BEST GTA MAIN CHARACTER?

• 91 results
#1 Posted by aabbenenend (19 posts) -

So everyone who is the best grand theft auto character in terms of personality and other little things that make the person who he is.

#2 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1684 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti and Niko Belic are in a tie for 1st

#3 Posted by elbow (374 posts) -

Carl Johnson

gangstah fo' lyfe

#4 Posted by DarkLegend (1383 posts) -

Yeah, Tommy is first for me.

#5 Posted by Marvster47 (2 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti is Bad Ass!! and i know alot of people would agree

#6 Posted by Systech (4190 posts) -

Niko seems the most human to me so he's probably my favorite.

#7 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (539 posts) -

niko

#8 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2916 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti and CJ are my favorites. Hard to choose one.

#9 Posted by Zripwud (259 posts) -

I didn't played GTAIV cause I own a PC (and I  have to wait =( ), but, for what I've read, I think Niko Bellic it's the best.

#10 Posted by cjmhockey (245 posts) -

Niko has to be my favorite of all of the main characters.

#11 Posted by PharoahCapcom (472 posts) -

They are all lame.I  want to be the main character of GTA I don't want to be some random guy or a random race.

#12 Posted by breton (1448 posts) -

The one from GTA III, Claude I guess(never called him that), because of his silent attitude. There's nothing cooler than saying nothing at all throughout endless rampage.

#13 Posted by greennoodles (458 posts) -

It's either CJ or Niko. io haven't gotten all the way through GTA4 yet because of my xbox being sent to Texas, so I will make my finale judgement when I do. Tommy is my least favorite though. he is just too heartless, so much so that he doesn't seem real.

#14 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1684 posts) -
breton said:
"The one from GTA III, Claude I guess(never called him that), because of his silent attitude. There's nothing cooler than saying nothing at all throughout endless rampage.
"

Yeah, he was rather quiet...but his one line "ugh" when you fell or got shot was a classic one
#15 Posted by MiniGuns (146 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti. Hands down.

#16 Posted by Win (548 posts) -

No disrespect to the other GTA characters but I would have to say Niko.

#17 Posted by doctorkatz (2 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti is such a douchebag, I'm going with Niko.

#18 Posted by Agent_Lost (908 posts) -
breton said:
"The one from GTA III, Claude I guess(never called him that), because of his silent attitude. There's nothing cooler than saying nothing at all throughout endless rampage.
"
I think that his never got a name, everyone call him Fido at the time
#19 Posted by dietz057 (8 posts) -

CJ for me personally, but Tommy was great as well.  The problem with Niko was that he was inconsistently written.  In a way, GTA IV tried to make him more human than any other GTA character.  However, due to the fact that this is a gta game, it still needs missions where you go out an kill people.  So everytime you'd go kill person x, it diluted the supposed human aspect of Niko.  I loved GTA IV, but Niko didn't hold a candle to CJ.

#20 Posted by Aarny91 (3941 posts) -

CJ!

#21 Posted by Aaron_G (1678 posts) -

Gotta love Niko. 

#22 Posted by dangerd0g9 (13 posts) -

i am going to have to say Niko because he has a different story behind him then the others.

#23 Posted by Nik_NYG (575 posts) -

CJ

#24 Posted by aabbenenend (19 posts) -

lol my fav is eitehr niko or cj because niko and his friends are funny as hell. and cj is gangster as hell and takes good care of his sister and his brother. altho both of them do really well in turning nothing into something. as in gta4 when niko moves to librity city to start a new life while cj is having everything ripped from him by his so called friends and the rest of the balelrs and tenpenny

#25 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2681 posts) -

Cloud Speed from gta 3.He was quiet but got the job done.

#26 Posted by OGCartman (4330 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti

#27 Posted by steve316 (110 posts) -

carl johnson, he went out witha bang, niko went out crying

#28 Posted by Warihay (522 posts) -

Niko Belic is definatly first.

Followed by Brucie!!!

#29 Posted by Marnox (345 posts) -

I have nostalgic feelins for the bald dude in the original GTA. But ofcourse, Nico is my man.

#30 Posted by aabbenenend (19 posts) -

ghostly brucie aint the main character lol. oh well brucie was kinda funny always wanted to kill him tho

#31 Posted by MadExponent (321 posts) -

Niko was the coolest.  I felt like I was a random gangbanger in GTASA.  Carl didn't feel important to me until later in the game.  Tommy Vercetti pretty much to me was playing a video game as Ray Liotta.  Seriously there needs to be a GTA: Ray Liotta, that would make my day.

#32 Posted by Schizoid (1121 posts) -

Niko, he was the funniest.

#33 Posted by s10129107 (1358 posts) -

Vice City Dude!  Tommy i think.

#34 Posted by MikPick (361 posts) -

Niko just seems so real, so him.

#35 Posted by Warfare (1674 posts) -

Niko Belic.

#36 Posted by Karmum (11515 posts) -

Tommy is my number one, Niko is right behind him, though.

#37 Posted by GiantGUS (434 posts) -
This should be in the GTA Franchise forum
#38 Posted by twenty0ne (3056 posts) -

Nico. But GTA IV is really the only GTA game I've played.

#39 Posted by JoeDubbs (42 posts) -

Niko and Tommy.

#40 Posted by unworthyBOZO (240 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti

#41 Posted by xruntime (1980 posts) -

Claude from GTA III

#42 Posted by aabbenenend (19 posts) -

oh well guss what if this goes off topic.. lol

#43 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1609 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti. Niko was a little too fake for my liking.

#44 Posted by jtickner1 (124 posts) -

Tommy Vercetti takes the crown.

#45 Posted by aabbenenend (19 posts) -

which then leads to teh question of what city should be next for a new gta game San Andreas vice city or a whole new city.

#46 Posted by Y0unG_Boss (2 posts) -

well claude (gta) was quiet an heartless, not caring, said nothing, did what he was told, asked no questions, ruthless killer. tommy vercetti was a murderer, a drug dealer, all about business an nuttin else, he did what was needed to make his business grow, an for god sakes he took on a whole mafia family alone an had to deak with being back stabbed, then became the un challenge head of vice city, hell he made tha name  "vice" city,lol he was badass, now cj is gangsta, all about tha hood an down for his set, he had morals with his family, his was prolly the most all round character in gta cuz he could do everything, there was no exceptions to cj, but his character was fucked when he became a business man an stuff, i think the story was more fun when it was bout tha hood life an tha gangs but they strayed from that later on, now nico was a real badass, ruthless, did what was needed to survive, but he showed he was human to, an had a violent rage to him when he was pissed. there all good characters but i like claude an tommy, cuz claude was truly cold hearted outta all of them, if u think about it went threw hell the whole game gettin fucked over by tha mafia, the cartel, an shit, but in the end he he destoyed the columbian cartel, an survive, lol they tried to make it like he had a heart at the end by savin the girl,lol guess not......he killed her ass cuz she would shut up lol he cold hearted. an tommy cuz he was ruthless an smart, good business man, tough, an a fuckin psyco, lol. i mean he went threw richardo diaz;s cartel to get on top, made the business diaz had alot better, an destroyed the sonnys family to keep what he made, so claude an tommy tied for 1st. the other well they had there ah moments. an tony ciperani in libraty stories was a beast by tha way. cj's character wasent cool when he strayed way from tha gang bangin life, but prolly could kill all the other gta characters cuz he could do more though.....

#47 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8663 posts) -

Niko Bellic. His character really made the game for me.

#48 Posted by Gmanall (1707 posts) -

I am horrible with game names and am to lazy to look it up, but the dude from the third game. 

#49 Posted by HazBazz (1924 posts) -

The dude off GTA 3 has a great personality, and a funny accent

#50 Posted by MKHavoc (1303 posts) -

It has to be Niko.  It seems like the main character gets better ever game.  Niko was better than CJ who was a better character than Tommy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.