Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

When does GTAV get released on PS4 and XBox One?

DCam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By DCam

Poll When does GTAV get released on PS4 and XBox One? (80 votes)

this year 3%
    next year 55%
    2015 3%
    2016 3%
    2017 or later 1%
    never 36%

I want to play it. I don't currently have a PS3 or 360. I'm not sure I want to buy a console for this game. Although I could go for a PS3 and also get Last of Us.

• 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Probably never. They'll release it on PC sometime next year and will then leave it at that I'd assume.

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mx

I'd think It's either next year or never. PC release seems far more likely, it all depends on the ease of the porting proces from pc to next gen consoles.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're going to get a PS4, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a PS3 for all the free PS Plus titles that are / will be available for the system.

Or you could just wait a bit and see if they announce it sometime in the next six months or so. If they do massive DLC add-ons like they did for GTA IV, they'd be crazy not to release it for next gen consoles at one point or another.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Never. On PC ? Yes. GTA Online on next gen ? Probably.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think Rockstar would be crazy to pass up on the amount of money they would probably make on porting the game over to next gen. And if they plan on releasing on PC then theoretically it probably wouldn't be that hard to do next gen consoles since those things kind of resemble standard PC architecture anyway right?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Rockstar would be crazy to pass up on the amount of money they would probably make on porting the game over to next gen. And if they plan on releasing on PC then theoretically it probably wouldn't be that hard to do next gen consoles since those things kind of resemble standard PC architecture anyway right?

If GTA Online is every bit as impressive and addictive as the single player game, I'll want to play it for a lot longer than the month and a half that it will take for the next gen consoles to get released. If Rockstar can deliver a 1080p & 60 frames per second GTA V on next gen consoles, I'll happily double dip.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Did you see the obscene amount of money that the game has already generated? Why would they waste money on making versions for the small install base of next gen consoles when most people who want it already have it. And those who don't have it are waiting for a PC version

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By isomeri

We'll probably get a "Game of the Year" edition on the PC late next year and they might pop out next-gen versions at the same time.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Not going to happen. They are already making the lions share or their money right now. A PC release is likely next Gen won't happen though. It makes zero sense. Small install base and they would be easting resources they could be using to make their next project.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My 2 cents are that if they'll do a PS4/X1 version, it would be after the PC release, which I assure would be late 2014/early 2015. So maybe Q1 or Q2 of 2015, assuming the install base would be seem large enough, and they'll probably use GTA Online as the measurement tool

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HoM3R

They are in it for the long haul with GTA Online and already said when the online user-base for this generation dies down "we will take actions". Also think a next-gen release is more likely for pc since mods/hacks on pc will ruin the GTA Online experience. Guess GTA 5 singleplayer will be along for the ride and probably some new GTA Online maps.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GTA5 as we know it on consoles i would say never. What i do believe will happen is a GTA expansion like ballad of gay tony or lost and the damned that will be released on all platforms even next gen. If that does not happen i think the GTA online will at the very least be released on next gen.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Never. On PC ? Yes. GTA Online on next gen ? Probably.

Why? Other than the name little suggests to me that GTA Online is anything other than an improved MP mode.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: It terms of porting stuff over i think that would be the easiest. They said they want the online to last a while and plus 16 players will be fine for current gen but imagine 64 players causing chaos in PC and Next gen versions.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

There is probably little money in porting it over to PS4/XOne because the install bases will be so low, but there is 'good will' to be created from providing a game to new owners looking for good content RockStar will make a ton of paper (as GTA thugs like to call it) on the PS3/XB versions, and a PC version will likely be an easy port to PS4/XOne so they will probably just do it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@yummylee said:

Probably never. They'll release it on PC sometime next year and will then leave it at that I'd assume.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the GaiKai game stream service isn't coming to the PS4 for a while, and so I wouldn't bank on being able to play GTAV on next gen, as everyone is telling you that they don't believe it will be released for next gen systems.

If you want to play the GTAV and The Last of Us, you could always just buy the PS3 and when you're ready to upgrade sell it, because I believe this generation's consoles will retain value into next generations lifespan. You might even be able to get a PS3 for a good price after nex-gen releases if you can wait that long to get your hands on GTAV.

All personal preference my man!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.