Greg Kasavin was rad

• 58 results
#1 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Here's to you Greg, can't wait to play Red Alert 3

#2 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I'm surprised he hasn't surfaced amidst this site being launched.  I hope he makes an appearance on the podcast when the games he's working on start coming out.

#3 Posted by Rain_Dog (219 posts) -

I concur. Greg was da man!

#4 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

His old Metal Gear Solid reviews were awesome. Gotta hand it to that cool dude

#5 Posted by Cadmus (290 posts) -

Greg was a solid reviewer.  I miss him.

#6 Posted by Archaic (50 posts) -

He was always the best on Gamespot and unlike the rest didn't try to crack a joke every 5 minutes.

Plus his reviews scores were always the most accurate.

#7 Posted by Archaic (50 posts) -

He was always the best on Gamespot and unlike the rest didn't try to crack a joke every 5 minutes.

Plus his reviews scores were always the most accurate.

#8 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

Greg was a legend, I miss the old GS staff :(

#9 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Kasavin was the man.

#10 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -
Joe said:
"Greg was a legend, I miss the old GS staff :(
"
We've just got a Old GameSpot review site, maybe GiantBomb will recruit him?
#11 Posted by Stange (18 posts) -

Greg K was the man, for sure. Chances are you already know this, but if you're looking for more Greg K his blog is here: http://donpachi.blogspot.com/

#12 Posted by Racoon (5 posts) -

He was my most trusted reviewer of vidy-yo games, I miss his distinctive russian style!

#13 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

Feels good knowing someone so awesome is behind red alert 3, it restores my faith in the game.

#14 Posted by Raspinudo (265 posts) -

Heres to greg!
Also, big shout out to Alex Navarro

#15 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Hope he has a voice role for the soviets seeing as how he's russian

#16 Posted by CleverLoginName (678 posts) -
BlackWaterCO said:
"Hope he has a voice role for the soviets seeing as how he's russian"
He should have the voice of the Apocalypse tank. "It will be... their final moments. Or maybe a cameo as a General in the cutscenes.

#17 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
BlackWaterCO said:
"Hope he has a voice role for the soviets seeing as how he's russian"

He should have a FMV role.
I remember some clip on GS where he had a big fake beard and it was all old timey and sepia toned.
#18 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You said it, dudes. "Greg Kasavin" was the first person I searched at GiantBomb.com. I love the picture of him that was included. You're the man, Greg. You're the man.

#19 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk love him some Greg Kasavin video reviews.

#20 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Yeah greg was pretty radical, I hope he at least makes an appearance on the podcast a few times.

#21 Edited by MisoRonery (470 posts) -

Greg is the man and I would love to see him as a guest on the Bombcast someday.  Hell, Skype the motherfucker in if you have to.  Sound quality could never affect his Gregness.

#22 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

OMG MisoRonery, thats a damn sex toy in your avatar, ugh

#23 Posted by CrazyCraven (171 posts) -

MisoRonery that picture is soooo wrong.

Anyway Greg was always a joy to watch and listen to when talking about games he loved.

#24 Edited by SmAsH (234 posts) -
AaronBelfast said:
"Joe said:
"Greg was a legend, I miss the old GS staff :(
"
We've just got a Old GameSpot review site, maybe GiantBomb will recruit him?
"
They can't he is working as a game developer, and I highly doubt he would want to give up such a great job (heck I wouldn't). Rich went to the east coast to start a new life/family/job there. So many things will probably not be the same, but having 4 of the originals is awesome onto its own. I can't wait to see how this site develops, and for more laughs! :D
#25 Posted by RVonE (4687 posts) -

Greg Kasavin still is rad! He was the main reason I stuck with Gamespot as long as I did.

#26 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

That guy sure made some- indepth game reviews...

#27 Posted by Shade (120 posts) -

Greg Kasavin is an extremely genuine person. I really admired his work ethics. I consider him to be one of my role models in  a way =)
It would truly be amazing if Greg was a guest on one of the Bombcasts, even if they had to do it over the internet.

#28 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Totally agree. One of my personal rolemodels. And Im totally joining in on requesting him as a guest on the bombcast. Its been way to long since I saw or heard anything from Kasavin. I am still hoping to get my hands on the full 8 hour version of his Oblivion marathon so I can stop watching the highlights reel over and over for my Greg fix. Will never happen of course...

#29 Posted by Milkman (17193 posts) -

Correction: Greg Kasavin is rad.

#30 Posted by Bilawal (109 posts) -

Greg should join Giant Bomb. Obviously that's impossible but whutever.

#31 Posted by ElectricHaggis (630 posts) -

Greg is pretty awesome, I was hoping he would appear on one of the E3 Bombcasts.  I hope Red Alert 3 turns out well.

#32 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

The best game reviewer ever, period.

#33 Posted by MutenMiller (217 posts) -

Greg was, is, and forever shall be the man. Can't wait for Red Alert 3 for many, many reasons, including his involvement! Also armoured paratrooping bears factor high on the list.

#34 Posted by Hilit (43 posts) -

Greg was the man. I miss that guy.

#35 Posted by Jonathan (658 posts) -

I love the man, although I still disagree with his Splinter Cell Chaos Theory review. That's one of the greatest games ever made.

#36 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Absolutely, It's been too long since I've heard or seen anything from Greg.

#37 Posted by Gameflogger (18 posts) -

Miss him too, greg get on here!

#38 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Greg Kasavin was just.. Simply the best there was.

#39 Edited by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Besides Jeff, Greg was the dopest reviewer out there fuk yeh Greg.

#40 Posted by solidphoenix (286 posts) -

Greg Kasavin was the greatest game reviewer around. Not only did he know games, he also knew how to write. And man-oh-man, I remember one time when I saw 3 reviews done by him in 1 day. Listening to him speak was always a delight, because he was such a great speaker and he knew his stuff. I'd love to see and hear from him again, chatting it up with the guys over here at Giant Bomb.

#41 Posted by Lingxor (423 posts) -

Kasavin is my hero.

#42 Posted by BranDong (238 posts) -

Greg was better than Sushi-X!

#43 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

Yeah I miss Greg Kasavin, I have not heard from him much since he went to work for EA to make Red Alert 3.

#44 Posted by Meliv (79 posts) -

The marathon playthrough of Oblivion will be forever set in my mind

#45 Posted by Foxdemon2k (261 posts) -

GameSpot went downhill from when he left.

#46 Posted by demonbear (1876 posts) -

Best reviewer in the business imho.

#47 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

He was one of the best reviewers.

When I would see a review that was written by Kasavin, I knew it was not only credible, but in-depth and as unbiased as you can get.

#48 Posted by F1 (346 posts) -

I didn't really think too much of Greg. But when he left it was a bit of a shock because I realized that he was one of the best video game critics around. I'm glad to hear things have worked out for him.

#49 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

Greg and O'Campo ftw

#50 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

He did most of the epic games. MGS2, MGS3, FFX, RE4, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.