Grass - An important video game object

#1 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

Allot of people have expressed that they feel that many pages on giant bomb should be deleted, because they exist purely for points whore's to add virtually every game made to them. The Grass page is one of the pages that has been accused of this. I've set out to try to disprove this, using the grass page as an example. I've started editing the grass page, with my final aim being to create a really interesting and detailed page on grass in video games.

I've made a good start so far, but obviously my knowledge about grass in video games only goes so far, so some help in bringing this page to an extremely high standard would be extremely appreciated. I do plan on doing more research and improving the page, as well as adding images and generally making this page much bigger and better, but any help the rest of the community can provide would be excellent, so please do whatever you can to help.

Currently the main issue is that there is a huge gap in the graphics of grass section. It jumps from the early games with grass to the first 3D games with grass, and I will add to this pretty soon, but if anyone else wants to help with this, please feel free.

Thanks.

#2 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

Thats a really good start you've made. Props to Matt

#3 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Bermuda grass isn't real grass its a weed, hopefully someone will keep vigil over this page and set shit straight. Bermuda grass games are teh suck.

#4 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Congrats Matt, that's a great wiki so far! Not all of us care about points, some us just want to see good articles and images on GiantBomb!

#5 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

i was actually thinking about this. Should The Legend of Zelda games be included in this page? after all you can interact with the grass and it gives you rupees.

#6 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"i was actually thinking about this. Should The Legend of Zelda games be included in this page? after all you can interact with the grass and it gives you rupees."
I'd say most definitely. Grass that gives you money... That's the most epic grass ever!
#7 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Idunno. It looks like ryegrass but it could simply be rye. And as we all know rye is a pseudo-grass, at best.

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"i was actually thinking about this. Should The Legend of Zelda games be included in this page? after all you can interact with the grass and it gives you rupees."
It's in the article. :)

Anyway, I looked it over and made a few fixes to spelling and grammar. You're doing great so far. Keep up the good work.
#9 Edited by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

Thanks for your comments guys. Fable 2 comes out here tomorrow, which I intend to be playing for most of the day, so I doubt I'll find time to add to this article tomorrow, I should get back to it at some point over the weekend and improve it some more.

#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Yeah, feel free to add to it whenever you have time.
Tennis for the Channel F now shows up in the search results, so I set that as the first appearance. So long, Pitfall! No one likes you any more. :)

#11 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"Yeah, feel free to add to it whenever you have time.
Tennis for the Channel F now shows up in the search results, so I set that as the first appearance. So long, Pitfall! No one likes you any more. :)"
 Thanks for that. I would have done it sooner or later, but my main aim yesterday was to get the writen part of the article to a half decent standard, I completely overlooked the rest.
#12 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

The Gerstmann-approved Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X has been removed? Heartbreaking.

#13 Posted by Plasticworld (108 posts) -

While I do agree that grass can be an important object and deserves an entry, I think that only games should be added that somehow significantly uses grass (eg Zelda). Otherwise, it's hard to find a game that does NOT have grass. After all, this is a concept and not an object.

#14 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
God, what am I doing with my life!
#15 Posted by roushimsx (485 posts) -

Added a couple of screenshots, bulleted the list at the bottom, fleshed out a few examples and tried to make the entry a bit more NPOV.

#16 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

well done Matty

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.