What are some small things you want back?

• 109 results
#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

With the announcement of GTA:V I was wondering what are some of the small things you want back that weren't in GTA:IV? I really enjoyed the car customization in San Andreas and I hope they bring it back, not sure if they will though.

So guys, what do you think?

#2 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

JETPACKS

#3 Posted by Aishan (1009 posts) -

Being able to play as a lard-arse.

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Claude Speed as the protagonist.

#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@Aishan said:

Haha, that was pretty awesome.

Also. more crazy cheats. Who doesn't love running around in a clown costume, weighing 200kg with a giant head?

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Aishan said:

Also. more crazy cheats. Who doesn't love running around in a clown costume, weighing 200kg with a giant head?

You're looking for the wrong game. They clearly set a tone with GTA 4.

#7 Posted by EuanDewar (4693 posts) -
#8 Edited by uniform (1832 posts) -

The diversity of the locations in San Andreas is something I really missed while playing IV. SA truly felt like a larger game than it actually was with all the radical changes between the different areas. Cities, mountains, forests, a desert. I loved that part of SA.

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Thing that weren't in IV? hmm.. 

Bicycles, dual wielding, the big trucks with the motorcycle-stunt tracks on the back, real, fun cheat codes, golf courses.

#10 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Aishan said:

You're looking for the wrong game. They clearly set a tone with GTA 4.

Yeah, Saints Row is more like that. I played GTAIV and I liked it but I would like it to go back to the older games style. Even if it doesn't I really hope they add car customization, there is no excuse for not including that.

#11 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

Dildo weapons.

#12 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Driving that doesn't take itself so seriously

and putting some fun back into the game would be nice. I hope GTA V actually has a decent frame rate too, GTA IV runs like ass on console. (and the PC version was shit)

#13 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Some fun goofy missions would be nice to break up the monotony of "Drive to a place, shoot a guy" But if IV was any indication, it's going to be dour, so I just hope the writing is good this time.

#14 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

The BMX's in San Andreas were great! I'd love to see those back. Also, planes.

#15 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

BM-motherfucking-X.

Biking the crap out of that poor thing while being chased by the police = fond memories.

#16 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

A parachute for falling out of choppers, and jets. It would be cool if there were interactive things also, elevators and roller coasters, for example.

And one huge thing for multiplayer, a map editor, not geometry or anything, but ramps and items. I would think that would add a lot of replayibility.

#17 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@Arker101 said:

A parachute for falling out of choppers, and jets. It would be cool if there were interactive things also, elevators and roller coasters, for example.

And one huge thing for multiplayer, a map editor, not geometry or anything, but ramps and items. I would think that would add a lot of replayibility.

Oh man, I was pissed off that the theme park was closed down in GTAIV.

#18 Posted by OtakuGamer (1223 posts) -

I would like to see the return of planes and bikes, crazy mini-games and deeper character and car customisation.

#19 Posted by Daiphyer (1303 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

BM-motherfucking-X. Biking the crap out of that poor thing while being chased by the police = fond memories.

This.

Man, San Andreas was unreal.

#20 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Arker101 said:

Oh man, I was pissed off that the theme park was closed down in GTAIV.

Yeah, it was always a bummer when I drove by it.

#21 Edited by Bobby_The_Great (1002 posts) -

The fun.

And people not calling me to hang out and do absolutely nothing all the time. That'd be nice.

Honestly, I think Saints Row 3 is going to do everything that this game won't. GTA IV sucked.

#22 Posted by Mercot (80 posts) -

@Bobby_The_Great
Agree. No more dumbass phone calls.

I'd prefer a large, more environmentally diverse map and PLANES. Rustler ftw.

#23 Posted by Mercot (80 posts) -

@Bobby_The_Great
Agree. No more dumbass phone calls.

I'd prefer a large, more environmentally diverse map and PLANES. Rustler ftw.

#24 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10384 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Aishan said:

I think that's what the Saint's Row games are for. I liked the gritty "realistic" approach that GTA IV took, and I'm hoping GTA V follows suit.

Personally, the thing I want most in the game (and now I'm just disregarding the "want back" part) is for there to not be a run button. I HATE RUN BUTTONS!

#25 Posted by Ghostiet (5209 posts) -

The character progression stuff from San Andreas, a better wardrobe (A FUCKING MENU, GODDAMMIT) and guns that are actually fun.

#26 Posted by JDW519 (148 posts) -

Mostly just bikes and planes, they're never gonna go 'crazy' like they used to, that's obviously Saints Row's shtick now, also more Lazlow

#27 Posted by GreggD (4475 posts) -

@JDW519 said:

Mostly just bikes and planes, they're never gonna go 'crazy' like they used to, that's obviously Saints Row's shtick now, also more Lazlow

I want more Chatterbox Lazlow, and less Selfish Prick Lazlow.

#28 Posted by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

planes and garages,

At least garages, I mean come on.

#29 Posted by Andorski (5179 posts) -

I liked the customization in SA, so I hope they bring that back. It was also there in IV, but a lot more limited.

#30 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Customization, fun and unique missions, bikes, a captivating enviroment, things like that.  Also, even though they are going with the grittier and edgier tone and shit, they should NOT penalize players who want to go full Michael Bay in this shit. This a sandbox, so let me build castles and destroy them while screaming "FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAH!". They should NOT forget the fun factor. 

Please GTA V, you have potential, just please... Be fun.

#31 Posted by Chaser324 (6264 posts) -

Personally, I loved the direction that Rockstar took things with GTA IV, in terms of tone and gameplay, and I'm hoping that they continue down that path.

If you really want jetpacks, dildos, and base jumping, go play Saints Row.

#32 Posted by Bocam (3669 posts) -

I want a main character that doesn't die at the end of the game.

#33 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Aishan said:

get saints row 3. they've gone batshit insane with that stuff.

#34 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
#35 Posted by Bocam (3669 posts) -

@MikeGosot: Still counts.

#36 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Bocam: Also, you're going to be disappointed with Max Payne 3. I bet that he's going to die in the ending.
#37 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -
#38 Posted by HellBrendy (992 posts) -

Everything pre GTA IV. And Brucie.

#39 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5797 posts) -

top-down 2d graphics

#40 Posted by Zacagawea (1577 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

top-down 2d graphics

Yes.

Someone get this man a bluetooth headset.

#41 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
#42 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba: Let me guess. You clicked that before finishing the game.
#43 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@NekuSakuraba: Let me guess. You clicked that before finishing the game.

Yep. I'll still finish it though.

#44 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

Gang wars and the size of map from San Andreas, the best GTA in my book

#45 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba: Sorry for that, duder. D:
#46 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

Great shooting mechanics and checkpointing. Oh wait...

#47 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@MikeGosot: No problem, I'm pretty sure I have already had it spoiled for me already so all the post did was remind me of what happens. :)

#48 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Flying cars... need I say more?

#49 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

legitimate hot coffee action... 

#50 Posted by Landon (4127 posts) -

They should learn from Red Dead and give each gun an individual weight and feel. I would also like more character customization.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.