Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 27, 2002

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is the second 3D game in the series and sixth original title. It features more of the same sand-box action-adventure gameplay with a new 1980s setting, new characters, new weapons and much more.

Playing through it again

scottp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By scottp

Man this game is Amazing!!!. Also it still holds up perfectly if you are not a graphics snob lol.

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Catlicker

Agreed. It's hard to make it run in a Win7 computer, but it's worth the effort. Dialogues are gold, and the music fits so well, makes you think of Tony Montana.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sooty

It is indeed brilliant. I ended up getting it cheap on PS2 again because I was too lazy to map the controls to my 360 pad. Shooting controls are ass but the rest of the game plays well enough.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Graphics aside, the gunplay and movement and physics are too shitty after playing games like GTA 4 and Just Cause 2.. I love Vice City but it is dead to me.

artdias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I take the shitty Aiming and movement as a challenge. Nowadays controlling makes life too easy sometimes.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wjb

@ahmadmetallic said:

Graphics aside, the gunplay and movement and physics are too shitty after playing games like GTA 4 and Just Cause 2.. I love Vice City but it is dead to me.

Even after playing San Andreas. I went back and played Vice City after San Andreas some years ago and couldn't continue after a few hours. The improvements in San Andreas were that noticeable.

Vice City was still a classic, yes.

EDIT: Holy shit, I'm usually good at recognizing necro-threads, too.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeeGee

It holds up in many ways, but there's no denying that the shooting in those old GTA games is fucking atrocious by modern standards. It's almost mandatory to use cheats to get through it without losing your mind.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@artdias said:

I take the shitty Aiming and movement as a challenge. Nowadays controlling makes life too easy sometimes.

If you watch the speedruns (as I do often on Twitch, AdamAK) then you know the combat is good enough to headshot every dude. It can't be that bad ;)

Agreed. It's hard to make it run in a Win7 computer, but it's worth the effort. Dialogues are gold, and the music fits so well, makes you think of Tony Montana.

I know this is an old ass post, but it ran without me doing anything on Win7, just straight off the disc. *shrug* But yeah, I love the hell out of this game's vibe. I really hope V can have that feel.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By buft

@deegee said:

It holds up in many ways, but there's no denying that the shooting in those old GTA games is fucking atrocious by modern standards. It's almost mandatory to use cheats to get through it without losing your mind.

i was so good at those cheats, i pulled them off like super moves in street fighter.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Vice City is one of my all time favorite games. Probably as high as #2 on my personal list, but man I find it hard to go back to now. The lack of dual analog controls certainly makes the gameplay feel incredibly dated. Not to mention the poor shooting mechanics. Still I love it, but it's a game I've had a hard time replaying after San Andreas and beyond.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vice City is one of my all time favorite games. Probably as high as #2 on my personal list, but man I find it hard to go back to now. The lack of dual analog controls certainly makes the gameplay feel incredibly dated. Not to mention the poor shooting mechanics. Still I love it, but it's a game I've had a hard time replaying after San Andreas and beyond.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Live2bRighteous

I felt extremely horrible for getting into Vice City after playing San Andreas/GTA IV. I absolutely loved the music, theme and time period of it... but the shooting mechanics just put me off instantly. If I could just find a mod where I can control the rate of fire, I think I could get through it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.