So I think my game is broken

#1 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

Michael and Trevor are in hiding at the moment so in playing as Franklin. But I can't do any more main story missions because I have to be Michael to do them. I'm running out of side missions to do for Franklin. Did this happen to others?

#2 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

i think you need to go to michaels house as franklin and franklin will phone michael making the other 2 guys availible again

#3 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

@lord_xp: Is the current mission you have coloured for Michael, or is it an M?

Otherwise I would assume you'll get a phone call at some point. I'm only getting vague recollections of that part of the story. What was the name of the last mission you did?

#4 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I was trying not put spoilers out there. But its a green labeled "M" and it won't let me continue once I'm there. My friend suggested I sleep at Franklins to see if that works

#5 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

@lord_xp said:

I was trying not put spoilers out there. But its a green labeled "M" and it won't let me continue once I'm there. My friend suggested I sleep at Franklins to see if that works

I looked up the mission I think you're referring too and it seems that some people are having the same issue

I hope you have a recent manual save because you may have to go back to it. I lost 10 hours because I hit a point where the only available mission was inside the lester's garment factory and the doors were locked. The only fix rockstar had was reloading an older save, which I hadn't made in quite some time. At least I learned to be more diligent about it

#6 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@mildmolasses: God I hope not. I save consistently throughout the game. And I'm not doing that whole game over again.

#7 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

So my game is broken and I cannot load anything or continue the story

#8 Posted by rachelepithet (1348 posts) -

My games broken cause I put all my money in bawsdaq and it's been offline for days so I have no money for ammo or armor or cars or clothes

#9 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2562 posts) -

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

My games broken cause I put all my money in bawsdaq and it's been offline for days so I have no money for ammo or armor or cars or clothes

Umm, rob a convenience store...you know those places were people shove guns in people faces for money in the real world too.

#10 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@lord_xp said:

@mildmolasses: God I hope not. I save consistently throughout the game. And I'm not doing that whole game over again.

@lord_xp said:

So my game is broken and I cannot load anything or continue the story

I don't get it. If you save constantly, shouldn't you have a save from just an hour earlier?

#11 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@grissefar: yea, from right after the mission so Im stuck where I'm at with Franklin not being able to continue on

#12 Edited by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@lord_xp said:

@grissefar: yea, from right after the mission so Im stuck where I'm at with Franklin not being able to continue on

Yuck. Ok, what you gotta do then is to leave the game for a couple of months, cool down for a bit, come back and start over and finish that bitch before the Game of the Year podcasts start rolling around.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@boocreepyfootdoctor: BAWSAQ hasn't been offline for me. Ive been tracking my Pibwasser stocks the last few days and its been fine.

#14 Posted by mosespippy (4032 posts) -

@lord_xp: Do you possibly have an old save stored in the cloud? I know mine uploads every morning.

#15 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@mosespippy: Can I load old saves somehow? I overwrite a save every time I complete a mission

#16 Posted by mosespippy (4032 posts) -

@lord_xp: Personally I have always used every save slot in GTA games simply because the PS2 games were notorious for corrupted saves. Now with PS+ all my save files are copied to the cloud, so I've got lots of options. If your saves upload to the cloud each morning like mine then you could at least download yesterdays save.

#17 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@mosespippy: Someone did get the official memory card for their birthday...

But yeah, GTA games in particular were really bad when it came to corruption. Can't say I've ever had problems with other PS2 games though.

#18 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@mosespippy: I wish I had PS+ so I could have that luxury :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.