Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

What heists do you want to see?

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

So a large part of the GTAV story apparently revolves around various detailed heist jobs that the three characters pull off together. It appears, going on the latest coverage, that many of the heists will be homages to famous movie scenes such as from the openins of both Heat and The Dark Knight, juiced up for maximum fun in typical Rockstar fashion.

My question is what would you like to see used as inspiration for these heists?

Two for me immediately spring to mind from the fifth season of Breaking Bad (I'll hide these for the spoiler averse):

• The Magnet Vault Job - not exactly a heist per say, but rolling up on a police evidence vault with a truck full of magnets to purge sensitive information from hard drives would be thrillingly tense stuff.
    • The Methylamine Train Robbery - the daddy of all Breaking Bad set pieces, you could envision this coming off like a clinically executed scheme or spooling out into a high octane fiasco.

I'm not sure exactly what aspect of Point Break I want to see, but absolutely anything and everything up to and including Garry Busey would be fantastic.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

Oh dude, that train bit from Breaking Bad is a fantastic idea.

I'd like to see the whole Italian Job thing, detonating under the right truck and all that. In GTA form that could be a blast to play through.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten
    FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The simplest and most effective heist all time.

Watch Hana Bi by Takeshi Kitano and you'll know which one I'm talking about.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Either heist from Heat.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The North Hollywood shootout.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would like to orchestrate something like the heist in The Dark Knight. Especially if I can hire cronies that I can systematically kill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mission Impossible 1

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be against the GTA mantra, but I would want a heist that had no gun fights. A Ocean's 11 style heist might not work in the San Andreas setting, but something like The Italian Job might work.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski: An Oceans 11 style heist could work in a San Andreas type setting.
    Swing by Las Venturas and you have the right setting.

Though I don't even know if that's even a place in this new version.
    But you could fly there for a heist I guess. Get in, get the money, get out.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andorski

@warfare said:

The North Hollywood shootout.

This would be a crazy heist to do. It could utilize the suburban parts of San Andreas (a type of setting that is rarely used in GTA games).

Another movie they can get inspiration from could be The Town. The player has to get in and steal the money from the vault within a certain time period. There is an option to leave early (and avoid a chase with the cops), but the longer you stay the more money you can bring in. If you go over the time limit, the player has the option to either blow out as fast as they can and outmaneuver the cops. Another option would be to take a hostage and roll out in a sneakier manner, trying to get the police tail off your back.

Although in the GTA universe, taking a hostage probably is not much of a bargaining chip. People die in mass numbers in the city every day.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

An extended version of the diamond heist at the beginning of Snatch. If anyone can pull it off it's Rockstar.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski: Aaaah the Town! The stadium robbery from the end would be a pretty unique and interesting one to see.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramone said:

Either heist from Heat.

this.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since we're mere days from getting hands on with GTA V I thought the topic was due a bump as it's the last chance to make predictions for heists.

Also, looking at the Michael trailer I think it just about confirms the presence of the armoured car heist from HEAT don't you think (about 38 seconds in)?

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I don't think it will happen but I would LOVE to see the heist in Ocean's Eleven.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clonedzero

I want an over the top Mission Impossible style heist.

I wanna be dropped by a cord through like 30 stories of crazy air filtration shutters. I wanna use suction cups to climb the side of a glass skyscraper. I wanna fly a helicopter through a train tunnel (though ill probably try that between missions anyways)

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An underwater heist would be nice.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Since we're mere days from getting hands on with GTA V I thought the topic was due a bump as it's the last chance to make predictions for heists.

Also, looking at the Michael trailer I think it just about confirms the presence of the armoured car heist from HEAT don't you think (about 38 seconds in)?

Oh yeah, that scene is clearly straight out of Heat. I must have seen that flick a hundred times or more.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dog Day Afternoon.

Press X to go to Wyoming.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Topkapi, just to fuck with people.

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why on earth is this pinned?

Anyway, the one from Fast and Furious Five would be good, except if the game has more realistic physics than the movie, in which case it would suck.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously a good, ol fashioned, bank robbery. I know 4 already did it, but I think they could do a better job. My one main gripe with the bank heist in 4 was that it was WAY too linear, so I'd like to see one that could be approached in a lot of different ways.

TheOther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inception. Do it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.