the Ballad of Gay Tony and the ending of LATD.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spyder335

I would pay for a Max Payne character, going all vigilante, they already have the slow motion for micheal shooting if they could add the shoot dodge diving I would pay pretty much whatever they want.

Pixelrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pixelrat

my guess is they are waiting until te new versions come out to announce anything, it'd make sense because that will pull more people back in. Look at what they did with Red Dead and how long it was before Undead Nightmare came out...turned out it was really awesome. I hope they do something, and something with scope. I really don't enjoy the multiplayer, but I loved the story and characters of GTAV. Here's hoping.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

Hey guys, remember when online heists were going to be a thing leading up to launch? Now here we are a year later talking about future paid DLC and we don't even have features that were supposed to be in the base game to begin with. No thank you, Rockstar.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Steadying

@mb: Wait.....are online heists STILL not in???

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

NOPE!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mb said:
    @steadying said:

NOPE!

Payday 2 is there for you.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.