Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Greed Corp

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 24, 2010

A turn-based tactics game for PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and PC. It is the first in a series of games set in the "Mistbound universe", a fictional world inspired by the industrial revolution and its destructive effects on the environment.

30 Days of Gaming: Day 3

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Edited By wunder_

This is a cross-post from my new blog; Wunder.me, I will be posting the new blogs there, and simply repost it to my GB blog, with a slight delay. So if you want up to date updates, go to that site! Anyways, on to the blog~

Hello, hello~ Welcome to the 3rd day of this month-long feature, today we'll be looking at

A Game that is Underrated

Greed Corp

What I love about this game, that I think needs more attention, is that not only is it's aesthetic appealing and unique, the actual game play is presented as simplistic but has a lot more depth, which is slowly understood and realized as you play more and more. The premise of the game is simple, 4 clans or tribes, are fighting over the world's last resources, using these "Harvesters" to collect coin, at the cost of the land.  

Quite a timely game, given the current environmental climate.   With that very basic concept, comes the aspect of competitive play. To win, you have to eliminate all your enemy's structures, and units. It then becomes a simple elimination race, where you have to trade resource for resource, an ebb and flow of gain and loss. Eventually, there will come a time where you've destroyed the entire map, and you realize that the game then comes down to bombing each other. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention; you can get cannons. And walkers. Honestly, this is getting a bit too complicated. Point is, Greed Corp, at its basest, is a game of control and elimination. 

It's a turn-based strategy game turned on it's head. The most interesting part of this game is that almost every game will be different, and the platform that you're standing on will change and transform. Will only a few units and structures, it is a shining testament to W!Games ability to create a few mechanics, stand by them, and create an incredible game around it. Not only does this have all the cool, appealing characteristics of a casual indie hit, it has the mechanics and strong infrastructure of a triple A title as well. Thanks again, for all my loyal readers, newcomers and people who've stumbled upon my blog. Stay tuned for Day 4, a dog picture and of course, don't hesitate to comment and post your own answers! DOGGIE!~

12th March 2011 - Day 2: Your favorite video game character  

11th March 2011 - Day 1: Your very first video game
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By wunder_

This is a cross-post from my new blog; Wunder.me, I will be posting the new blogs there, and simply repost it to my GB blog, with a slight delay. So if you want up to date updates, go to that site! Anyways, on to the blog~

Hello, hello~ Welcome to the 3rd day of this month-long feature, today we'll be looking at

A Game that is Underrated

Greed Corp

What I love about this game, that I think needs more attention, is that not only is it's aesthetic appealing and unique, the actual game play is presented as simplistic but has a lot more depth, which is slowly understood and realized as you play more and more. The premise of the game is simple, 4 clans or tribes, are fighting over the world's last resources, using these "Harvesters" to collect coin, at the cost of the land.  

Quite a timely game, given the current environmental climate.   With that very basic concept, comes the aspect of competitive play. To win, you have to eliminate all your enemy's structures, and units. It then becomes a simple elimination race, where you have to trade resource for resource, an ebb and flow of gain and loss. Eventually, there will come a time where you've destroyed the entire map, and you realize that the game then comes down to bombing each other. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention; you can get cannons. And walkers. Honestly, this is getting a bit too complicated. Point is, Greed Corp, at its basest, is a game of control and elimination. 

It's a turn-based strategy game turned on it's head. The most interesting part of this game is that almost every game will be different, and the platform that you're standing on will change and transform. Will only a few units and structures, it is a shining testament to W!Games ability to create a few mechanics, stand by them, and create an incredible game around it. Not only does this have all the cool, appealing characteristics of a casual indie hit, it has the mechanics and strong infrastructure of a triple A title as well. Thanks again, for all my loyal readers, newcomers and people who've stumbled upon my blog. Stay tuned for Day 4, a dog picture and of course, don't hesitate to comment and post your own answers! DOGGIE!~

12th March 2011 - Day 2: Your favorite video game character  

11th March 2011 - Day 1: Your very first video game
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Honestly, this is getting a bit too complicated.    

Ha, indeed. This should help clear up what the game's all about: 

I think it seems cool, but I've still never tried it. Maybe I will. 

A game that is underrated? How's about D/Generation. I don't actually know how underrated that game is or is not, but I remember playing it as a kid and being fascinated.
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wunder_

AGH GOD THE FORMATTING IS SO BAD.  

@JJWeatherman:  Thanks for that~ ^_^ Although I remember watching that and trust me when I say that there's a lot more depth to be mined!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

there's a lot more depth to be mined!    

Oh yeah, I'm sure there is. That vid gives you a good idea of what the game's about though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.