Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Welp, just lost my Rank 22 character in GTA Online...

• 62 results
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

I was really looking forward to GTA Online but still haven't touched it due to all the issues I keep hearing about. Now I extra don't want to play. Hopefully all of this will get fixed soon.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

Logged on today to find my character gone.
    25+ hours of gameplay right down the drain.
    Was tempted to just make another one and jump right in to making up for lost progress, but guess I'd be better off waiting until that issues fixed.
    I don't mind losing one character to launch issues but I think if I made another and lost ANOTHER 25+ hours because of it then I might be a little ticked off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So I lost my level 11 character, remade her almost exactly. She's a black lady. And then when I loaded it up just now she looks like this.

No Caption Provided

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

After a good night's sleep, my lvl 26 character and the nearly 600k of dollars I've earned and spent are still a no-show. Guess I'll finally try out Payday today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's been reports of people's single player getting messed up, has that happened to anyone here?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

There's been reports of people's single player getting messed up, has that happened to anyone here?

All I know is that garages still don't work properly, in single player that is. I've managed to maintain my day one character that is level 15 now in the online, but maybe I just jinxed it and he will be gone when I get home.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey, the game finally brought me back to level 8 from level 5, but it only decided to give me back a grand instead of the 23k that was missing. Well it's something, I guess.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checked if my character is back, but NOPE.... I am not gonna create a new character again, i´ll just have to wait it out i guess :S

BombaLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry, dude...

i've lost my first character too, she was level 5 or something, so not a big deal... my current one is 42 tho, and if i lose her, i will never ever touch this game again... probably it will be the first game that i actually throw away... the cloud situation, especially since EVERY MISSION/RACE/PIECE OF S* IN THIS GAME IS INSTANCED AND PLAYER-HOSTED, is unacceptable...why does the cloud save my snapmatic photos, but not my character progress? why is the camera even functional while the bawsaq is offline? its just a f'ing mess...
    oh, and i've lost almost 150k$ in car upgrades till now, too... yeah, gtao is fun...

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, all of this is just super annoying, especially since the only solution that can be offered seems to be "don't play". I honestly wouldn't mind starting over if I knew the new character wouldn't be deleted, but given how things are going right now it probably would be.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@skyrider: I would start a new character in slot 2 if I knew it wouldn't screw over my first.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By strainedeyes

I love my character the other day too. It took forever to make a guy that didn't look ridiculous. I'm going to go ahead and not touch the online until things get fixed. I had him for a few days and always logged out via the pause menu.

Why do they give the option to continue playing online when their cloud is down, if nothing you do will save?

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#63  Edited By KowalskiManDown

@greggd said:

I got in on day 1, still have the same character. I'm sorry you guys have had so many issues, but I'm very glad I haven't lost mine.

Me too, apart from a few server issues here and there... the game's run relatively fine for me since launch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.