What genres or artists would you like to see in GTA V?

#1 Posted by Witzig (328 posts) -

I love discovering new music and I love playing GTA. Luckly for me the GTA series has great selection of music in all thier games. Wether it be Reagge, Elctronic, or Rock GTA has opened new door in the music world to me and others. I'm wondering with the location of the GTA V being annonced (Los Santos) what local music should be incorperated? Now It doesn't have to be local music any will do but i suggest this picks.

-Black Flag (American Waste)

-Wasted Youth (Teenage Nark)

-The Bags (Babloynian Gorgon)

-X (Los Angelos)

Now that's just a few off the top of my head.

#2 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2417 posts) -

How about G-Funk?

G-Funk's pretty good.

#3 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

Honestly I want some more rock in my games.

#4 Posted by bwmcmaste (851 posts) -

Classic Rock, Reggae, and old Country is all I ask for in my GTA radio stations.

#5 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I would love a radio that only plays classical music, but i highly doubt that they will implement that. I just want a soundtrack. One as good as the GTA San Andreas soundtrack. Man, it was awesome. Also, what's up with the "You can't listen to music outside of cars"? You could press Select and choose what do you want to hear. I think the Scarface game used a system like that and it was fuckin' amazing.

#6 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

The Weeknd.....I would honestly be pretty surprised if they didn't have a song by The Weeknd in there.

#7 Posted by soiledsanchez (75 posts) -

honestly i really liked the music in San Andrea's if they have a nice blend like that again i would very much enjoy it, tho its gonna suck a little as with Vice City the time period was part of what made the music great, so hopefully they have some 90's rap again

#8 Posted by Pezen (1635 posts) -

It's not so much a specific genre or band I want in, but rather a big picture idea of what type of theme they want to get across with it. Up until GTA IV I think they had a really strong sense of the era they were portraying and as a result, those soundtracks are very spot on. GTA IV left me very displeased, as that was a really forgettable soundtrack. But maybe it's harder putting together a soundtrack that is in some way 'modern' because we're still in the middle of it all. But, generally, it should be diverse at the very least.

#9 Posted by AlisterCat (5635 posts) -

I only really listen to the talk stations.

#10 Edited by BlastProcessing (922 posts) -

NOTHING BUT G-FUNK

Edit: I will pre-order this second if it has this:

#11 Posted by Witzig (328 posts) -

Shameless bump

#12 Posted by Schmollian (265 posts) -

I'm an Alternative guy, so I'm hoping for some Black Keys, White Stripes, and maybe even a little Cage the Elephant in this new GTA.

But really, nothing beats that San Andrea's soundtrack. If they can get a few of those songs back as a sort of call back, that would be pretty cool.

#13 Posted by TheSlothKing (333 posts) -

I want more/better classic rock.

#14 Posted by Trains (134 posts) -

-Usher

-Boyzone

-Kid Rock

#15 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

Death Grips for crazed killing sprees... has to be in here I think.

Also bring back Sean Price.

#16 Posted by beeryayghost (336 posts) -

Some K-Dot and Chief Keef. #BANGBANG

#17 Posted by Dixego (386 posts) -

Post-indie-folk-ska.

#18 Edited by pyromagnestir (4327 posts) -

DOOM

But mostly I want artists I haven't heard of, as half of the music I listen to I hear first in games or tv.

#19 Posted by MonetaryDread (2076 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

I only really listen to the talk stations.

I definitely want to hear more than one talk radio station.

#20 Posted by EVO (3920 posts) -

GTA IV's soundtrack was nowhere near as memorable as the other games.

#21 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

is it set in the past or in modern times .. if modern .. get ready for a dubstep radio station

#22 Posted by Rebel_Scum (743 posts) -

@Trains said:

-Usher

-Boyzone

-Kid Rock

Anything but this lol.

Considering its based on LA I would like to see:

Sublime, The Doors, Bay Area trash & 60's psychedelic, G'nR, Beach Boys, Van Halen, RHCP, Neil Young, Charlie Parker, Tupac Shakur, Sugarhill gang, West coast hip hop (even though I prefer east coast) and a classical music station and a bebop station dammit!

#23 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Whoever picked the music for GTA IV needs to come back. That game got me into so much music. The Journey was awesome night time channel.

Ive got each radio station on my MP3 player complete with ads.

Cypress Hill

Dr Dre, Tu Pac, Snoop Dogg

Sublime anything SKA is what I think of when I think of So-Cal

#24 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Would be cool if you could link it up with Spotify or something like that and still have the classic GTA commercials and news breaks between the songs or just a custom playlist like the OG Xbox had

#25 Posted by wjb (1676 posts) -

OBVIOUSLY!

#26 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Gritty, grimy fuck-off brostep.

And Baroque-era Classical.

#27 Posted by MightyDuck (1523 posts) -

Selfishly?

More 80's rock. I'm looking at you Eddie Money.

#28 Posted by gaminghooligan (1465 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

DOOM

But mostly I want artists I haven't heard of, as half of the music I listen to I hear first in games or tv.

YES YES YES YES as much DOOM as possible. Also some Quasimoto would be awesome.

#29 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I'd like to see some Hands Up Techno, Progressive House, Happy Hardcore, and... I don't know, actually. I have faith in Rockstar that they'll do what's right.

@MikeGosot: Yeah, Scarface had a great system.

#30 Posted by CookieMonster (2423 posts) -

More LCD Soundsystem plz.

#31 Posted by mikey87144 (1797 posts) -

@EVO said:

You're right. I'm struggling to remember some of the songs in it.

GTA V needs to approach the music the same way they did in San Andreas. Damn that soundtrack was good.

#32 Posted by EVO (3920 posts) -

@mikey87144 said:

@EVO said:

You're right. I'm struggling to remember some of the songs in it.

GTA V needs to approach the music the same way they did in San Andreas. Damn that soundtrack was good.

I think it has a lot to do with the era Vice City and San Andreas were set in (the 80s and 90s) and the classic songs that define those decades, as opposed to the modern setting of GTA IV.

#33 Edited by MjHealy (1859 posts) -

Yeah, even though it was set in modern times, the GTA IV soundtrack wasn't all that great. I remember there may have been some decent House but that was about it.

As far as GTA V goes, I would love to see...

• "Classic" Hip-Hop - Essentially the Radio Los Santos from San Andreas with different tracks (and some Wu-Tang)
  • A nasty, nasty dub/brostep station
  • Country (duh)
  • Modern rock/Alternative - Your Black Keys and the like.
  • Classic Rock - Really needs Ted Nugent.
  • And, most importantly, a Ska station. Classic Ska, Ska revival, whatever you got
#34 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3430 posts) -

Italo and Soul y'all.

#35 Posted by ShockD (2410 posts) -

Avant-garde jazzcore.

#36 Posted by jerseyscum (898 posts) -

@Witzig said:

I love discovering new music and I love playing GTA. Luckly for me the GTA series has great selection of music in all thier games. Wether it be Reagge, Elctronic, or Rock GTA has opened new door in the music world to me and others. I'm wondering with the location of the GTA V being annonced (Los Santos) what local music should be incorperated? Now It doesn't have to be local music any will do but i suggest this picks.

-Black Flag (American Waste)

-Wasted Youth (Teenage Nark)

-The Bags (Babloynian Gorgon)

-X (Los Angelos)

Now that's just a few off the top of my head.

Circle Jerks- Beverly Hills

Iggy Pop- Repo Man

#37 Posted by Gargantuan (1883 posts) -

European Power Metal

#38 Posted by GunstarRed (5306 posts) -

The return of Vladivostok FM. I don't know why anyone would play GTA IV and listen to anything else. The GTA games have always had good soundtracks I doubt V will be any different.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.