Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grass

Object » linked to 399 games

It's green and grows in the ground. This page is for games that use grass in some notable way, not for all video games that merely have grass in them.

STOP ATTACHING GAMES THAT DON'T DESERVE TO BE HERE

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Daniel

The list has gotten up to 612 already, and I can guarantee you that the majority of those games didn't display grass in any special/revolutionary way. Please stop attaching games just to rack up points.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

For sure. If there is only one game on the grass page, it should be just Flower. Everyone should use Flower as a reference point for what kind of games should belong on the page.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

Daniel speaks the truth. It's not needed. You're just making everyone want to delete these great pages. We really can't have nice things.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By brukaoru

Quite a few people are just looking for points, it sucks.

KuribosShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By KuribosShoe

I don't see why snake eater was deleted.  Grass plays a very big part in the camo system.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I was unaware objects had to be displayed in revolutionary ways to be attached to games. If that's the case, then most objects are attached to far too many games. As far as I've known, objects just had to be featured in games to be worthy of being credited. What about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X? I remember the game featured individual blades of grass, which was pretty revolutionary at the time. Is that worthy of being added? Maybe a game like Viva Pinata as well, where grass plays a role in the gameplay?

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Suicrat

No, it should be featured when the concept is important to the gameplay, the story or both. You wouldn't put GTA4 on this page even though it has parkland with a grass texture in it.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By jeff

When it comes to pages for extremely common topics like this one, we want extraordinary uses of the object. For grass, that could mean grass plays a major part in the story line, or has a gameplay element to it, or is noteworthy from a technological standpoint. So something like Tony Hawk 2X, with its individual blades of grass, which was fairly unique in its day, should qualify.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Right on. Jeff, you're the man. Thanks for acknowledging my question. I think I can die a happy man right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.