Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

You'll need a high end apartment for heists

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

And it's complete bullshit. Just blew all my money on the 120k medium apartement and you can't do heists if you don't own a 200k apartment or higher. 120k for basically nothing.

Now I'll spend a good amount of that stimulus package on an apartement instead of saving for a nice car or helicopter. Just don't buy a garage or sub 200k apartement, they're pretty much useless now.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Stepping stones...

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten

Meh, if that's the case I guess I'll just buy one of those then.
    Not like they're hard to come by with the whole "FREE MONEY!" thing they're doing soon anyway and then when the heists do come out at some point I'll do 10 of those and maybe be up to the same amount I was gifted from Rockstar and THEN buy all the clothes and stuff when I'm ranked up a bunch as well. No big deal really.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:

Stepping stones...

For what? Spending half of the money you need to aquire one of these high end appartement on a shitty place that serves no purpose at all?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not like they're hard to come by with the whole "FREE MONEY!" thing they're doing soon anyway and then when the heists do come out at some point I'll do 10 of those and maybe be up to the same amount I was gifted from Rockstar and THEN buy all the clothes and stuff when I'm ranked up a bunch as well. No big deal really.

the best car in the game is still 1M, the tank is 1.3M and the attack helicopter is 1.75M so I don't think you'll run out of things to buy...

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@pyrodactyl said:

And it's complete bullshit. Just blew all my money on the 120k medium apartement and you can't do heists if you don't own a 200k apartment or higher. 120k for basically nothing.

Now I'll spend a good amount of that stimulus package on an apartement instead of saving for a nice car or helicopter. Just don't buy a garage or sub 200k apartement, they're pretty much useless now.

Well then, it's a good thing that for all the headaches and issues people had with launch, Rockstar is giving all players 500,000 dollars.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/11/grand-theft-auto-5-online-players-to-receive-a-half-million-in/

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:

the best car in the game is still 1M, the tank is 1.3M and the attack helicopter is 1.75M so I don't think you'll run out of things to buy...

I know, that's why I said "clothes and stuff" .. as in start with all the small stuff and then eventually, as I rank up, get to the more "fun for a few hours" stuff :p

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Apparently you get half your money back when you buy a new apartment, so its not a total loss. And im going to assume so long as a buddy has a planning room he can invite you into the heist crew.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You get half your money back when you buy a new apartment.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just stumbled on this thread and I have to say that's a major bummer.

Since you can only own one property, I don't even want an apartment at all - the garages are better. The apartments are just a hassle when you spawn in them and have to walk-not-run the mile to the door to transport to your garage from there - it's effectively just an extra loading screen slowing you down when you want to jump into the game. Plus the high end apartment locations aren't that great, IMO.

The 1337 garage, on the other hand, is a prime piece of real estate. It has easy access to the Airport, an LS Customs, and the water all right there. It's the closest thing to actually being able to own a personal aircraft hangar and heli pad. Spawn, grab an aircraft and you are on your way. To have to choose between that and the heists is a raw deal.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's satire for real life.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.