Gravity Rush sequel confirmed

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201309/19040285.html

Apparently shown in a video at TGS:

Wonder if this will be on the Vita again or if it'll branch out to consoles. The first one had much potential, so I hope the second game is a lot better.

Teaser trailer:

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

Great. Gravity Rush was amazing.

#3 Edited by gunslingerNZ (1908 posts) -

Excellent news, I'm surprised this game doesn't receive higher praise when people are suggesting games to play on the Vita. It was a ton of fun and worked really well with the controls.

#4 Posted by RonGalaxy (3223 posts) -

YAY, I loved the first one (besides the ending).

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

Teaser trailer is up:

#6 Posted by Epidehl (309 posts) -

I still need to beat the first one, I've had it on my Vita for a while, played a bunch, really enjoyed it, but haven't finished it yet.

Also that soundtrack is amazing.

#7 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

One of the rare games I got 100% in everything. All the regular trophies and all the dlc trophies. Looking forward to this.

#8 Posted by EXTomar (4849 posts) -

Gravity Rush seemed like a great idea but the game was a bit off. I would love to see a followup that is improved!

#9 Posted by UngratefulDead (72 posts) -

I have been waiting for this way too long. Thank you based Sony.

#10 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1654 posts) -

Awesome! I wouldn't have guessed they'd make a sequel, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Gravity Rush had its issues -- the story and characters were (I think) forgettable, the world felt pretty lifeless, and aspects of the combat system were pretty shallow -- but it had a great style, awesome soundtrack, and some truly unique gameplay. It made great use of the Vita's hardware, which goes a long way for a launch title. I've also got a soft spot for Japanese Europe.

The flying (er, falling) was one of those great gameplay mechanics that started off seeming incredibly difficult, but gradually got more natural with practice. At the end of the game, when I was stringing together gravity kicks and successfully keeping track of Kat's direction and orientation, I felt like I was really doing something I'd never done in a game before, and I don't feel that way very often. I'm usually not a fan of races in open world games, but I spent time repeating Gravity Rush's because they were so mechanically satisfying to master.

@msavo said:

One of the rare games I got 100% in everything. All the regular trophies and all the dlc trophies. Looking forward to this.

Is the DLC worth playing? I had a sense there wasn't much to it and never really investigated it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.