Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Swing set of death glitch is back in GTA V

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

The swing set of death glitch was one of my favorite glitches in the whole game as it would catapult the players in the air if you hit the swing at the right angle.

It looks like this glitch is back in GTA V.

All you need to do is hit the gate at Michaels house at the right angle and it will send you flying.

Who needs to drive when you can just catapult yourself through los santos.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Shame the vehicle deformation is a lot worse

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I parked on top of a lamp post I had run down, came back later and the lamp post had re-spawned inside the car. That launched the car when I went in it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm so happy that someone found this. One of my favorite things to do in GTA IV

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I would imagine this time it was intentionally put in, considering how notorious it gotten in GTAIV.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it's a gate launch glitch and not the swing set!
    Then Swing launch glitch isn't back he just rang his cousin Gate and told him how much fun it is to launch people into the air.

He wasn't wrong

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far the funniest glitch I have found in V is multiple cars spawning in garages. An hour into the game I went to Franklin's house to retrieve a car. I noticed his default had not loaded into its usual spot outside. I went to garage and found the default car resting askew atop the other car I had in that garage. :D

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CByrne
    @yummylee said:

I would imagine this time it was intentionally put in, considering how notorious it gotten in GTAIV.

Likely not, It's a common problem with physics in games. but when it happens it shows that the game tries to implement physics right. Cars are reactive to things being hit by them. The gate is designed to open with a lot of in game torque which means nothing should be able to prevent it from opening. A garage door will be given less torque that can be overcome by a car parked in front of it. To avoid making exceptions for objects like this in the game, they usually set the mass to a insanely high number. So when a car gets hit by it, the physics engine thinks the car is being hit by a moving object that didn't slow down and has infinite mass, and it sends it flying in a reactive "car cash" manner.

Likely the swing set was a object they decide to make with mass and it had some torque rotation. For the chains or something I don't know. The mass and collision explains why lamp posts and utility poles can do strange things. Generally the alternative is to make the object a building and not movable, but that's not fun and immersive for hittable objects.Let me know if my explanation makes sense, I'm trying to improve my communication skills in life. lol

Source: Aspiring Software Engineer.

knoxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far the funniest glitch I have found in V is multiple cars spawning in garages. An hour into the game I went to Franklin's house to retrieve a car. I noticed his default had not loaded into its usual spot outside. I went to garage and found the default car resting askew atop the other car I had in that garage. :D

I had that same thing happen to me! I tried taking a photo of it but it wouldn't upload likely due to the fact that everyone was playing it on launch day.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By myke_tuna

Watching that video while randomly listening to Rage Against the Machine's "Calm Like a Bomb" was sublime.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By MariachiMacabre

God I loved that glitch. And that video serves as a startling reminder of how bad GTA IV looks compared to V. It looks like San Andreas to me now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Just gonna add it to my GTA V To-Do list.

jellotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jellotek

This looks just like insurance fraud in Saints Row IV! :D

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@cbyrne said:
    @yummylee said:

Likely not, It's a common problem with physics in games. but when it happens it shows that the game tries to implement physics right. Cars are reactive to things being hit by them. The gate is designed to open with a lot of in game torque which means nothing should be able to prevent it from opening. A garage door will be given less torque that can be overcome by a car parked in front of it. To avoid making exceptions for objects like this in the game, they usually set the mass to a insanely high number. So when a car gets hit by it, the physics engine thinks the car is being hit by a moving object that didn't slow down and has infinite mass, and it sends it flying in a reactive "car cash" manner.

Likely the swing set was a object they decide to make with mass and it had some torque rotation. For the chains or something I don't know. The mass and collision explains why lamp posts and utility poles can do strange things. Generally the alternative is to make the object a building and not movable, but that's not fun and immersive for hittable objects.Let me know if my explanation makes sense, I'm trying to improve my communication skills in life. lol

Source: Aspiring Software Engineer.

Huh, cool. Thanks for the information!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.