Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

So GTA V is in Los Santos, however!!

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Hameyadea

What would be the possibility that they showed only LS for us first when we will be playing in a fully remodeled San Andreas? Or, that San Fierro and Las Venturas would be playable as DLCs?

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hameyadea

What would be the possibility that they showed only LS for us first when we will be playing in a fully remodeled San Andreas? Or, that San Fierro and Las Venturas would be playable as DLCs?

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xMP44x
    @Hameyadea said:

Mount Chiliad is shown (it's the mountain the hikers are at), and it was classed as part of San Fierro so I'm assuming San Andreas makes a return in all its glory. :)
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Well it will definitely be remodeled, new engine, greater possibilities. As such, i think we'll get San Fierro and Las Venturas in the original game...i hope. The DLCs will probably be similar to GTA IV, putting you in the shoes of a new protagonist in the same location.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Masha2932

I'm hopeful we will be able to play all three cities just like San Andreas but your DLC example is a possibility. I hope it's not true since the size of San Andreas was one of its strong points. If they decide to split the game up I'll wait for the inevitable game of the year edition.

Hellstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hellstrom

Hopefully the desert and the alien shit makes a return D:

It would be hilarious to hear some of the old radio host returning as well.

Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Slayeric

@Hellstrom: Lazlo has been criminally under used lately in my humble opinion.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hameyadea

@Hellstrom said:

Hopefully the desert and the alien shit makes a return D:

It would be hilarious to hear some of the old radio host returning as well.

Andy Dick as Maurice in Gardening with Maurice! If he'll be in the game then it'll be hilarious.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SomeDeliCook

If only they didn't waste the big foot stuff in Undead Nightmare.

Would've made sense to have it appear in GTA5

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By EVO

I'm already looking forward to Bigfoot sightings.

Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Slayeric

Ah yes. Non-existent San Andreas Big Foot sightings. I bet they parody that.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By CptChiken

I would assume that they will show the whole of san andreas. They would need to make LS much bigger than it was in gta: san andreas to be released now.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mosespippy

@Slayeric: Laz does more than just voice work. He writes all the radio bits, works on all the parody brands, wrote the internet web pages in GTAIV and did the TV stuff as well. He even did the silent films in Red Dead. And then before any rockstar game comes out he does a nation wide radio tour to promote the game. He certainly doesn't seem under used since his own radio show barely exists anymore due to him being so busy (and Sirius being cunts).

Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Jones

Worth noting that the first trailer for GTA: San Andreas didn't show anything outside of Los Santos either. Hopefully GTAV will have San Fierro and Las Venturas included in the game but that Rockstar just held off showing them for the first trailer.

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oobs

wwell they showed a plane pretty upfront so looks like you will be able to fly it or at least just use it as a quick way of getting to different areas..

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hameyadea

I wonder... Modified RAGE engine and (maybe) San Andreas-esque map. I'm thinking that game will be about 3 DVDs.

Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Slayeric

@mosespippy: I miss the days where he dominated a whole station to himself within the game like in III and VC.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By samfo

There already has been a bigfoot sighting.

If you look at the police shield on the car the bottom right section of it has a sasquatch. Not even joking.@EVO: @Slayeric

http://i.imgur.com/OnFpJ.png

Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Slayeric

@SamFo: Perfect!

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By soiledsanchez

the license plates on all the cars say San Andreas and not just Los Santos so its possible we will see the whole of San Andreas return, but frankly i wouldnt hold my breathe on that

im kinda bummed at that thought, but honestly as long as this updated Los Santos is bigger then Liberty City in IV then i'll get over it

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By RandomHero666

Well the mountain is in San Fierro, and that oil pump is probably the same as the ones in the Las Venturas Desert.. so yeah I think it's the whole San Andreas map.. hopefully

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By soiledsanchez

@RandomHero666: yea i would love for it to be, but to be completely honest, the mountain was actaully in the countryside inbetween Los Santos and San Fierro, and as for oil pump fields they are all over California ( or atleast where, alot have been covered up to please the eye especially in LA ( Los Santos ) so tho both may hint at a possible full on return of San Andreas again ( as i said with the San Andreas license plates) i wouldnt hold my breathe on it

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By benpicko

Though they only mentioned Los Santos 'and surrounding areas' in the press release, I'm sure it'll be the full map, otherwise neither the bridge, the oil pump, or the mountain would have been shown in the trailer.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By probablytuna

Well apparently in the first San Andreas reveal trailer, all they showed was Los Santos as well. Let's just wait and see before speculating.

Loyal_Dragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Loyal_Dragoon

I'm kind of wondering that if it turns out Los Santos is the only major city in the game, how much negative feedback are they going to get from people who were expecting all of San Andreas? I would really love to see all of San Andreas, but if its only Los Santos, that's fine by me.

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By soiledsanchez

@benpicko: that mountian was in the countryside inbetween Los Santos and San Fierro, so seeing it isnt a 100% sign of San Fierro making it into the game, same with the oil pump/s , the real state of CA is/was full of them

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By soiledsanchez

@Loyal_Dragoon: i wouldnt be surprised to hear a ton of backlash over it, however it never really means anything, i mean look at how much love the original San Andreas game is now getting.

i remember when all the info came out about eating food and working out to keep your body in shape and all that sort of stuff and everyone bitched and moaned about it, and now suddenly people are all excited for its possible return

i personly will be glad to see just Los Santos aslong as its bigger then Liberty City in IV was, i would of course much rather have the whole of San Andreas but its not gonna stop me from enjoying the game

nor will it stop the people who are bitching about it from enjoying it, they just want to bitch

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hameyadea

@Loyal_Dragoon said:

I'm kind of wondering that if it turns out Los Santos is the only major city in the game, how much negative feedback are they going to get from people who were expecting all of San Andreas? I would really love to see all of San Andreas, but if its only Los Santos, that's fine by me.

But look at GTA III's Liberty City compared to GTA IV's Liberty City. It's like 8-bit Mario game vs. Mario 64.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Animasta

the only reason there's SA license plates is because... San Andreas was the state.

admittedly I forget what the license plates were for IV, I assumed they just said Liberty City

Loyal_Dragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Loyal_Dragoon

@Hameyadea said:

@Loyal_Dragoon said:

But look at GTA III's Liberty City compared to GTA IV's Liberty City. It's like 8-bit Mario game vs. Mario 64.

Good point.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NegativeCero

I could do without the size. One of my least favorite parts of San Andreas were the out in the middle of nowhere treks back to the cities. Also, those offroad country racing missions were the worst.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hameyadea

@NegativeCero said:

I could do without the size. One of my least favorite parts of San Andreas were the out in the middle of nowhere treks back to the cities. Also, those offroad country racing missions were the worst.

While I agree with you that the off-road races leave something to be desired, I really enjoyed the nothingness, or rather the vastness, of the world map. It just made it feel like you actually traveling between cities and not between neighborhoods, like in GTA III's case.

soiledsanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By soiledsanchez

@Hameyadea said:

@NegativeCero said:

While I agree with you that the off-road races leave something to be desired, I really enjoyed the nothingness, or rather the vastness, of the world map. It just made it feel like you actually traveling between cities and not between neighborhoods, like in GTA III's case.

totally agree, the "country" areas between the cities was a nice touch to make it feel like i was actually heading to a new area and not just a new neighberhood in Los Santos

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HellBrendy

It's not only the size of the map that's important, to me they have to put in qay more than just a huge city. I demand forests, lakes, fields and everything.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hameyadea

@HellBrendy said:

It's not only the size of the map that's important, to me they have to put in qay more than just a huge city. I demand forests, lakes, fields and everything.

As the saying goes: "It's not the size of the map, but how you use it".

Sodacake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sodacake

I think Los Santos in this game is going to be an amalgamation of a huge city, remodeled to more closely resemble LA (like Liberty City in IV), and the natural areas from San Fierro and Las Venturas. You really don't need three cities anymore, especially when you consider how big the map in this game is going to be.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hameyadea

@Sodacake said:

I think Los Santos in this game is going to be an amalgamation of a huge city, remodeled to more closely resemble LA (like Liberty City in IV), and the natural areas from San Fierro and Las Venturas. You really don't need three cities anymore, especially when you consider how big the map in this game is going to be.

On the one hand, I agree with, but on the other, when I hear Los Santos I think San Andreas and San Andreas is Santos, Fierro and Venturas for me.

Sodacake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sodacake

I'm just making the point that Los Santos in GTA 5 will probably be as different from Los Santos in GTA San Andreas as Liberty City in GTA IV was from GTA 3. 

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By greennoodles
    @Slayeric I take it you didn't get too far in 4? Integrity 2.0 opens up about a third of the way into the game and is 100% laz.
    Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Slayeric

@greennoodles said:

@Slayeric I take it you didn't get too far in 4? Integrity 2.0 opens up about a third of the way into the game and is 100% laz.

I got to that point. I just want that from the start. I didn't beat the game, so if the loop for that changes up then I didn't hear that stuff. I stopped right after getting to the third island. Got fed up with Niko getting progressively more insane, him being used as a tool.

Sodacake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sodacake

You really should have gotten to the end. 

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By mariokart64fan

this will be a remodeled san andreas, not much is known except you can see mountains and a los santos gang painting , i dont think it will be the same exact san andreas , just for the fact liberty city was different then it was in 3 lcs gta advance 2 and 1 and after playing la noire id be bummed my self if its just los santos ,

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hameyadea

@mariokart64fan said:

this will be a remodeled san andreas, not much is known except you can see mountains and a los santos gang painting , i dont think it will be the same exact san andreas , just for the fact liberty city was different then it was in 3 lcs gta advance 2 and 1 and after playing la noire id be bummed my self if its just los santos ,

The initial press release stated "Los Santos and the surrounding areas", whether it would whole of San Andreas and they confirmed only Los Santos, or indeed only Los Santos is the only big city to be featured in the game is still unknown.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.