Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

So here's a dumb thing I noticed *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Steadying

*SPOILERS ABOUT EVERYTHING EVER IN THE GAME*

http://youtu.be/N-xHcvug3WI?t=55s

At around the 55 second mark, an altered version of ending C can be seen. They're looking down at exploding cars, and Trevor even still says " Now what? "

So yeah, I dunno, you guys probably don't care and it probably doesn't mean anything, but I just thought I'd share. :P

_Soki_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow I didn't even notice that, good eye.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a lot of scenes from the trailers that are in different areas. Like when Trevor says "Bang bang amigo!" in the trailer he's in the desert but in the actual game he's on a train after a heist.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's actually really cool for Rockstar to go through the effort of altering their trailers so they don't give away key plot points. Nice attention to detail.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@krullban: Yep, noticed that one too! I wonder if the ending really was just altered to avoid spoilers, or if at some point it was just flat out part of the armored truck heist and " recycled. "

Shorty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Shorty

@humanity: I think it's more like in the case of movies, where the trailers would often contain cuts or dialogue that are significantly altered or even missing from the final cut because the trailers themselves were made well before the film was finally done. So if the scenes in that preview are different than the released game, it's probably because they were changed after that preview was made.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By JazGalaxy

I think they probably just knew what dialog they thought sounded cool and created some visuals around it to demonstrate the look and feel they wanted to communicate about the game.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is it the ending that's altered or is it one of the heists? Specifically the "ram into this truck, steal money, kill cops for a good 10 minutes"

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is brilliant! When Trevor was stomping on a guy in trailer 2 and the guy ended up being johnny.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm... Well yeah, that was way different (location wise) than the actual C ending.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.